Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Just wondering if Sram's short cage 10 speed rd will work in harmony with the One, anyone know?

I'm thinking of running it with a 28t or 32t front ring.

Canfield Brothers
    Sure, I have a short on mine.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member

This is what happens when you own a One

It really works! Rain or shine you too can have a big smile like this one. Just purchase a Canfield Brother's One using their top notch customer service and BAM, a smile that will last for years. Thanks Brothas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-imgp1888s.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Barrett Jr View Post
    It really works! Rain or shine you too can have a big smile like this one. Just purchase a Canfield Brother's One using their top notch customer service and BAM, a smile that will last for years. Thanks Brothas.
    That's awesome!!!

Go for the throat
    Just got a 2011 One frame but haven't built it up yet (still waiting on parts). I'm wondering how many people ride in 7'' mode. I have a 2.75'' stroke shock so I can run either 7 or 8 but I really don't think I'd need 8'' of travel. I have and external cup headset and a 160 mm fork. For those with similar setups can you summarize the characteristics in each travel setting in terms of geometry (HA and BB height) and handling? Thanks.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by gollub01 View Post
    The 2012 "The ONE" will have a couple of changes from the 2011 model. Overall, Canfield Bros. are very happy with this bike. I think everyone would agree the suspension design is top notch excels at not only ups but downs.

This technology will not change as its damn near perfect. What will change is the following:

-New head tube gussets. ( for strength and added stiffness)

-New rear triangle. (with out adding much weight, a stiffer on all axis' rear triangle, it will help with the big guys and the DH guys)

-BB will slightly raise ( to aid pedal clearance of course, more FR friendly with out giving up DH performance)

-Headtube will steepen slighty ( still 100% customizable with an angleset. 1.5'' continued)

- Rear wheel spacing will now be 142mm or 135mm with dropout spacer

Geo charts will be up for viewing soon !

The 2012 is going to be every bit as great as the 2011 !
    Any luck on getting that Geo charts up? Quite excited to for the updates!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Anybody at Canfeild HQ---- Will the new rear end fit the 2011 model... Could use a stiffer rear end.

Hate to have to get a 2012 model if I don't need to..

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan View Post
    Anybody at Canfeild HQ---- Will the new rear end fit the 2011 model... Could use a stiffer rear end.

Hate to have to get a 2012 model if I don't need to..

Thanks
    What are you talking about, the One's read end is stiff, no play that so ever! It rails like a mudda F&%#$@r!

Just get a 8mm allen key and wrench on the linkage points, your probably got a loose point.

Canfield Brothers

2012 One Geometry

Just returned from a race in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Rode a 2011 One and took 5th overall. Stoked on the ride and really looking forward to building these for 2012. Starting welding in about a week.

Cheers!
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    NICE! the most obvious changes I see is that the 2012 has;

-30.9 post
    -142x12 thru axle
    -the bike is a bit shorter
    -a bit taller BB
    -a bit more steep
    -rear triangle seems to have gotten a bit more welding
    -upper front triangle seems to have gotten a bit more welding as well

Btw the 2012 XL, is listed as a 2011.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I am wondering if anybody has encountered the following issue. I tried installing a brand new XT direct mount front derailleur. To be able to tighten the screw I had to loosen the shock to raise the link a little bit. When I tried to re-install the shock I realized I could not. The link was hitting the derailleur screw. Has this happened to others? I guess the most likely solution is to shave the head of the screw by something like 2mm.

Looking at the 2012 drawings I wish I had a 2012 one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by V.P. View Post
    NICE! the most obvious changes I see is that the 2012 has;

-30.9 post
    -142x12 thru axle
    -the bike is a bit shorter
    -a bit taller BB
    -a bit more steep
    -rear triangle seems to have gotten a bit more welding
    -upper front triangle seems to have gotten a bit more welding as well

Btw the 2012 XL, is listed as a 2011.
    I think someone needs to start a 2012 Canfields Bros The One info.

I really like the changes. The numbers are spot on. That frame will be killer with a 160mm fork.

