Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Just got it in this afternoon and built up. Needs a bit of tweeking but rides nimble.

With dh casings and deemax it sits at 36.5 and with the i9s and free ride casings its 34.6

Last edited by bullcrew; 10-30-2011 at 02:00 AM.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew View Post
    Just got it in this afternoon and built up. Needs a bit of tweeking but rides nimble.

With dh casings and deemax it sits at 36.5 and with the i9s and free ride casings its 34.6

Great setup!!! Interested to hear your ride review!!!

mtbr member

Fine ride!

PLEASE do us all a favor and post a ride report asap! I'm personally interested in your opinion on the Vivid..

mtbr member
    I'll be taking it out tomorrow am for uphill some single track rocks a few doubles and drops.
    So yeah I'll definently post a initial thought.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member

We the people ...

Got the first small ride in and very impressed, initially I was expecting some suffering from pedalling up and was comparing it to a 2010 sxt I just sold so I was not in favor of the one and was not buying into hype. Basically I went in with a bit of a negative attitude, and came out right off the bat "holy $h!t".
    The bike while sitting seemed to have little or no real pedal bob, I sat and spun up the road cranking and then on the trail what i noticed right off the bat was power transfer from pedal stroke to ground was effecient and felt like a short travel bike.
    On trail and pedaling up I was worried it would hit a rock under load and buck the bike up and with it feeling this effecient like a platform would, nope it stays active on hits going up. It doesn't wallow after hitting a rock while pedalling and get weird or inneffecient, it stays the course planted.

So it could be a solid bike for a super d maybe not a xc race but it definently could do well if needed too.

As far as rocks I was expecting some hanging up at speed in the rocks and drop into rocks one even at full bottom it didn't buck forward it was supple and pushed through really easy my fork was set up for the sxt so it banged me around a little (sxt ha was steeper and sat a bit more over front so it was upped PS I a smidge)
    I overshot the small box drop and bottomed pretty solid going into berm bike handled it great.

Cornering was easy to find the pocket and is a very centered and wide pocket so its easy to get into position quickly and the bike corners fast.

Now my suspension has not been messed with at all, its all over the place and needs to be dialed I just slappd it on and rode, no idea where anythings at and definently need to tweak it a little but the bike performed flawless.

It is stable off jumps the doubles arent big but you come in them from berms and exit them from berms so at speed its kind of like a airborne luge in and out. Bike did great I expected some off tilt or not being able to adjust and correct quickly but that was not the case.

Edited: after trying other shocks and gunning for more dh the vivid is more am/fr

I have other shocks that I'll b swapping and forks over the winter for racing and different applications just to really get a feel for this bike. I have the stuff already and craig at avalanche is setting 2 different tunes on my shocks next weekso I can swap out and dial it.
    If I didn't have all the other suspension I'd be just as happy on the vivid air, total bada$$ shock.

It needs to get 165 cranks I'm running 175 now and pedal down outside berm I smacked a rock but ratchet pedaling is easy since all my bikes are 13.5 - 13.7 so I'm pretty used to it anywase.
    I smack rocks all laid out anywase so its nothing new, the bike is truly a one stable bike for a am/fr/dh"r"

Last edited by bullcrew; 11-16-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Mine for the mix....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-p1030559.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-p1030560.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-p1030561.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great review - I was on the fence with respect to this bike.

A bit off topic, a few weeks ago I converted my Knolly Podium to a single crown 180mm Float Fork and a Vivid Air - this was a pretty amazing setup and echoes the thoughts Bullcrew. The Knolly Podium is low and long like the Canfield One - the air fork and shock may the long relatively stable bike much more poppy and fun while still providing the stability. I am loving the vivid air and fox float for the long travel pedal bikes!!!

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    if building the one for AM/enduro...can you reasonably build something to sub 32lbs?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
    if building the one for AM/enduro...can you reasonably build something to sub 32lbs?
    Yes.
    Mines 34.5 with enduro rims (industry nine) so you could go stans, a fox float 160 36 and schwalbe Hans dampf and a few things like bars to carbon lighter stem and easily be there.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Some rattle snakeskin for my schwalbe snakeskin lol only had 1 battle sounded like a click and not a rattle.

