Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: 2012 One!!!

Riding dirt since 1970
    Nice Jason. I'm waiting on a few small parts to get my build wrapped up. Did you build yours? Looks like your running the rear brake line along the down tube, and the rear derailleur cable under the top tube, right? That working OK?
    Med. Nomad C for sale

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lifer View Post
    Nice Jason. I'm waiting on a few small parts to get my build wrapped up. Did you build yours? Looks like your running the rear brake line along the down tube, and the rear derailleur cable under the top tube, right? That working OK?
    yeah so far no issues with any cabling in last months

I have had issues with these parts (and replaced them)

XX1 chain with shimano 11 speed road chain
    trail king continental tires
    cane creek angleset headset
    740mm bars

one thing I have learned is its not all about cutting weight. The components still have to be able to take a beating.

I broke 2 cane creek angleset headests within 3 weeks. I broke the XX1 chain twice in 4 rides (2 chains). I buckled the sidewalls of the trail king tires on multiple sets. The 740 mm bars are too narrow, I have wide shoulders, just prefer 780mm for everything

mtbr member
    Some new pics!
    Can be viewed larger here: 2012-Canfield-The-One Photo Album - Pinkbike

2012 One!!!-p4pb9949233.jpg

2012 One!!!-p4pb9952818.jpg

2012 One!!!-p4pb9952817.jpg

2012 One!!!-p4pb9952819.jpg

2012 One!!!-p4pb9952816.jpg
    6'5" 230lbs
    My Build: Vitalmtb - Bike Check

Riding dirt since 1970

Canfield One Build

Nice, Nord! Here's a couple of my build...just before I got it dirty. I'm putting my NomadC up for sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 One!!!-img_2259.jpg  

2012 One!!!-img_2261.jpg  

Med. Nomad C for sale

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Very nice bikes. What is the weight on these?

perpetual pucker factor
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    The lightest builds come in just under 30lb, but most are probably in the 32-34 range. The big DH builds with dual crowns are probably around 34-36. Mine is an X9 build with a single crown air fork and air shock, and average weight wheels. Adding a dropper post put it just under 34 if i remember correctly. Super light for such a burly and capable bike.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Riding dirt since 1970
    Mine is 35lbs. with the Minions & steel spring. Saint brakes & King hubs. When I find a Ti spring for the CCDB, it'll drop ~6-7ozs.-nearly a half pound. At 34lbs., it would be 2-3 pounds heavier than my carbon Nomad was with the same parts.
    Med. Nomad C for sale

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifer View Post
    Nice, Nord! Here's a couple of my build...just before I got it dirty. I'm putting my NomadC up for sale.
    Thank you! I like your build as well! I would like to trade out my Totem for a 66 but of course Marz isnt making it at the moment ... hopefully they bring it back.
    6'5" 230lbs

mtbr member
    Mines XL and with my Thomson set back post + fizik saddle it comes in at 34lbs even. Running a Totem SA, DBA, Hopes/Flows, Minion EXO, tubeless, 1x9 X0/X9, etc.
    6'5" 230lbs

Riding dirt since 1970
    Quote Originally Posted by jtnord View Post
    Thank you! I like your build as well! I would like to trade out my Totem for a 66 but of course Marz isnt making it at the moment ... hopefully they bring it back.
    Got a 66 for sale on Pinkbike...
    Med. Nomad C for sale

Your bike sucks
    2012 One!!!-img_2261.jpg

Oh I'm getting excited and close to build finally commencing. Frame in the stand. Boxes of parts just waiting to be assembled. More coming.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just do it!

Your bike sucks
    Getting closer. I'm a little farther along than these pics. Trying to find time to finish this build is putting a strain on my relationships

I'm particularly proud of this wheel build. Lots of small fun things and got to use my new fabricated "thousands of an inch" truing stand.

2012 One!!!-img_2269.jpg

Mavic 821 laced to Hadley 142 XD black hub. 14mm Sapim Alloy nipples blue. DT Champion 14/15 black spokes. 32H 3 cross. I put a lot of small attention to details into the build.

Here's the wheel with it's mate (for now) - an Easton 20mm Haven Carbon. Paired with Shimano ICE Tech 180mm rotors, Schwable Hans Dampf and XX1 cass:

2012 One!!!-img_2275.jpg

Finally a partial pic:

2012 One!!!-img_2279.jpg

So this is an used 2012 One w/ black links and a Vivid DH Air. Lyric RC2 DH 20mm 170mm full 1.5. I used my X0 DH cranks and swap'd the spider w/ my XX1 cranks so I could use the 166 on this bike and the 156 on my Single Speed (same arms).

So far there are a few surprises:

1. The Non-drive side BB threads could use a chase. Not horrible but if it creaks I'll be running it through.

2. A bit surprised at the rear der cable routing. Wasn't paying attention and I guess there's only one dedicated housing routing point. Two would be cleaner (as I've seen some rears have). Maybe this has been hashed through on the forums tho?

More coming as I finish it up. Cheers!

Your bike sucks
    Here's where it sits today - right in from of the Katooms. Rideable but with my test cable/hose routing and sans final adjustments.

Using the bathroom scale I'm somewhere between 31-32lbs depending on how I shift my weight - ha.

2012 One!!!-img_2286.jpg

Everything's nice except I managed to break a prong on the LEV cable set-screw end thingy. Junky system there in my opinion. Hope the sell that piece!

Of course it's finally snowing today so no pedaling...

mtbr member
    Nice rid/build. My beast is around 37-38.

The LEV can definitely be finicky, but it's my favorite dropper by far when all dialed in. I haven't had any issues with two of them since their initial set-up.

What was your reasoning with running the cables to the outside of the upper link and rear triangle?

I ran mine beneath the link along the top of the downtube, and kept them to the inside, at Vin's behest after inquiring about routing. Had considered running them to the outside below the rear upper pivot after passing through the link, being concerned about the cables/hoses getting damaged from rocks and such being pulled into that area, but it hasn't been an issue thus far.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I agree with Yama if you don't mind some input.

I have been riding my one AM/DH with 2 different forks and routed through:
    - downtube weld
    - top shock mount
    - yoke

Cables and hoses clean, out of the way and no damage, just a little expected rub.

Nice build also!!!
    I got more bikes than skills, son!

Your bike sucks
    Thanks Yama. Hopefully I'll get that LEV part soon.

To level with you on the routing - I just went intuitive by following the guides - I also looked at some pictures and have some stuff on older routing from Canfield. My routing is as follows:

Rear Der: Along top tube (mount) - over linkage - follows to inner swing arm (mount) - finally to outer swingarm (truss).

Rear Brake: Down tube (mount) - foward pivot (mount) - outside of linkage to swing arm lower (mount) - out of inner swingarm to brake caliper.

Maybe I should recheck via yours? I'll snap pics later (much easier) - I'm not set on this but it seems to make sense.

mtbr member
    I was just curious is all, as I obsessed over which way to do it, but it certainly works either way. You will be getting some line rub/wear for sure on your linkage.

Running it down the tube under/between the top link is what Vin/Sean at Canfield said they prefer. There's no rubbing whatsoever, as the link lifts away during travel, and won't go any lower than where it is at static, which has enough room for the routing.

Here are some pics of how I have mine routed. (From the 2013 One thread) I have the lines ziptied right at the welds on the second pic, but they're probably not necessary.

This is the way I had considered routing it prior to the aforementioned Brothers' advice, where it runs to the outside of that back tire plate underneath the pivots, after running through the link.

Your bike sucks
    FFF & Tama: Awesome. That's super clean looking - it's on my list. Might have to leave the der until the next cable housing replacement; need to measure. Regardless through the linkage is upcoming.