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sylvain View Post
    I am wondering if anybody has encountered the following issue. I tried installing a brand new XT direct mount front derailleur. To be able to tighten the screw I had to loosen the shock to raise the link a little bit. When I tried to re-install the shock I realized I could not. The link was hitting the derailleur screw. Has this happened to others? I guess the most likely solution is to shave the head of the screw by something like 2mm.

Looking at the 2012 drawings I wish I had a 2012 one.
    I initially had the same Issue. But I just used a shorter chain guide bolt with the flater head and it mounted up just fine and with out any hangups.
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    I initially had the same Issue. But I just used a shorter chain guide bolt with the flater head and it mounted up just fine and with out any hangups.
    I was trying to swap my 1 x to a double and had the same issue here, then I ground the bolt head down a little to get it to clear the upper link, but...

Even with the FD all the way down the cage was still a long way from the right height from the teeth, >1cm, ended up putting 1x set-up back on for the trip. Side note, granny gears are nice when riding Moab on a 35lb bike.

Set up is an SLX double, 36t ring and the same FD m-661 direct mount everyone else is using on '11 medium One.

If someone has cranks off could measure the distance from the top of the BB shell to the bottom of the FD mount block I'd appreciate it. Any other advice?

DRS
    "Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck."
    Joss Whedon

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    I had to buy a M6 screw with a thinner head. Now it clears easily.

However I now have a full bag of those screws as they were not sold individually at Fastenal.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Diggle or one for sale

I am looking for a large one or dingle for d.sale

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Diggle

Looking for a large Diggle for sale please rep if have one

******ed or Branded??
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknical1 View Post
    Looking for a large Diggle for sale please rep if have one
    Last edited by doodooboi; 04-08-2012 at 06:10 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Makes me want to cry with joy after a zillion posts trying to get people to understand NO BOB is an understatement. Seems like for a year I was the only one willing to say unequivoqually the ONE is one of the best pedaling bikes, regardless of type. A hardtail with 8" rear travel

My 2011 Canfield "The One" ... Finally got all the parts in yesterday. Finished dialing in and got a quick ride in. The bike rides like a Caddy but has absolutely no pedal bob.

Frame 2011 Canfield The ONE
    Fork X-Fusion Vengance 160mm
    Wheels Crank Brothers Iodine 2
    Handlebars Crank Brothers Iodine 11 Carbon
    Stem Crank Brothers Iodine 2 65mm
    Headset Cane Creek Angle Set
    Cranks Sram X9 2x10
    Brakes 2012 Shimano XT
    Rotors Avid XX World Cup 180mm
    Shifters X9 2x10
    Front Der. XT Shimano 2x10
    Chain Sram
    Rear Der. Sram X9 2x10
    Tires Bontrager XR4 Team Issues Tubeless
    Cables Jagwire
    Cassette Sram 1090 12-36 10speed
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hallo,

can you please tell me how tall you are and what size your The One is. I am also looking for The One. I am 6.6 and I want to built a DH/FR (Totem, Vivid Air) bike.

Regards,

Andi

mtbr member
    I am about 6'2" with a 32"inseam. The bike is a size large and fits like a glove. I love the standover clearance it has. Best choice of bike i have bought to date.....which have been numerous......lol

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm guessing you want info from RSullivan, who posted the bike above. I just replied to him...
    I'm 5'9 on a medium but Boxxer WC and Elka Stage5 coil, which I recommend over any airshock and single crown, but thats just me, I can't see where less is more in this case so I go with more!
    I'm also a light weight AND old so if I thought there was a penality for an 8" setup I'd be the first to say so, but for my money there just no reason, even for casual trail use not to go dual crown and coil shock on this bike.

mtbr member
    Like X up, I'm 5 9 as well. I'm running a Cane Creek DB coil. Coil rules.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Any factory pics of the 2012 The Ones? Are they going to be like the 2011...logo colors matching link colors?
    Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just go their website and preorder one..you'll see the color options
    then click on buy of course

mtbr member
    Anyone running a 8.5 x 2.5 / 216 x 63 shock?