My Sponsor House

Look at the time!
    Nice builds bullcrew and bigcrs!

I've had mine for a month now, and in continues to amaze me. Long and stable through fast sections, absolutely eats steeps, but you can still throw it from turn to turn like a 4X bike. Must be the low center of gravity. Whatever it is, it works.

(37.2lbs with dual ply Minions F+R)

The Elka is absolutely brilliant as well - I am constantly fiddling with the 40s up front, trying to get them to keep up with the rear end.
    Uphill, I have the same impressions as bullcrew. No or little bob when sitting down, a bit of movement when standing up - that is with a soft DH suspension setup.

Last weekend I took this out to it's first DH race. Got 4th in my class, not too bad for an out of shape rider on a pedally course.

As for components, two parts will probably get changed sooner or later:
    1) Cranks. I want to try 165s, to see if they'll allow me to pedal through a few more sections on our DH tracks here. The Hones are 175 which is a bit much. 170s would be a good compromise for AM riding I guess.

2) Rear rim. I'm running ZTR Flows, maybe that was a bit optimistic....
    The front is holding up, but after a month of DH on our rocky tracks, the rear has got more dents than a golf ball. To be fair though, it is still round, just the side walls are getting destroyed.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The one blows me away! I just got mine and it exceeded every expectation. I rode it side by side the 2010 flatline and it was a better ride, faster, more plush, not quite as good at sharp corners. I don't think there is another bike like it anywhere.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The One just wants to go fast. It instantly gets up to full speed, with almost no effort. Your control at high speeds is confidence inspiring. I've never had more fun in my life. It also climbs way better than any downhill/freeride bike I've ever come across.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Got my frame yesterday woohoo, hoping to have all the parts in by Thur. and built up before Sat. so i can break it in right at SJT night ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-imag0134.jpg  

mtbr member
    Running a cane creek double barrel now and will swap back and forth after dialing in the shocks.
    Shocks being used and reviewed are cane creek double barrel, vivid air, avalanche woodie with soft spring on high speed blow off and light tune as well as a avalanche dhs with Med spring on blow off comp side with light tune.

Also aside of the fox talas 36 180 I'll be slapping a angle set on and running a boxxer wc 2011with a avalanche cartridge..

Last edited by bullcrew; 11-01-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    If you want a low center of gravity for more stability and control then a low bb is a must. I think it is well worth the trade-off. It adds to the ride on many levels. Lots of bikes had bb this height, it just takes getting used to.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    canfield one and flatline - YouTube
    Here is a little video of the One in action along with the Flatline. I love the One. I've never ridden anything like this before. I can't find anything I don't like about it. Fast, plush, climbs great, and all the right geometry. It goes over anything and it only weighs 37.6 lbs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Just an FYI on those wanting to raise your BB a tad for AM use... I just recently acquired a 9X2.75 DHX Air shock for AM riding, and am using it in the upper hole (7" travel position). Raised the BB about 3/8". Shock is too long, however, to fit into the lower (8" travel) hole. Apparently this is a standard shock size for the Specialized SX trail.

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-9x2.75_one.jpg
    Last edited by cosmoworks; 11-05-2011 at 10:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Got my "ONE" finished up now my Yelli Screamy won't be so lonely Haha hoping to take a test ride tomorrow night at cowles mtn. Then SJT in a couple weeks. only changes i see in the near future are shorter 165mm cranks (using old 175mm stylo's i had) and also front 661 der. is a little funky and slot seems kind of short and sits high but is still functional.

