Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clixado View Post
    Some changes:

New components:
    Brakes: Formula The One 203/180mm
    Bash: BBG
    Seat post: Rock Shox Reverb
    Wheels: ZTR Flow + Sapim Race Double Butted Spokes + Switch Evo Hubs F/R 20/12mm
    Tires: Maxxis Minion 26x2.35 Supertacky 42a + Maxxis Highroller 26x2.35 Dualply 60a + Tubeless converted
    Weight: 15,90 Kg
    hmm. always heard sapim spokes needed a fair bit of tension to be in spec and with the flows without eyelets and the recommendation from stans to run them at low tensions would have thought a wheelbuilder would have recommended a different spoke. any issues with yours? love sapim spokes but have only used them on mavic rims for this reason.

nice bike btw. how do you find the bb height at 160mm travel?

local trails rider
    Looks like a bike I could like...

... hope the Brothers get well soon ...

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

want diggle

Looking to buy a large candigle framde if anyone has one please let me know

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknical1 View Post
    Looking to buy a large candigle framde if anyone has one please let me know
    Ah too bad. I have a medium one.

mtbr member

All around setup

So far this is my favorite setup for riding everything under the sun aside from pure DH trails. 2011 Roco Air TST and 2011 66 ATA RC3 Evo Ti. Waiting on Hammerschmidt as it's tough to climb with a 1x9 (for me at least!). This weekend the X-Fusion Vector HLR and Boxxer goes back on for Northstar, It's amazing how versatile this bike is!

mtbr member
    Great photos. Want sort of camera & lens setup are you using?

mtbr member
    Thanks! Used a Canon Digital Rebel and 50mm lens.

mtbr member
    nice pics : )

mtbr member
    Beautiful bike and shots.

mtbr member
    it sucks that according to the head guy at chumba that all bikes that are built by pacific like canfied bros, banshee, niner and orbea to name a few are cheap bikes built at the same factory as walmart bikes and over priced compared to chumba bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarchumba View Post
    we chose not to use a factory that produces walmart bikes as well, the costs are a little different don't you think? as for sapa, the price is even higher, so you are comparing walmart type manufacturing with custom frame building manufacturing and there IS a difference in quality. We do answer our phones, but we also don't take pictures of our bikes on the floor of a department store factory.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarchumba View Post
    definitely, this whole thing has been totally blown out of proportion with some flamers

its possible, money talks over there, and some people might be paying more than we are to get better service. i think our quality comes from one of the top factories over there who don't make any frames that retail for less than $1,000.00 and we pay a lot for our frames,

whereas other bike companies produce their stuff at factories that also make department store bikes like diamondback (nothing against them i know ppl who owned one growing up), so the quality, in my opinion, is definitely different even though t he designs look kind of similar. for examples, this company carries a lot of different brands from low-end to high-end: http://www.pacific-cycles.com/product.asp

nothing against it, its just how it is...so yea it depends
    there's the thread it's from. this is all in a thread that details how they stole a customers personal property. a total train wreck.

"mini mE-VO"

as a banshee owner i was kind of insulted. slagging the competition is a sad way to build up your brand. i've always liked canfield bros bikes too.
    Last edited by qbert2000; 07-29-2011 at 06:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Go back to the Chumba forum dude. Just because something is built at the same place as another doesn't mean the quality is the same. I actually have a Canfield One and have ridden the snot out of it and can assure you that it is of the highest quality. Chris and Lance's customer service is excellent----pre-sale and post-sale. That thread has nothing to do with "the One" which this thread is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    it sucks that according to the head guy at chumba that all bikes that are built by pacific like canfied bros, banshee, niner and orbea to name a few are cheap bikes built at the same factory as walmart bikes and over priced compared to chumba bikes.

"mini mE-VO"

there's the thread it's from. agreat one where they stole a customers bike

mtbr member
    qbert,

It seems that you are still little delirious from your recent schooling over in the Chumba forum, it's clear your out of your comfort zone. So please keep your flames to yourself and go and lick your wounds elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    Go back to the Chumba forum dude. Just because something is built at the same place as another doesn't mean the quality is the same. I actually have a Canfield One and have ridden the snot out of it and can assure you that it is of the highest quality. Chris and Lance's customer service is excellent----pre-sale and post-sale. That thread has nothing to do with "the One" which this thread is all about.
    i disagree with the chumba guy dude. i have two banshees made at the same factory. they are quality bikes along with canfield bros and all the other bikes made atthat factory.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    qbert,

It seems that you are still little delirious from your recent schooling over in the Chumba forum, it's clear your out of your comfort zone. So please keep your flames to yourself and go and lick your wounds elsewhere.
    and what schooling was that? i realize you are a chumba fanboi but since you also own a canfield bros bike built at the same factory that d00sh is slagging. i'm surprised you would defend him. my banshees are quality bikes and built at the same factory as the canfield bikes. i have a hard time reading the crap the chumba owner writes to slag his competition. obviously you don't mind his bull5h!t

Canfield Brothers

there's the thread it's from. this is all in a thread that details how they stole a customers personal property. a total train wreck.

"mini mE-VO"

as a banshee owner i was kind of insulted. slagging the competition is a sad way to build up your brand. i've always liked canfield bros bikes too.
    Sorry Qbert but you've been mis-informed. Pacific Cycle"S" is a high end manufacturer, where as Pacific Cycle is the "walmart" maker.

Yes - http://www.pacific-cycles.com/

Not - http://www.pacific-cycle.com/brands

The Diamond Back frame that Pacific Cycles built was a $10,000 G-Box bike. Hardly walmart level. Crap, even there inhouse brand bikes sell for more than a $1000. $910 for a Carry Me kids bike is about a cheap as they go!!!

The forums have gone over this before, I know it's confusing but seriously. I don't follow whats happening over in Chumba land but If thats what Oscar is spreading, that is very unprofessional. I have been at the factory to over see every production run. Every factory has there issues but as a company owner that wants the best products, I watch every step along the way and ensure a quality product. If your not there doing QA, I can see how all sorts of problems could arise. FYI - we use alot of different manufactures, each with there own specialty.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike View Post
    Sorry Qbert but you've been mis-informed. Pacific Cycle"S" is a high end manufacturer, where as Pacific Cycle is the "walmart" maker.

Yes - http://www.pacific-cycles.com/

Not - http://www.pacific-cycle.com/brands

The Diamond Back frame that Pacific Cycles built was a $10,000 G-Box bike. Hardly walmart level. Crap, even there inhouse brand bikes sell for more than a $1000. $910 for a Carry Me kids bike is about a cheap as they go!!!

The forums have gone over this before, I know it's confusing but seriously. I don't follow whats happening over in Chumba land but If thats what Oscar is spreading, that is very unprofessional. I have been at the factory to over see every production run. Every factory has there issues but as a company owner that wants the best products, I watch every step along the way and ensure a quality product. If your not there doing QA, I can see how all sorts of problems could arise. FYI - we use alot of different manufactures, each with there own specialty.
    thats the dude from chumba spreading that. i just wanted to inform canfield bros of it. thats a quote from oscar from chumbs spreading that bs in the chumba forum while slagging other brands. my banshee bikes are built at pacific cycles. i know the difference

here's the company that builds low end bikes http://www.pacific-cycle.com/ and to make the distinction unlike oscar or allan, they also build higher end bikes like mongoose because it is possible to build across a spectrum and not just focus on low end only

and here is who builds quality bikes. http://www.pacific-cycles.com/ for companies like banshee, orbea, niner, canfield bros and diamondback

one "s" is all it takes for oscar and allan to try to hurt their competition. they know it too. but again for them it's much easier to bash the competition than put out a quality product and let it compete on its own merits. check out the forums for the other brands built at pacific. you wont see their owners stooping to oscar and allan's level or stealing items from their own customers.

it doesn't matter where chumbas are made, they still have the worst ownership in the business. no class, no integrity and low sales. they'll die off all on their own

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ok back to the ONE
    After observing the wife's ONE for a year, I'm finally going to get the answer the question none of you have been asking:
    Can a 60 year old boy find true happiness pedaling a 200mm travel bike on technical climbs?!?
    I know conventional wisdom says nope, you're gonna hate life, but truth is, the same thing was said about my 150mm bike. Spent extra moola to have a U-turn fork so it would climb...never use it and cant see where I'm going to be worried about climbs suddenly now.
    However, I have already considered properly designing a pull down lanyard for climbing to hold the fork at 175/180 mm if it just wont hunt at 200mm.