Just curious to know how much lower the BB will drop...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Anyone running a 8.5 x 2.5 / 216 x 63 shock?

Just curious to know how much lower the BB will drop...
    It drops about .5"

mtbr member
    DH setup, shot this weekend. The ONE is such a fun bike to ride in a bikepark 34.96 lbs btw.

mtbr member
    Looking good VP. You ever hang any large mouth on that scale?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Barrett Jr View Post
    You ever hang any large mouth on that scale?
    Not really, I did when I was younger tho'

mtbr member
    I look goofy, while bike looks slack.

mtbr member
    I look goofy, while bike looks slack.

That looks sick!!! Love the new SX wheels! Congrats!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I love it too!
    Especially since it validates my choice of SX wheels...if a big moose like you can get away with it, my scrawny, old butt will never be able to hurt them
    As to raked out...it looks like you're running a zero stack setup...that drops at least 0.5deg, so on paper with matching suspensions, you would be at 64.5deg
    Mine gets year round trail use with maybe a week of bike park time
    but my point is I'm riding at 66 deg with a BoXXer and its so nice downhill, I doubt I'll steepen it up for DH use.
    Last edited by crossup; 05-14-2012 at 09:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Yup, I run zero stack, I don't know how slack it actually is, but 64'ish sounds right. And. I. Love.It.

mtbr member
    Cool pic VP. I thought you would be like 6'3". Just the way you posted stuff is why. Nice rig man.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim barrett jr View Post
    cool pic vp. I thought you would be like 6'3". Just the way you posted stuff is why. Nice rig man.
    : D

mtbr member
    Finally got a good timeframe of riding my "ONE"..... from a couple of months on our local single track to a weeks worth of riding in MOAB.. It is one of the smoothest and most pedal friendly FS bikes I have ridden to date. I even borrowed a couple of rentals while in Moab..(Pivot,Ibis and a Nomad) love the "ONE" much better. Took all the hits and kept begging fr more. Made a few changes though... big one was wheels. Went from Crank Bros Iodine 2 to my trusty Stans Flow with WTB Super Duty hubs. This change was only made due to the engagement tolerance (less points of contact) in the rear hub. Since the One has a low BB, needed a little quicker engagement for those occasions over rocks and logs.
    Here is a current shot of the bike after all the love it has been given lately...

The Canfield Bros did it right when they built this frame.... now to make the needed changes for my weekend of downhill riding coming up...

Thanks Chris and Lance and everybody at Canfield

mtbr member
    Finally got a good timeframe of riding my "ONE"..... from a couple of months on our local single track to a weeks worth of riding in MOAB.. It is one of the smoothest and most pedal friendly FS bikes I have ridden to date. I even borrowed a couple of rentals while in Moab..(Pivot,Ibis and a Nomad) love the "ONE" much better. Took all the hits and kept begging fr more. Made a few changes though... big one was wheels. Went from Crank Bros Iodine 2 to my trusty Stans Flow with WTB Super Duty hubs. This change was only made due to the engagement tolerance (less points of contact) in the rear hub. Since the One has a low BB, needed a little quicker engagement for those occasions over rocks and logs.
    Here is a current shot of the bike after all the love it has been given lately...

The Canfield Bros did it right when they built this frame.... now to make the needed changes for my weekend of downhill riding coming up...

That's plenty of love since your last build. How's the Vivid work with the Marz?

mtbr member
    Feels very balanced. I run the fork a little on the firm side for local trail riding

Stand back

Looks good! What's it weigh?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    33.13# as it sits. Could definitely get it much lower by going to xo or xx parts and lighter wheels but i wanted reliability for the moment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    @rsullivan

I noticed you went from the vengeance to the 66. Was there anything you didn't like about the vengeance? I am considering it for my next fork.

mtbr member
    No nothing wrong with the vengeance. Just put it on a different bike cuz i am starting to get the one ready for a little dh fun. Wanted a coil fork for that and had the 66 laying around. The vengeance might go back on later for more xc use.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I am 5' 7" what size frame would be best, small or medium? I know this has been ask just wanted to get more feel thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    5 8 and a half...on a medium. Great fit, came from a small Pitch which also fit perfectly.
    Also running a offset seatpost and Canfield stem so I'd guess a medium with straight post would be about right for 5 7" especially with a short stem.

mtbr member

Canfield

Finally finished my Enduro/DH build. Took it out for a quick spin and it's an amazing trail machine... almost easier to pedal than my 27 lb Ibis and WAY more fun on the DH. Dropped a few small 4 foot drops and it was as smooth as my DH rig. Currently running an angleset at +1 (65 degrees or so?) but I think I may drop it down to 0 degrees for my first resort day this Friday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Wow that is sweet, how much does she weigh? I am working on building one up now.

mtbr member
    Wow. That thing looks bad ass..

mtbr member
    Thanks!

Weighed in at 34.3 lb w/ heavy-a$$ Azonic Outlaw wheels and DH Tubes + the reverb seat post. I'm guessing a lighter tubeless wheelset, and DHX Air or Vivid Air would drop her to 32 and change.

mtbr member
    Question for those running a travel adjust fork. Do you find when dropping the fork it effects performance when climbing?

I remember that on my old Chumba that when I dropped the travel on the Talas it would actually make climbing harder. I believe a lot of bikes had this same outcome, I also remember reading an MBA article on the same subject a few years back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Question for those running a travel adjust fork. Do you find when dropping the fork it effects performance when climbing?

I remember that on my old Chumba that when I dropped the travel on the Talas it would actually make climbing harder. I believe a lot of bikes had this same outcome, I also remember reading an MBA article on the same subject a few years back.
    Personally I will run my Talas at 100mm (!) when climbing long fireroads and know there is no technical features. For smooth singletracks climbs I will use the fork at 130mm. Otherwise running at 160mm is fine for technical climbing.

I do agree that, for technical climbs with lots of rocks and roots, dropping the fork feels like it hampers climbing performances. However I feel that I can go through a lot at 130mm without much negative impacts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have my 2011 One frame for sale if anyone is looking to get on the fastest bike on earth!

2011 Canfield ONE Frame - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Updated.....My 2011 ONE... Besides color change went with a new set of wheels.. Stans Flow 650B with HOPE hubs and DT double butt spokes. Using Panceti Neo-Moto 2.1 tires. Felt a little weird at first but then lowered the stem 1/2" and all feels right now. Free height of BB is right around 13.5" with 180mm using the angleset headset with 1.5deg steeper on top and 0deg on bottom. Going to hit a little DH/XC action this weekend . Will see how they handle ...

mtbr member
    Updated.....My 2011 ONE... Besides color change went with a new set of wheels.. Stans Flow 650B with HOPE hubs and DT double butt spokes. Using Panceti Neo-Moto 2.1 tires. Felt a little weird at first but then lowered the stem 1/2" and all feels right now. Free height of BB is right around 13.5" with 180mm using the angleset headset with 1.5deg steeper on top and 0deg on bottom. Going to hit a little DH/XC action this weekend . Will see how they handle ...

Holy smokes, good job!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Taking the One to Whistler. Added a Fox 40, azonic wheels and went 1x9.

mtbr member
    Some fun on the ONE:

blog entry16 - YouTube

Can someone tell me how to embed a video?

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Some fun on the ONE:

blog entry16 - YouTube

Can someone tell me how to embed a video?
    Great trails...wow. They look really fresh, your own private spot?

- Rob

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mwiWOM3LM8k?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Right click on the video and click "Copy Embed HTML". Simply copy paste in the text box and thats it!

mtbr member
    @RTM

Thanks. The trails are not really used by that many people, so they look fresh yeah.

@mrniceguy

Thanks man!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just finished 8 days of trail riding in Vermont on the Kingdom Trails and that erased any lingering doubts about using an 8" travel bike as a trail bike. It absolutely rocks climbs of all types and I cleared many uphill ledges that I would have had trouble pushing my Specy Pitch up.
    Only bummer was that no one seemed to notice the 'idiot' riding a full spec DH bike uphill, even when I passed people uphill so I didn't get to brag much on how great the bike is

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crossup View Post
    Just finished 8 days of trail riding in Vermont on the Kingdom Trails and that erased any lingering doubts about using an 8" travel bike as a trail bike. It absolutely rocks climbs of all types and I cleared many uphill ledges that I would have had trouble pushing my Specy Pitch up.
    Only bummer was that no one seemed to notice the 'idiot' riding a full spec DH bike uphill, even when I passed people uphill so I didn't get to brag much on how great the bike is
    Crossup - Glad you made it out there... the trails are SO good!!! I want to set up a demo out there next summer for sure!!!

mtbr member
    Some more ONE riding

DO activate the HD setting : )

<iframe width="460" height="259" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dDHIOpOtZeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Some more ONE riding

DO activate the HD setting : )

<iframe width="460" height="259" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dDHIOpOtZeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Dude, nice, cool shot 52 seconds in. Tweaked out.

mtbr member
    Thanks man : )

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmoworks View Post
    Just an FYI on those wanting to raise your BB a tad for AM use... I just recently acquired a 9X2.75 DHX Air shock for AM riding, and am using it in the upper hole (7" travel position). Raised the BB about 3/8". Shock is too long, however, to fit into the lower (8" travel) hole. Apparently this is a standard shock size for the Specialized SX trail.

Attachment 651399
    How did that setup work? Any problems? Anyone from Canfield have any comments to using a 9" eye to eye?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruise Lee View Post
    How did that setup work? Any problems? Anyone from Canfield have any comments to using a 9" eye to eye?
    Worked great, never had any problems with it when I was on it. However, if I was still on the DHX, I'd probably send it out to avalanche for the damping upgrade, as I would have preferred better damping control.

mtbr member
    Rode at the resort last weekend with a big group and started playing swap-a-bike. Consensus was that my '11 One was definitely the most fun. Granted I had the most $ into the build, but damn I love that bike.

Only thing is I can't manual the One at all. Got on a 40lb+ Intense M9 fro and almost looped out every time I pulled back on the bars. I thought it was just my general sucking at manualing, but starting to think that it is as much the bikes I've been riding (One, and DW link bikes previously) or my set up.

Is it me, or is this suspension just harder to manual?
    Joss Whedon

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by drsmonkey View Post
    ......Only thing is I can't manual the One at all. Got on a 40lb+ Intense M9 fro and almost looped out every time I pulled back on the bars. I thought it was just my general sucking at manualing, but starting to think that it is as much the bikes I've been riding (One, and DW link bikes previously) or my set up.

Hi drsmonkey,

Thanks for sharing this information as I'm very interested in this frame. I'm guessing those that are knowledgeable about the bike will say it's a combination of the Head Tube angle plus the Chain Stay length that causes your experience. However, I'm posting just so I learn what those experienced with the frame will say.

I'm on a 2005 Santa Cruz VP Free that manuals easily. I'm guessing that's because it has a steeper Head Tube angle and shorter Chain Stays than your bike. Since I mostly ride to find things to jump on to, over or off of the ability to easily manual is important to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Michael
    Last edited by michaelsnead; 09-12-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I think its a whole host of factors...long and low, raked out and in my case, squishy suspension. That said, it doesnt seem terribly hard to manual even though I dont do well at it, I DO loft the front end all the time as in mini-manual. Now that I have a lot of time riding on it, I find I'm more aggressive with my manual inputs and often the front wheel never touches the log etc I'm going over. I've always thought my inability to EASILY manual was a result of being light(150) and not committing.

I took a lesson several years ago at Snowshoe and remember thinking I'll never be able to do a big *** manual but a little coaching and I was having to grab a handful of brake to keep from going over backwards. Since then I've not practiced seriously as I rarely find myself wishing I could do a big manual to do some obstacle or feature, but I bet practice is all it would take.
    I can say without reservation that I love the way the front end sticks on climbs and cornering and would NOT like a bike that was manual happy as that has to reduce the "planted" feel.
    On a MX bike, one can move around a mile to weight either end as needed, but on a bicycle, you are pretty much limited while seated to leaning forward and pushing to help weight the front end...thats not enough, in my book to make a light front end bike corner or climb well.

7MGTE

Maybe it's U?

Rode at the resort last weekend with a big group and started playing swap-a-bike. Consensus was that my '11 One was definitely the most fun. Granted I had the most $ into the build, but damn I love that bike.
    Agreed! The bike is sick!

Only thing is I can't manual the One at all.
    Watch this, it may help, or change your mind...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/42019837" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/42019837">Kyle Warner</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1555033">brian raphael</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

mtbr member
    May 2009
    My question is how tall and heavy is Kyle? Thats one manualling mofo

Roll on Spring Time!
    I struggled to manual my Jedi when I first got it. I was on a Wildcard and Delirium, still am, and both have shorter CS. I found that I was way too low on the LSC compresion settings and with the rearward travel it was super hard to manual. Once I had my suspension dialed and I spent time getting to know the bike I had no issue. I pratice manualing and bunny hopping alot and I dont believe its enough to expect to get the front wheel up if you only try it on the trail in the time of need. Manuals are an awesome technique for the trail and if anything it will give you confidence when the front wheel does come up for whatever reason. I expect the One will be the same here and good suspension setup together with repeated manual time off the trails will help. It may require more input which may require a little confidence you will not flip but you will get the hang of it. I can manual my Jedi no probs now. Remember to push down on the pedals when you go into the manual and not just yank on the bars. If anything it will throw your balance when the front comes up. Practice Practice Practice.
    I just want to ride.

Roll on Spring Time!
    oh and that manual was killer
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    rsullivan, where's that 650b ride report?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Agreed! The bike is sick!

Watch this, it may help, or change your mind...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/42019837" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/42019837">Kyle Warner</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1555033">brian raphael</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    sweet rippin'

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    rsullivan, where's that 650b ride report?
    So far enjoying the bike set up with the 650b wheels. Handles awesome on the local XC trails. The 3/4" rise of the BB helps with pedal strikes but doesn't raise it too much to screw up the handling on the downhills. The 650b wheel hype is no joke... the roll over and momentum of the wheels is awesome. Rode a weekend on some lift assist in upper michigan, bike held its own but could have used wider tires. Had 2.1 neo-motos but needed 2.3. Thinking to put the bike back to 26" wheels though and make it more of a dedicated downhill/freeride bike. Hopefully Canfield comes out with a 650b frame next year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Tried to PM you to thank you for the reply but I don't have enough postings! I'm probably going with the 8.75 and an angleset.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruise Lee View Post
    Tried to PM you to thank you for the reply but I don't have enough postings! I'm probably going with the 8.75 and an angleset.
    Haha... that explains it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Closer to the Edge Video - Pinkbike
    Vid with some One action and climbing comparisons

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    2011 Canfield The One (reduced price) - Pinkbike
    Selling my one if anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by daynegrant View Post
    2011 Canfield The One (reduced price) - Pinkbike
    Selling my one if anyone is interested.
    I could be wrong, but I couldn't find a frame size on your PB ad.
    Joss Whedon

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Sorry I updated it-Medium

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    Crappy nightime shot.....riding tomorrow

First time I ever considered getting Black w/Black Rocker, is right now, having seen this photo. DAYUMN.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Looking for a headset?

Just found Bike Stop has the VP Varial to fit this bike for $149.85....time to ditch my CC Angleset.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crossup View Post
    Just found Bike Stop has the VP Varial to fit this bike for $149.85....time to ditch my CC Angleset.
    Superb find! Too bad I don't have a straight steerer. Dang!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Guess I forgot not every one is running a dual crown..sorry to anyone who got excited but has a tapered steerer

mtbr member
    Oh nah, it's all good man. We still appreciate the info! Someone's likely to also be running a straight steerer, so it's cool that you let it be known.

Huffy Rider
    Maybe I am lost, but why not try Works Components? I have two of them on 1 1/8 headtubes and they work great. (non-canfield) They have tons of options, they are inexpensive, and I got mine in about 2 weeks.

brenda

mtbr member
    May 2009
    the biggest problem with both CC and WC is one has to remove press in components to change angles. The VP unit requires an allen wrench only and therefore is easily adjusted on the trail.
    Or put another way, special tools(or VERY careful use of substitutes) and 10 minutes with the fork already off the bike VERSUS stay seated on bike, pull out allen wrench, loosen stem bolt(s), loosen 2 allen screws, change HA, tighten 2 allen screw then stem bolt(s). RIDE.
    Elapsed time under 2 minutes or in my dual crown case, under 1 minute.

mtbr member
    Eh I'll bump up an older thread. I feel my One needs to be in here!

2011 Large The One
    Vivid 5.1 Rear
    160 Kashima Talas - Will be upgrading to a 180
    Sun Ringle Charger Pro Wheels with 2.25 Ardents (waiting for my 2.4 front to come in).
    Set up 1x9 with XO front / rear
    Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost
    Easton Havoc Carbon Bars
    Easton Haven Stem
    CC 110 Headset
    XT Crankset
    Bionicon C-Guide
    XTR Brakes

Overall super fun bike, builds up surprisingly light at 30.7lbs. This pretty much is my do everything ride, it's pretty amazing in this light of build. Just got back from a 50 mile epic XC ride yesterday and was no problem at all. I'm super impressed with the Bionicon C-Guides too, I've yet to drop a chain, from doing everything from DJ's, DH, XC rides and everything else you could do on this beast.

Couple of pics!

mtbr member
    could you please give a short review of the Bionicon C-guide with the 1x9 setup?
    interesting to know how it deals with the rough stuff without the upper guide
    14' Canfield Jedi - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
    could you please give a short review of the Bionicon C-guide with the 1x9 setup?
    interesting to know how it deals with the rough stuff without the upper guide
    Honestly I'm surprised at the amount of chunk that this little guy can handle. I'm running 1x so I don't have to deal with any shifting and using the C-Guide I've yet to have a chain drop. I've done some lighter DH days, jump days, and overall I'm extremely pleased with the guide.

While this isn't huge, the C-Guide handles stuff like this with out an issue so far.

mtbr member
    sounds great
    i run a 1x9 on my one too, and been wondering if the c-ring alone could handle the 8" travel of the ONE.
    i currenty run a full chainguide and the c-guide could be a nice weight reduction

thank you for the info!
    14' Canfield Jedi - The fast just got faster!
    15' Canfield Balance - The go to guy of the bike world!

mtbr member
    I'm seriously considering this frame.
    Would a decently wide 650b tire (i.e. an Hans Dampf) fit in the rear? I'd surely go with a 650b front but if it fits in the rear too it would help to gain some BB height.

mtbr member
    Widest I had in mine was a RR 2.25 and a 2.3 neo-moto

mtbr member
    Thank you rsullivan, was it a tight fit or a comfortable one?

mtbr member
    It was snug but worked. If you had heavy mud on the trail then I would be worried otherwise no problem. Going to put the 650b's back on for the trip back to Moab this year. What the extra clearance for the rocks

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    can anyone give us a nice setup for the 2013 canfield one please ? like a list of good components i should get for the bike. i got around 2k to spend maybe a more no need to worry about the frame thanks !

mtbr member
    I'll start with a few question on this frame I'm going to buy and slowly build:
    -What's the headtube inner diameter? is it 56mm?
    -Would it be possible to fit a stealth telescopic seatpost? could the cable exit at the bottom of the seat tube?
    -Does anyone use a RS Monarch Plus for AM riding? how does it feel?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Any one interested in a large one black with white links I am selling mine listed in the classified section. The bike is in awesome shape

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2