Thanks again to Chris Canfield for taking care of me and the both brothers for building such sick bikes. Let the testing begin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-picture.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's a pretty sick 2 bike quiver. DO WANT.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Indeed, awesome stable SoCal. Pretty much ready for anything.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    That's a pretty sick 2 bike quiver. DO WANT.
    Thanks man i apreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by sly_foxx View Post
    Indeed, awesome stable SoCal. Pretty much ready for anything.
    Thanks and that was the plan seeing how my YS covers 80% of my local riding i sold my other bikes and bought "THE ONE" for the day's i need a fs FR/DH bike and think i should have most styles of riding covered locally - And if not i blame the rider

mtbr member
    OK all avalanched out and now 38 lbs, stuck my 2011 wc with avalanche cart on, avalanche woodie ti spring and reverb.

My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lelebebbel View Post
    Nice builds bullcrew and bigcrs!

I've had mine for a month now, and in continues to amaze me. Long and stable through fast sections, absolutely eats steeps, but you can still throw it from turn to turn like a 4X bike. Must be the low center of gravity. Whatever it is, it works.

(37.2lbs with dual ply Minions F+R)

The Elka is absolutely brilliant as well - I am constantly fiddling with the 40s up front, trying to get them to keep up with the rear end.
    Uphill, I have the same impressions as bullcrew. No or little bob when sitting down, a bit of movement when standing up - that is with a soft DH suspension setup.

Last weekend I took this out to it's first DH race. Got 4th in my class, not too bad for an out of shape rider on a pedally course.

As for components, two parts will probably get changed sooner or later:
    1) Cranks. I want to try 165s, to see if they'll allow me to pedal through a few more sections on our DH tracks here. The Hones are 175 which is a bit much. 170s would be a good compromise for AM riding I guess.

2) Rear rim. I'm running ZTR Flows, maybe that was a bit optimistic....
    The front is holding up, but after a month of DH on our rocky tracks, the rear has got more dents than a golf ball. To be fair though, it is still round, just the side walls are getting destroyed.
    Thanks lelebebbel,

I'll be making some changes as well pretty soon,

- Cranks, probably Race Face Atlas FR, 165's
    - Wider bars, currently at 28"
    - Ti spring
    - New 180 fork, not too sure which make yet. I like the look of the 66's though.
    - Wheelset, I wanna keep it pretty light for the search & destroy missions, going to go tubeless for the first time so probably a set of Flow's on some angry bee's.
    - And to complement the Flow's I'm going try Continentals Trail Kings 2.2, BC's wet winter should be a good testing location.

mtbr member
    Now to the most recent addition to the arsenal is the avalanche woodie, I had craig do light tuning with a soft spring on the high speed blow off which is dialed because it only effects 30% of the oil the rest is contolled still by valving which allows the shock to smooth the square edge hkts out without losing the ability to do a drop and have the shock slowdown.

My Sponsor House

7MGTE
    Nice bike, I like the new cranks. What rims are you running BC?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Nice bike, I like the new cranks. What rims are you running BC?
    2010 deemax and industry nine enduros
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Some beautiful ONE's in here! I think its the ticket for the pedal fest DH races. I love my Jedi, but I see a ONE in my future.

How's the 9t Bull Crew ? ?

mtbr member
    Haven't done the microdrive yet but will, the wheel is being laced up.

Update after tonight's ride:

Hands down the best shock by a long shot for plush suspension for dh racing and getting the job done is the avalanche woodie with the soft high speed blow off spring.
    I'll have a solid review shortly with all 3 shocks and forks etc.

I literally mobbed a nasty rock section tonight and the bike is so dialed for rough stuff and still pops off jumps, pedalling suffers a smidge but turn the low sped up and it helps alot or drop it to the 7" setting for pedaling and no worris BUT going down this current combo is nasty (almost like cheating). I rolled a dh tire tubeless at 33 psi almost clean off the deemax in the corners the bike digs in and motors.

HANDS DOWN THE MOST VERSATILE BIKE FROM A DH'RS STANDPOINT IVE RIDDEN.

It is without a question fully capable of nasty dh courses, not just pedally ones. I bottomed 2 Tim's tonight on nasty nasty hits and it wasn't bad at all. I can up the hi speed a little and take care of it but it is a bike to be reckoned with.