I love the gold and blue. Jealous of that.

Your bike sucks
    Here's the build btw:

Frame: 2012 Canfield The One
    Rear Shock: Rockshox Vivid Air RC2
    Fork: 2012 Rockshox Lyric 170 DH RC2 1.5 steerer
    Dropper Seat Post: KS Lev 150
    Regular DH Post: Race Face
    Front Wheel: Havoc Carbon 20mm
    Rear Wheel: Mavic EN 821, Hadley Hub - XD Driver 142/12, DT Champion/Spaim
    Brakes: Shimano XT
    Rotors: Shimano RT76 180
    Handlebar: Easton Carbon EC70
    Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller 55mm
    Seat: WTB Silverado
    Grips: Salsa Chillipeppers
    Pedals: Blackspire
    Crankset: XX1
    Bottom Bracket: GXP
    Chain: Sram 11sp
    Cassette: XX1 10-42
    Rear Der: XX1
    Shifters: XX1
    Front Tire: Schwable Hans Dampf trailstar 2.35
    Rear Tire: Schwable Hans Dampf trailstar 2.35

A few bits maybe to change:
    * cable/hose routing
    * maybe a slightly longer Thomson stem for trail riding
    * not sure if an angleset is avail for full 1.5 steers
    * smaller 1.5 HS spacer
    * replacement LEV cable end
    * change LEV routing - back to Canfield seatpost clamp
    * considering a slightly wider bar but I do like having all my bikes use the same - pending
    * full on suspension adjust (on going)

I went totally anal with a cost spreadsheet. If anyone is really interested, I can break down actual and retails costs on everything. Might help plan if someone want to approximate a similar build.

PS: I finally got a chance to ride it around the neighborhood, it pedals way better than I expected - even in the 8'' mode without any suspension adjustment whatsoever. Can't wait for the trails!

mtbr member
    The blue/gold one is from the 2011 thread.

I had shortened the loop/length on my derailleur cable/housing, in between the last zipetie routing point and the derailleur, but I've noticed that length of cable in between those two points being longer/more looped after riding. Hoping it's not tugging on the line when sinking into the travel.

There is very little rearward movement with the suspension, but for as much as it moves up and down, I don't see any way that the line is being pulled during suspension travel. (I've dropped all the air out of the shock to check on this as well.)

I'm wondering if I shouldn't have made it a little longer, but it may just be that I don't pull the zipties all that tight anywhere along the routing, so it may be the line naturally settling into where it's most 'comfortable' with the tension as it bends along the route.

mtbr member
    Here's my current set-up on a large 2013.

Rear Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air 8.75 X 2.75
    Fork: Manitou Dorado 203mm
    Dropper Seat Post: KS Lev 150
    Wheelset: Canfield Brothers AM
    Tires: Maxxis Minion DH R and DH F set-up ghetto tubeless
    Brakes: Hope Tech 3 V4
    Rotors: Hope floating 203mm
    Handlebar: Raceface Atlas Stealth, 1.25" rise, 780mm
    Stem: Raceface Atlas DM 50mm
    Seat: WTB Volt
    Grips: LizardSkins Signature Lock-ons
    Pedals: Canfield Brother Crampons
    Crankset: Raceface SixC 175mm
    Bottom Bracket: Raceface
    Chain: KMC X10SL DLC/BLACK
    Cassette: Shimano something or other
    Rear Der: Shimano Saint
    Shifter: Shimano Saint

Your bike sucks
    YA- Thanks for more insight. Checked and I have enough cable/housing to follow suit with a similar routing. Should be very clean and tight.

Love that Dorado on your bike. Would love to eventually get to a DH dress kit too - for resort days. One thing at a time tho.

Your bike sucks
    2012 One!!!-img_2310.jpg

Just a little pic of my bike in the field. Loving it. Pedals better than an 8'' bike ever should. Still working on fit and tune - getting there.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10