mtbr member

2012 Jedi: shock opinions

Hi Guys,

I am getting a 2012 Jedi so I can keep the One as an AM setup. Am debating shock choices. Wanted to ask your opinions on what shock would mate well with the Jedi suspension.

Currently I have a few shocks already that i've accumulated between my old 2008 One and current 2011 One. I believe the shock requirement is the same for the 2012 Jedi (but please correct me if I am wrong):

2011 Roco TST Air
    2011 X-Fusion Vector HLR Coil
    2012 X-Fusion Vector HLR Air

The above all feel great on the One. Not sure how they would feel on the Jedi though.

I had an Elka Stage 5 on my 2008 and loved how that felt actually. So that is a consideration as I see that seems to be a popular choice too.

So aside from these shocks, do you have any other suggestions/opinions on what could be a great match to the Jedi? From reading a few build threads, I see the Avalanche Woodie gets high praise with the older Jedi. How about the Cane Creek DB? Curious to what others are running and their experiences.

My riding style? A total DH hack. Just looking for something to save my butt as well as take full advantage of what the Jedi has to offer.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have a 2011 Jedi with the Elka and love how it rides. Seems to me that people have either the Elka or Woody.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback. Seems the Stage 5 is a solid choice. I am torn between it and the CC DB so far. I might lean towards the latter simply because i haven't tried it and it seems to get good reviews anyway.

The Avalanche is also still a consideration. I haven't tried one yet. But seems whoever has one simply loves it.

mtbr member
    Avy is really the ultimate shock. Craig know his stuff for sure.
    The CCDB is a sweet choice too, steel shaft buttery.
    Elka and Fox are always good.
    The Sleeper is the Xfusion- really open like the old 5.0 Fox feel. Which we love. And we hear they have another setup now, excited to feel it for sure.

The Jedi really isn't shock picky- Anything works great on it- Our suspension love the more simple and open feeling shocks- The love is in the suspension, so no low speed pedaling help needed. So the more simple shocks feel great too.

C

mtbr member
    Good to know more about the shock interaction with the Jedi. Thanks Chris, helps make my choice

mtbr member
    sorry for the bump guys,

what are your opinions for the Woody vs the CCDB on the 2012 Jedi?

any reason to prefer one over the other? or just close your eyes and pick?
    '12 Canfield One! - f\/ck yeah!
    '12 Canfield brothers Jedi F1 - so fast im back in time