I took off the dual ring set up and the reverb post for a race this Sunday (dh) and miss that addition lol.

My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    OK a thought on the avalanche.
    Yes it can bottom but being a rarely bottomed one in the past I'm OK with it, I want to use all the travel from time to time.
    Upping the high speed will only effect the travel to a certain point it won't make the threshold for blow off any higher that's mechanically controlled by a spring. However there are a couple things to do on this bike for assisting (i didnt feel it as a problem) The threshold by either turning the spring preload a smidge or dropping it to the 7" mode which is what I plan on doing anywase.
    I will note I run a softer spring for my weight than what I should because I like to stay stuck to the ground and haul @$$. I do freeride as well and even then I'd slap it to the 7" mode for the increase in spring rate so for me it is like having the best of both worlds.
    Now here is a tip for the avalanche and pedalling with a soft stup, because we want to be able to slaughter downhill doesn't man we are screwed in the pedal bob arena, the bike has an inherent platform of stable pedalling with the links so turn the slow speed screw in on the avalanche and it will DEFINENTLY, make the pedaling effecincy go up. There is a way to have one shock make a wide range fitment fo these bikes.

If pedalling is your thing mainly then I would reccomend the vivid air, a good shock but wasn't completely sold on the dh sections it lacked the deep feeling and plush soaking it up feel. I can see how it would play really well with the jedi for dh but on the one not for my style.

Just a idea of riding, I don't take the smooth lines I'm an old school mxr I'll go for the nasty line and get on top, I like to pedal out of berms and while the bike is decompressing from a drop sneak a pedal stroke or 2 in. I feel that the smoothest way is to find a big rock in the garden and send it over the top of stuff now the landings can be nasty but that's where this takes over.
    I do like riding up from time to time and will do a flat or semi xc ride just to grab saddle time and hang with buddies as well as free ride and hit the jumps.
    For this reason that's why this bike fits the bill, there's not a daily dose of lift assisted riding and total gnar when I walk out my front door, so to be versatile and not feel like I brought the wrong bike for a run with the guys this one fills the "I'm married and the wife won't let me buy multiple bikes" situation. (added: I would take this bike to bootleg, schwietzer, tamarack, tunnel and any other resort without feeling outgunned. This bike is completely capable of hanging it all out)
    Last edited by bullcrew; 11-16-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Oh and a side not "WOOOOHOOOOOOO" my axle kit for the i9s is in tomorrow. Just thought I'd express a bit of excitement.
    My Sponsor House

******ed or Branded??
    OK a thought on the avalanche.
    Yes it can bottom but being a rarely bottomed one in the past I'm OK with it, I want to use all the travel from time to time.
    Upping the high speed will only effect the travel to a certain point it won't make the threshold for blow off any higher that's mechanically controlled by a spring. However there are a couple things to do on this bike for assisting (i didnt feel it as a problem) The threshold by either turning the spring preload a smidge or dropping it to the 7" mode which is what I plan on doing anywase.
    I will note I run a softer spring for my weight than what I should because I like to stay stuck to the ground and haul @$$. I do freeride as well and even then I'd slap it to the 7" mode for the increase in spring rate so for me it is like having the best of both worlds.
    Now here is a tip for the avalanche and pedalling with a soft stup, because we want to be able to slaughter downhill doesn't man we are screwed in the pedal bob arena, the bike has an inherent platform of stable pedalling with the links so turn the slow speed screw in on the avalanche and it will DEFINENTLY, make the pedaling effecincy go up. There is a way to have one shock make a wide range fitment fo these bikes.

If pedalling is your thing mainly then I would reccomend the vivid air, a good shock but wasn't completely sold on the dh sections it lacked the deep feeling and plush soaking it up feel. I can see how it would play really well with the jedi for dh but on the one not for my style.