Anyway, frame ordered medium Ti/ white links White 010 Boxxer WC purchased. Probably Vivid Air for the backend. Rest will be off my Pitch, so Raceface Next Carbon cranks, Specialized CF bars, XTR derailers and shifters. Elixir CR 203/180 brakes. Crossmax SX wheels KS i950 post
    Hoping for under 35 pounds with WTB/Kenda tires run tubeless
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    May 2009
    So I drank some of Chris's koolaid and orders the Elka spring shock...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That machine most beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009

Two in the family now :D

Received my frame yesterday....tada! heres the build today
    just have to make up the new white brake hoses to finish and a longer chain
    going to call it a weight weenie victory as, not counting the 8oz of Stan's I just put in the tires, the bike weights 34lbs10oz. Thats counting some white crampons Chris is sending, as I factored in the 155g saving but I can live with35 pounds and change.
    I'll try to get some 'beauty' shots outside this weekend and post them
    The build:
    '010 Boxxer WC
    Elka Stage 5 Coil w/#300 spring
    Elixir CR 203/185 brakes
    Crossmax SX wheelset
    Raceface Next Carbon Crank/chainring/BB
    MRP XCG Gamut 30
    Canfield DM Stem and crampon pedals
    Shimano XTR shifters, R deraileur
    Shimano XT F deraileur
    SRAM X9 cassette
    SRAM 991 hollow pin chain
    Kindshock i900R post
    Serfas Furano saddle w/Ti rails
    Sunline Thick Clampon grips on Specialized Carbon S-Works bars
    WTB Prowler MX 2.50 front
    Kenda Nevegal 2.35 rear both tires run tubeless
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-100_1600a.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-100_1601a.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-100_1602a.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-100_1603a.jpg  

Last edited by crossup; 08-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice job. Just wait till you get it on the maiden voyage, it'll knock your socks off!

I had my second ride on my One and while climbing a pretty steep and loose section all I could hear myself saying was, I can't believe it's in 7" and its climbing! Climbing just like my trail bike.

I'm more than happy with this ride. I'll also get some "beauty" shots up this weekend.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thanks, my socks have already been knocked off at least 3 times by the ONE. 1st My wife's in ability to make her's pedal bob. Last night I experienced first hand the Canfield pedal lockout effect in my garage. And lastly the extreme suppleness, lack of stiction and general mega goosh factor is unbelievable, and I come from a motocross backround where upside down 12" travel forks etc are the norm. It a magnitude better than anything I've bounced on....I will probably have a serious OMG moment when I actually ride it tonight

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Got my first ride in today, and all I can say is how can the rest of the world NOT know how superior these bikes are?
    Todays ride was mainly to evaluate basic trail handling traits-
    Pretty much every aspect of the handling was a significant improvement from my mac'd out Pitch- a bike everyone loves and is considered pretty competent in the AM world.
    VERY stable(w/66 deg HA), bike went well thru deep sand, instead of plowing and squirming, when it slid, it slid evenly front and back. Really feels nice carving a turn, the suspension was obviously keeping the tires pinned to the trail and that really helped when it was root city. Was surprised that the bike seemed to have much less tendancy than most to stand up when using the front brake in a turn.

Also, most importantly for climbing, both ends of the bike refused to give me any pedal bob. I expected the back end to do that but there's no fancy linkage to keep the Boxxer from bobbing BUT it didn't...I assume the rears resistance to bob keep the bike from starting to bob in the first place.

I find the pedal force feels odd cause it feels like in addition to normal pedal forces, that I feel an anti-bob force or maybe it just that the bike doesnt move ANY when I pedal and I'm so used to getting at least a little reaction to hard pedaling that I'm interpretting that as a resisting force. Either way, its a different sensation.

On an entirely different note, I had the wife hop on my bike since the seatpost adjusts easily and it appears(we'll double check on flat ground) that my medium '011 with 200mm travel has a lower standover than her '09 ONE with only 150mm travel.
    Last edited by crossup; 08-20-2011 at 07:53 PM.

mtbr member
    About time I post my DH setup:

Inrideo est vita
    Quote Originally Posted by kameraguy View Post
    So far this is my favorite setup for riding everything under the sun aside from pure DH trails. 2011 Roco Air TST and 2011 66 ATA RC3 Evo Ti. Waiting on Hammerschmidt as it's tough to climb with a 1x9 (for me at least!). This weekend the X-Fusion Vector HLR and Boxxer goes back on for Northstar, It's amazing how versatile this bike is!

What is your BB height with the single crown fork? Weight?
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast