Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    BC - I didnt catch the comparason. I know you had a 2010 Jedi, not sure if you had the 2011 with travel options, shorter stays and all that I would like. Curious to know dirrect comparasons between the 2010 Jedi and the new One. You should have a good basis for info since you have run both bikes with various shocks. If I could validate it I would really like to shove a Woodie on the Jedi but I will probably ride it 2 months next year and I am thinking of selling it since it really does feel a little smal, I dont feel center and I am either of the bars or off the back tire.
    I've ridden the 2011 3 friends have em and they are sweet for sure i definently have time on em.

Great bikes and I'd keep one for nasty and shuttle days but even then if I'm not hammering the nastiest stuff going I'd break out the one for 90% riding.

So the comparison is direct and between the 2, you want a bike that can be the muddy Mary of bikes the one is it and the shock set up with lighter spring is the kicker for blowing through chunk and maintaining speed without hanging up.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

New to the Canfield One

Howdy,

What is the difference between the v1 and v2?
    Fork to frame hits?
    How is the quality and warranty?

I have heard really GREAT things about the brothers.

Sorry if these are noob questions, just doing some research on the bike.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    v2 is the current version of the The One. It is a completely different bike than the v1.
    v2 is a slack DH\FR\AM bike 10.5-ish pound (with coil shock) frame
    v1 is a long travel XC\AM bike 7.5i-sh lb frame

Fork to Frame hits----I believe this was an issue on the v1 that was addressed.
    It is not an issue on the v2 One.

Warranty is 2 years. Quality is excellent----the bike is a piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by sirridealot View Post
    Howdy,

What is the difference between the v1 and v2?
    Fork to frame hits?
    How is the quality and warranty?

I have heard really GREAT things about the brothers.

Sorry if these are noob questions, just doing some research on the bike.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks Disco Stu.

Confirmed what I was thinking. I'll be in touch with them. It is a beauty.

Really appreciate the info.

Best.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Agreed, One of the most amazing bikes ever made. It out preforms anything I've ever been on. Worth every penny. It is in its own category in terms of high performance throughout several categories of riding styles. In my opinion it is the direction other companies will begin to take in several years, ahead of its time. After 8 years of serious biking I never knew I could be so surprised at how much fun I could have on a bike ride after ride. Other bikes are great, but this one is unexpected. But that is just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It might just be your opinion but aint it nice that pretty much everyone who has ridden the new One feels the same way?
    I know I feel like saying, wake up world, you're all saying 'can't' and the Canfield's say CAN! and back it up.
    and not just can but can do it with the best, dont care what it is.
    Not listening to pretty much everyone who said a 200mm travel bike capable of real DH is not going to work well uphill and XC, was the best thing I've done in cycling so far.
    I think the only thing I would consider riding uphill in preference to the One would be a nice carbon fiber version!

Quote Originally Posted by daynegrant View Post
    Agreed, One of the most amazing bikes ever made. It out preforms anything I've ever been on. Worth every penny. It is in its own category in terms of high performance throughout several categories of riding styles. In my opinion it is the direction other companies will begin to take in several years, ahead of its time. After 8 years of serious biking I never knew I could be so surprised at how much fun I could have on a bike ride after ride. Other bikes are great, but this one is unexpected. But that is just my opinion.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I love it!! It CAN be done and it has been done by Canfield. I try to be modest when it comes to other bikes-there are really good ones, but there comes a point when a product carries such weight that biases CAN be set aside. There is nothing like it, love it, love biking, especially when on the ONE.

mtbr member
    Threw so crossmax sx wheels on for a fr set up.
    34.14 lbs with avalanche and ti spring, have deemax with dh casings for dh days.

Last edited by bullcrew; 12-14-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My new race bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-pinned-berm.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-canfield-one.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    <object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/232794/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/232794/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object><p><a href="http://www.pinkbike.com/video/232794/">Kyle Warner Ripping Local Trails In Chico</a> on <a href="http://www.pinkbike.com">pinkbike.com</a></p>

Little video of the "one" in action!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Sweet

mtbr member
    man that's fast! good job.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Title says 2011 but what's the difference between the '11 and the '12? Sorry if this was covered somewhere else.

mtbr member
    2012 has some small changes nothing major. Bike is damn near flawless as version 2. Love mi e fully capable and definently a dh'rs trail bike for free ride and overall getting it done.
    What a beast this one has turned out to be. Been hittimg drops, step downs, doubles, raced it dh did a few nasty trails and runs recently and pedalled it to the top of others with no issues.
    My Sponsor House

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew View Post
    2012 has some small changes nothing major. Bike is damn near flawless as version 2. Love mi e fully capable and definently a dh'rs trail bike for free ride and overall getting it done.
    What a beast this one has turned out to be. Been hittimg drops, step downs, doubles, raced it dh did a few nasty trails and runs recently and pedalled it to the top of others with no issues.
    Hey Mr. crew,

Would you know anything about the latest changes to their pedals? Things like pictures, weights, release dates, etc.?

Thanks, in advance, for whatever it's OK for you to share!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Are the changes to the 2012 version worth the extra $250?

mtbr member
    Don't know on pedals I'm keeping mine I have 2 sets and completely happy.
    They make changes as they see improvement so I'm sure the pedals coming down the line will be dialed.
    As far as the new one are you more of a downhiller or am rider? A dh rider with one bike will prefer 2011 a all mountain rider may prefer the 2012 I love my 2011 and its slackness.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew View Post
    Don't know on pedals I'm keeping mine I have 2 sets and completely happy.
    They make changes as they see improvement so I'm sure the pedals coming down the line will be dialed.
    As far as the new one are you more of a downhiller or am rider? A dh rider with one bike will prefer 2011 a all mountain rider may prefer the 2012 I love my 2011 and its slackness.
    So what are the changes to the 2012 One?

mtbr member
    + 1 on the new One info, bring it on.

And along with the release of the new One maybe the 9t micro drive hub will make it's debut...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The One webpage says has been tweaked:
    Redesigned to be the “ONE” bike for the Aggressive rider. 6.5″ front and rear for the All Mountain rider. 7″ front and rear for the perfect do all Freeride. 8″ front and rear setting for the best pedaling and cornering Light Downhill race machine on the market.

I can't remember if this is how it read this year or if thats referring to the '012....
    seems to me the '011 AM setup was impractical because the BB ends up so low, hopefully they've figured a way to maintain BB while allowing 6.5" travel. Even better, would be having that done with a new link set, which would also fit the V2

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crossup View Post
    Redesigned to be the “ONE” bike for the Aggressive rider. 6.5″ front and rear for the All Mountain rider. 7″ front and rear for the perfect do all Freeride. 8″ front and rear setting for the best pedaling and cornering Light Downhill race machine on the market.

I can't remember if this is how it read this year or if thats referring to the '012....
    seems to me the '011 AM setup was impractical because the BB ends up so low, hopefully they've figured a way to maintain BB while allowing 6.5" travel. Even better, would be having that done with a new link set, which would also fit the V2

6.5 travel is with a 2.5" stroke shock. That is the same verbiage as the '11 One.
    The Geo pics up on the website are the same as well.

mtbr member

I like the way you think, a link set would add an extra arrow to the quiver.

And I'm pretty sure the website info is still the same, with no changes. I'm really interested to hear about the difference's for the new One though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The 2012 "The ONE" will have a couple of changes from the 2011 model. Overall, Canfield Bros. are very happy with this bike. I think everyone would agree the suspension design is top notch excels at not only ups but downs.

This technology will not change as its damn near perfect. What will change is the following:

-New head tube gussets. ( for strength and added stiffness)

-New rear triangle. (with out adding much weight, a stiffer on all axis' rear triangle, it will help with the big guys and the DH guys)

-BB will slightly raise ( to aid pedal clearance of course, more FR friendly with out giving up DH performance)

-Headtube will steepen slighty ( still 100% customizable with an angleset. 1.5'' continued)

- Rear wheel spacing will now be 142mm or 135mm with dropout spacer

Geo charts will be up for viewing soon !

The 2012 is going to be every bit as great as the 2011 !
    Last edited by gollub01; 12-29-2011 at 01:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gollub01 View Post
    The 2012 "The ONE" will have a couple of changes from the 2011 model. Overall, Canfield Bros. are very happy with this bike. I think everyone would agree the suspension design is top notch excels at not only ups but downs.

This technology will not change as its damn near perfect. What will change is the following:

-New head tube gussets. ( for strength and added stiffness)

-New rear triangle. (with out adding much weight, a stiffer on all axis' rear triangle, it will help with the big guys and the DH guys)

-BB will slightly raise ( to aid pedal clearance of course, more FR friendly with out giving up DH performance)

-Headtube will steepen slighty ( still 100% customizable with an angleset. 1.5'' continued)

The 2012 is going to be every bit as great as the 2011 !

Thanks for that info!

Do you think the new rear triangle will be adaptable to the 2011 frame?

mtbr member
    Some nice little upgrades. The fork is killer! I maybe wrong, but reckon the ti spring has tweaked the performance of the Elka. I went Stan's tubeless with the Trail Kings, which made an immediate noticeable improvement in the efficiency department, still playing with the pressure and getting used to tubeless. Though on the way down, as a big rider I think I missing the Minions. Time will tell.

Other changes still to come and in the mail.

- SLX 10speed drive train
    - New cranks
    - New bars
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros &quot;THE ONE&quot; info-img_0051.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros &quot;THE ONE&quot; info-img_0053.jpg  

Last edited by bigcrs; 12-30-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: more info

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Shock?

Does the 2012 frame come with a shock?
    If so what choices?

Thanks

mtbr member

"One" Taken care of

Had a small crack in my 2010 One under top tube at head tube weld. Chris and the guys at Canfield have been great in taking care of the issue. Getting a new 2012 frame soon and can't wait. Thanks to everyone at Canfield Brothers for taking care of my problem.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Barrett Jr View Post
    Had a small crack in my 2010 One under top tube at head tube weld. Chris and the guys at Canfield have been great in taking care of the issue. Getting a new 2012 frame soon and can't wait. Thanks to everyone at Canfield Brothers for taking care of my problem.
    great to hear that they took good care of you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirridealot View Post
    Does the 2012 frame come with a shock?
    If so what choices?

Thanks

Yes, they do.

As far as shock choices, it seems almost anything is possible. When I specc'd my bike, they were extremely helpful in suggesting the best shock for my riding style, as well as confirming what else is available. I suggest you contact Canfield with your preference and see what they say

mtbr member

2011 One + Hammerschmidt

Hi,

Just a quick update with my build.

Been running a Hammerschmidt and absolutely love this setup. I think I am going to sell my Ibis Mojo CF since I hardly use it anymore since this setup. It's not light, but then again i'm no racer, i just like to have fun. Love this bike!!

mtbr member
    I've been meaning to ask, how's it ride with the Marz air?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kameraguy View Post
    I think I am going to sell my Ibis Mojo CF since I hardly use it anymore since this setup.
    Haha i know what you mean, I sold my Nomad as soon as i got my ONE and have been very happy having this and my Yelli Screamy but find myself riding the ONE more than the ht 29er so am even debating putting the Yelli up for sale then having only THE ONE

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    I've been meaning to ask, how's it ride with the Marz air?
    I like it. Easy to tune it, I don't have a direct comparison to the DHX-Air on the ONE, but I do have DHX-Air 5.0s on my other bikes, and I think the Marzocchi is more plush in general. Same is true with the 66 ATA, so far the 2011 has been holding up well (unlike my 2009 55 ATA TST2 which has been repaired three times).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kameraguy View Post
    I like it. Easy to tune it, I don't have a direct comparison to the DHX-Air on the ONE, but I do have DHX-Air 5.0s on my other bikes, and I think the Marzocchi is more plush in general. Same is true with the 66 ATA, so far the 2011 has been holding up well (unlike my 2009 55 ATA TST2 which has been repaired three times).
    Have you ridden your One with a coil? If so, how would you compere the two.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Have you ridden your One with a coil? If so, how would you compere the two.
    Yes, I actually bought the 2011 One with an X-Fusion Vector HLR. I haven't quite got the correct spring rate down yet, actually I'm going to pick up another spring tonight to try and get things dialed for the weekend.

I used the X-Fusion with a 400lb Ti spring and it was too soft for my ride weight of 190lbs with gear...I was a little over 50% sag with no preload. I am going to try to get sag to about 30% hopefully with a stiffer spring.

I can say that the x-fusion felt really great though. I do prefer a coil on this frame than air for the most part...i'm happy to give back some extra weight for the coil plushness. A coil on this frame is so plush and smooth in bump absorption. I still need to get better adjusting the Vector though. On my older gen One, I had an Elka Stage 5, and that was an amazing shock...it felt excellent with minimal adjustment.

The Marzocchi is also good, especially for an air shock IMHO, but it's really just filling in for now. As you can expect, the air shock is a little less plush (but in this case it's only just a little, as it feels really good considering it's air). And it's lighter than the x-fusion with a steel spring. But, with a Ti spring, the x-fusion doesn't feel that much heavier actually. I'll need to weigh them...

To be honest, I have no issue running the frame with either shock, as the undersprung X-Fusion still pedaled really well with little wallow...amazing. I tend to ride the frame in 7" mode for everything with both shocks.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    isnt't that a small frame in your pic above, kameraguy?
    pretty amazing how well they pedal regardless of how plush it is, if you ask me.

mtbr member
    isnt't that a small frame in your pic above, kameraguy?
    pretty amazing how well they pedal regardless of how plush it is, if you ask me.
    Yup, it is a small.

Agreed on how well it pedals!

BTW - got my new ti spring for the x-fusion, 550lbs. It seemed higher than I would have expected, but I am now getting about 30-35% sag. Will try and rid ethis weekend to see how it feels.

Special Kudos to x-fusion. They really go above and beyond in terms of customer service. Helped me dial in my shock and it feels so much better!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I got the x-fusion on my ONE as well after talking with Chris it seemed to be the best fit for my riding style. I weight 210lbs without gear and like the way the 450lb spring feels it came with (especially in 7" mode which tightens it up a bit) but might try the 500lb Chris sent me.

And not really a fair comparison but i liked the dhx 5.0 air i always ran on my Nomad but think i will be sticking with the coil from now on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Sizing Help

Hey guys, first time poster long time surfer. I'm 5'11" and feel stuck between sizes sometimes,on mediums and larges. I will definitely have two different builds for this bike on the All Mountain and Downhill days. Thanks for the help you guys have some awesome builds.

mtbr member
    Go for a Medium

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I agree with V.P. I am 5'10" and ride a medium 2011 ONE, it fit's perfect and feel i am no way near needing a large.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    hmm I'm 5'8"+ on a medium, was just wondering if I could have handled a large..that based somewhat on how totally small my wifes 1st gen One is..its so small I screw up one way or another trying to ride it yet I came off a small Spec'y Pitch which was just right.
    I guess the jump in sizes with Canfield is significant therefore a large IS large
    beyond happy with our Canfield's

btw, even with 203mm travel the standover on a medium is quite low so its friendly to those with short inseams- at 30" I'm using a 5" adj. seat post which is up an inch or two on top of that in the seat tube. Total guess, but perhaps at 32" inseam one might look at a large frame...my setup puts my seat dead even with the bars...
    Last edited by crossup; 01-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the help guys. I have some time to think about it,since the 2012's wont be out for a while. I know for sure I will be getting my little dude a small with an ultra light DH build.

Look at the time!
    I'm 6' on a medium with a 50mm stem. It is spot on, I wouldn't want it any longer or shorter. I use mine mainly for DH but will happily pedal up hill as well (if there is no shuttle). Fit is a matter of personal taste, to a certain degree, but at your height, unless you plan to use it as a time trial or XC racebike - get the medium frame.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9" and a medium is just right. The standover isn't that high on these frames at any size really. I think 28 inches on a large. My medium 2010 One didn't feel cramped at all in the cockpit. (Why is that word funny?) I ride mostly xc/ all mountain trails and loved the feel of the medium.

mtbr member
    Wow. Great looking bike. My new frame will be black and white, ebony and ivory as well. I will have the white, fox 180 float on it. Sweet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Odd. For the original One I had a large and it fit me perfectly at 5'11". So I got a large as well for the new revision of the One. Stem is 80mm.

Canfield Brothers
    I'm 6 foot even and I can ride both but if your building it as a AM/do everything bike, I'd say go with a large. It will give you more room for your knees and let you run a shorter stem. For mostly dh/fr a medium could work for a 5'11" rider. Shorter wheelbase, more flickable in the air. But I think it's too cramped in the cockpit for do it all riding.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member

One in and being constructed

Got my new frame in. Thanks again to the guys at Canfield Bros. So far I got a Fox Float OB 180, Easton Havoc 80mm, 10*rise, the Fox RP23 from the old One, Azonic bars, Elixir rear, Code front, Outlaws, black ghetto tubeless.