Just a idea of riding, I don't take the smooth lines I'm an old school mxr I'll go for the nasty line and get on top, I like to pedal out of berms and while the bike is decompressing from a drop sneak a pedal stroke or 2 in. I feel that the smoothest way is to find a big rock in the garden and send it over the top of stuff now the landings can be nasty but that's where this takes over.
    I do like riding up from time to time and will do a flat or semi xc ride just to grab saddle time and hang with buddies as well as free ride and hit the jumps.
    For this reason that's why this bike fits the bill, there's not a daily dose of lift assisted riding and total gnar when I walk out my front door, so to be versatile and not feel like I brought the wrong bike for a run with the guys this one fills the "I'm married and the wife won't let me buy multiple bikes" situation. (added: I would take this bike to bootleg, schwietzer, tamarack, tunnel and any other resort without feeling outgunned. This bike is completely capable of hanging it all out)
    Got my One in time for me to hit up whistler in July and took off my 170mm lyrik and slapped on my boxxer I had waiting for my Jedi.. Got rid of the front der. and put a bit of a burlier wheelset. Bike just loves to jump and handled everything the second lift (upper mtn) I could hit. My skills are probably nothing to write home about but the bike sure made me ride like a pro. I just had an old 08' DHX 5.0 and the bike and shock handled everything very well. Kept the bike in the 8inch mode and had a blast riding. I am glad I had the one it was the best for whistler for me. I was bummed my jedi did not come in time for the trip, but truyly happy after the trip I was left with having to use the One instead. I hit some big things out there that I probably would have never hit but the bike does so well in the steeps and in the air. The One killed the Canadian Open DH trail, and just rocked Shclyer and Rock City like it was candy!

******ed or Branded??
    First Pic: Morning after the all night build fest. Got it done the night before Heading for Moab. That just outside our hotel in Moab.

Second Pic: The Brothers hanging out just after the Jedi got built up.

Third Pic: The One in Whistler mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-one.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-brothers-4-life.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-one-whistler-mode.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi View Post
    Got my One in time for me to hit up whistler in July and took off my 170mm lyrik and slapped on my boxxer I had waiting for my Jedi.. Got rid of the front der. and put a bit of a burlier wheelset. Bike just loves to jump and handled everything the second lift (upper mtn) I could hit. My skills are probably nothing to write home about but the bike sure made me ride like a pro. I just had an old 08' DHX 5.0 and the bike and shock handled everything very well. Kept the bike in the 8inch mode and had a blast riding. I am glad I had the one it was the best for whistler for me. I was bummed my jedi did not come in time for the trip, but truyly happy after the trip I was left with having to use the One instead. I hit some big things out there that I probably would have never hit but the bike does so well in the steeps and in the air. The One killed the Canadian Open DH trail, and just rocked Shclyer and Rock City like it was candy!

Pretty sweet builds. I'm running my One in 8in mode with the x-fusion and a 180mm dorado up front and im pretty stoked on it. I'm pretty seriously thinking about moving the dorado and the heavy wheels (36h 440s) over to a jedi and rebuilding the One in 7in mode with the 170 lyrik, an xfusion vector air, and one of the new varial headsets @ 65ish.

What kind of HTA are you running your 7in lyric build? Pedal strikes an issue at all?

mtbr member
    Kind of like too see more builds considering there's a fair amount of the ones out there and a hand full of builds in here.
    Here it is ready for the race Sunday (fontucky winter series)
    36.4 with the reverb (a godsend for the wall pedal section )

I'll get action pics up next week.

My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Kind of like too see more builds considering there's a fair amount of the ones out there and a hand full of builds in here.

Crappy cell phone pics, but you get the idea - Dorado, X-fusion, 36h 440s laced to MTX33s, atlas cranks, mostly saint group otherwise. I toyed with the idea of the angleset, but went with the cane creek 40 - 63.5 HTA, 13" BB. Couldn't be much happier.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by good4nothing View Post

Crappy cell phone pics, but you get the idea - Dorado, X-fusion, 36h 440s laced to MTX33s, atlas cranks, mostly saint group otherwise. I toyed with the idea of the angleset, but went with the cane creek 40 - 63.5 HTA, 13" BB. Couldn't be much happier.
    Looks good, wow 13" bb, mines at 13.6 and feels good with 170 cranks.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Finally got mine!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376394_10150420767859617_586139616_8316883_1917230 028_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Some updates:
    Fox 36 Van
    Angleset at +1.5 degree - head angle is probably at 66 deg (small lower stack)
    Canfield AM\FR Wheelset

The one pedals AM really well with the above setup. I've been rolling around in 8" mode and I'm having very few problems with rock strikes. The weight is the only thing that slows me down uphill (37lbs or so) but it climbs exceptionally well.

The downhills are outrageous---the X-Fusion is so nice and plush. The VAN up front is much better than the TALAS I had on there previously. Don't think I will ever buy another TALAS again.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    We've got almost the same bike set-up! Love how they handle. We need some more people giving reviews on mtbr to bring up the ratings on the one. Some xc guy brought the ratings down This is one of the most amazing bikes ever made and people need to know it.

mtbr member
    An action shot from today's race couple over shots coming in too hot cost me severely and spectators had to get me and bike back on course (2 times lol)

And gwin kicked it over with troy (foes) and I so I made him do the happy shout out. He rocked it solid today.

My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    New set of wheels:

mtbr member
    Very nice VP, looks well rounded.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Finally got a chance to break in my new "THE ONE" yesterday at cowles mtn,Conditions could not have been better and i decided to climb/hike to the peak which was a little loose towards the top but was nice and tacky on the way back after the fire road and the fun stuff started.

Bike handles INSANE and even in the 8" setting i was running i could not believe how well it pedaled once you sat and had the sag set, I know the 7" setting would be fine for cowles but had to try it and it stuck like it was on rails now i just need to work on the rider I am hoping to get some more seat time in this weekend. Thanks again to the Brothers for building such bad arse bikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-84b8.jpg  

2011 Canfield Bros "THE ONE" info-965e.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Some nice pics in here boys. The ONE truly is a special bike. There are not many bikes that can pedal better especially for a 8'' bike. We have numerous team members and customers using them as their DH race bike, as well as long travel all-mountain rigs. It fits the bill for so many on different levels. I will be doing some back to back DH testing against my JEDI this year. For those who still want ONE, we have a handful of large's left. Next run will be out spring time !

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Calico Canfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Stu View Post
    Crappy nightime shot.....riding tomorrow

I like the Calico Canfield scoping out your new rig!

Roll on Spring Time!
    How does the The One compare to the 2010 Jedi? I am liking the sound of The One for the pedal platform and my large Jedi feels small for me on fast DH stuff, great for throwing around though. I am away from home alot so the Jedi only sees a couple of months riding every year, so practicaly I am lining things up for change out only late next year.
    The rearward path of the Jedi was the big selling point so I am interested how The One compares in the Gnar and square edges.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    How does the The One compare to the 2010 Jedi? I am liking the sound of The One for the pedal platform and my large Jedi feels small for me on fast DH stuff, great for throwing around though. I am away from home alot so the Jedi only sees a couple of months riding every year, so practicaly I am lining things up for change out only late next year.
    The rearward path of the Jedi was the big selling point so I am interested how The One compares in the Gnar and square edges.
    Go with avalanche chubbie with soft spring on hi/lo speed adjuster and if its pedally go with the 7" setting run a bit softer shock than needed and in the 8" matched with the avy it plows and in 7" it makes a stellar freeride set up.

2 nd shock choice would be the double barrel.
    My Sponsor House

Roll on Spring Time!
    BC - I didnt catch the comparason. I know you had a 2010 Jedi, not sure if you had the 2011 with travel options, shorter stays and all that I would like. Curious to know dirrect comparasons between the 2010 Jedi and the new One. You should have a good basis for info since you have run both bikes with various shocks. If I could validate it I would really like to shove a Woodie on the Jedi but I will probably ride it 2 months next year and I am thinking of selling it since it really does feel a little smal, I dont feel center and I am either of the bars or off the back tire.
    I just want to ride.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast