Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2012 One!!!

mtbr member
    First time Canfield owner

2013 CCDBA should be on its way soon. Hopefully I will have it built up in the next few weeks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 One!!!-canfield..one.2012.frame2.jpg  

6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by xpeppyx View Post
    I'm not finished yet, but it's at least starting to look like a bike. Waiting on my rear casette and need to do some cable routing and work. Also need to send the fork off to get an Avalanche cartridge.
    Very nice!

I wanted to go purple as well but I think I will go orange to match my new truck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks Supra, it's actually done now. Hopefully I'll be able to test ride it tomorrow

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xpeppyx View Post
    Thanks Supra, it's actually done now. Hopefully I'll be able to test ride it tomorrow

Awesome bike! Little much black/contrast when shoppin
    6'5" 230lbs

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Has anybody run a 650b wheel up front on a One? What fork did you run and did you like, dislike it? Coming off a Lenz 29er and I've grown to like larger wheels just not 29er large, seems like the 650b up front could be a good option but im worried that the bike might be to slack for climbing and have wheel flop? The 650 rim is only 1" larger than the 26 so the wheel will only sit about 13mm higher than a 26, if I use a shorter travel fork like a 170 then it should sit about as tall as a 180 fork. Thought about a Fox Talas 180, then the fork will sit about as high as a Fox 40 and in the 140 position it would be like a 150mm fork. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I've been thinking the same thing of late. Currently have a 170mm 66 of my one and I have previously used a 2.8 Michelin Comp 32 with the fork. Just guessing but that tire is absolutely massive and I'd be willing to bet that it is bigger than say a 650b 2.35 Hans Dampf? May have to take some measurements with it mounted and get to the bottom of this. I do recall loving that tire and it's ride qualities and am starting to suspect it may partially have been because it's diameter allowed me to roll certain terrain that a smaller tire would get hung up on. As I'm usually running my One in 7" mode I could also use a slightly higher bb. Does anyone have a guess as to how much my bb height would rise?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    Has anybody run a 650b wheel up front on a One? What fork did you run and did you like, dislike it? Coming off a Lenz 29er and I've grown to like larger wheels just not 29er large, seems like the 650b up front could be a good option but im worried that the bike might be to slack for climbing and have wheel flop? The 650 rim is only 1" larger than the 26 so the wheel will only sit about 13mm higher than a 26, if I use a shorter travel fork like a 170 then it should sit about as tall as a 180 fork. Thought about a Fox Talas 180, then the fork will sit about as high as a Fox 40 and in the 140 position it would be like a 150mm fork. Any thoughts?
    I ran my 2011 ONE 650b front ans back... with 2.1 neo-motos(Pacentti) Used both the 66 from Marzzochi and the Xfusion 650b/26 vengance no issue with either. I don't think you can put a 650 rear on the 2012 though
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...psb5c701c1.jpg

mtbr member
    I thought the geometry from 11 to 12 was pretty much the same but only slightly higher BB. What would change that the frame could no longer accommodate a 659 b tire?

mtbr member
    It was already a close fit on my 2011 but I think when they changed the brace in the rear triangle it lost that gap. I know a few have tried it on the '12 but wouldn't fit.

mtbr member
    Just finished this week. I havent popped its cherry yet as I am out of town this weekend
    I will probably get some more pics next weekend!

View better quality and larger on PB

2012 One!!!-canfield-one-garage-hdr-1000px.jpg
    Last edited by jtnord; 03-09-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    6'5" 230lbs

mtbr member
    Getting close to finishing my 2012 One light DH build. It's going to be my park bike plus some of are knarlier rocky trails bike. I got a Type 2 X9 medium cage RD and can't seem to figure out how it will clear the 36T cassette. I thought I had confirmed that med cage was good (this is CB 9T hub and 28tooth bling ring).

This is my first ever bike build, but I've been pretty successful in adjusting RD and FDs before.

mtbr member
    Mine is set up the same rear derailleur and 36 tooth with a 28 or 32 up front. No issues. Set your low and high limits and double check the B tension screw for jockey wheel clearance on the 36 tooth cog

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have a X0 short cage and it clears the 36t quite nicely. 28t bling ring up front and 9-36 in the back

2012 One!!!-p4pb9218391.jpg

mtbr member
    They are all out of black 12's... I've been trying to find a used medium but people are holding on to these things like gold.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpca10 View Post
    They are all out of black 12's... I've been trying to find a used medium but people are holding on to these things like gold.
    I believe the 2013's are only a couple of months away, I bet if your willing to wait you'll get the black you want....
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    2012 One!!!-img_0514_3.jpg2012 One!!!-img_0518_2.jpg

LOVE this bike! Great climber, great descender. Climbs at least as well as my 26" Bandit.

Highlights:

-33 lbs. even
    -medium frame
    -CC DBair is using the factory-supplied compression and rebound settings.
    -CK Inset 5 headset
    -Vengeance 170 HLR air fork
    -SixC 785mm bar
    -Havoc 50mm stem
    -XT 775 brakes with 180 rotors front/back, Goodridge hoses
    -Same XO/Bling Ring/11-36t drive train that many are using. Crank length is 170mm and that seems plenty short.
    -Crampon Ultimate pedals (GREAT pedals!)
    -Flow rims (non-EX version)
    -Sapim Force spokes
    -Hope Pro 2 Evo front hub
    -CK 142x12 rear hub
    -Muddy Mary 2.35's trailstar compound, tubeless

Bottom bracket height is 14.0" in the 8" travel setting and 13.5" in the 7" travel setting with the 565mm a-to-c fork and external lower cup headset.

mtbr member
    Simple, clean and good looking sums up that build! You will enjoy that ride, Congrats

DBY
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan View Post
    Simple, clean and good looking sums up that build! You will enjoy that ride, Congrats
    Thank you! It's definitely a fun bike and I'm looking forward to riding the hell out of it.

mtbr member
    A bit pre-mature photo shoot, but after putting the wheels on, was excited to take some photos. Still got some cable work to do, all the chain, bleed the brakes and set up for fit, but still photo worthy.

Was a bit shocked by the weight...my scale says 38lbs as seated. That is with the CCDB, DH tubes, 2.5" DH tires...but expected < 35lbs. Then again my scale could be off.

2012 One!!!-new-downhill-bike-006.jpg2012 One!!!-new-downhill-bike-003.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice job. I'd be a little shocked too, you've spent some coin. By the looks of it, that should be 36ish as it sits. What size frame, and is that a world cup? Ditch the tubes and go tubeless and get some Ti on that shock. Then I'd weigh it with a different scale.....

mtbr member
    Thanks. Yeah I spent some coin. I really only opted for the ENVE rims cause I thought they could run tubeless like my AM ones on my all around bike (they can't according to ENVE). Also, ENVE has supposedly some of the best CS and durability (despite that one PB review). I am a tad regretful for the decision TBH cause 823s could run tubeless easy and the DH tubes probably make up a large part of the difference in #s. They are also a royal PITA to get tires onto! I did a lot of swearing this morning.

Its a WC air fork. I was planning on a Ti shock cause, WTH, I've spent enough already, why not go for broke? Truth is, I only spend a lot on my hobbies and have a good job, so in the end I think it works out well. My car was $5k. haha.

I knew the tires/tubes and shock were on the heavy side, which is ok, as I have a season pass to our local lift access. I didn't expect it to be quite so heavy.

Parts list off hand is:
    Deity Dirty30 bars
    XT brakes
    Hayes rotors
    ENVE DH rims, CK front, CB 9t rear
    X9 cranks + bling ring + micro guide
    X9 RD
    Maxxis DHF, front 42a, rear 60a
    Maxxis DH tubes
    Thompson seatpost
    Deity direct mount stem.
    ODI Rogue grips
    WTB saddle
    Hope QR seatclamp
    Twenty6 Ti Predator pedals (only thing, the pins don't last near rocks and they tenderize any flesh)

First bike I've ever built. Learning process!

mtbr member
    It's a sick build for sure! I'm a bit like you, a lot of my coin go's into bikes. The amount I have spent on different suspension setups alone would pay for carbon rims. It's a healthy hobby.

Your going to have a blast on that rig, I love my One. I'm really looking forward to my next The One!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Oh man, ditch the DH tubes and get some light or even just normal tubes. You do not need DH tubes when running DH tires and that right there will save you 2 pounds. If you are that worried about pinch flats then maybe DH tube in rear but at that point you aren't that worried about weight.

My One is at 34.5 lbs with a totem air, xfusion vector with ti coil. Muddy Mary FR tire up front tubeless and a tubed rear Schwalbe with snakeskin but single ply. Other parts are comparable but my wheels are Stans Flow ex so likely a little heavier than yours. You can easily find some weight to lose in there and my money lies with your rubber setup.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My build is a lot like yours and it came in at 35.5lbs. Same bars, stem, ccdb, seatpost. I have a boxxer coil and carbon crank arms but I'm running tubeless. My wheels are probably heavier too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by unbalanced View Post

Parts list off hand is:
    Deity Dirty30 bars
    XT brakes
    Hayes rotors
    ENVE DH rims, CK front, CB 9t rear
    X9 cranks + bling ring + micro guide
    X9 RD
    Maxxis DHF, front 42a, rear 60a
    Maxxis DH tubes
    Thompson seatpost
    Deity direct mount stem.
    ODI Rogue grips
    WTB saddle
    Hope QR seatclamp
    Twenty6 Ti Predator pedals (only thing, the pins don't last near rocks and they tenderize any flesh)
    Cheaper WTB saddles are heavy as hell. You could save up to 200ish grams on the saddle alone if it's a particularly heavy one. Ancient Hayes rotors are pretty chunky compared to SRAM or Shimano's current stuff as far as rotors go.

Those are the two biggest things that stand out to my weight weenie filter other than going tubeless. My One was 32.5 lbs with light tires. It has an air Lyrik, a CCDB-Air, and AM rims though.
    Last edited by Vertr; 03-24-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast