Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xprezo Gamjam

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Xprezo Gamjam

Looking to build an aggressive trail playbike....
    Tough time finding info. on Xprezo here in the US.
    Thinking similar to 4x, Spitfire, etc.... you know, the whole "downhiller's trailbike" kind of thing...
    Like dealing with smaller builders.
    Anyone have an idea on retail pricing for these?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Huh.... wow...
    No takers?
    Anyone with experience with them?
    Friend of a friend with experience with them?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Could someone throw me a bone and at least tell me the eye to eye and stroke length measurement of the shock that's used?
    Not listed on their site. Didn't want to bother them if it wasn't necessary.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

local trails rider
    Better ask them:
    http://www.xprezo.ca/xprezo_pages_en/xprezo_contact.php
    (they will be at a bike show during this weekend)

Looks like it is pretty unknown, at least outside Canada. That is not good or bad in itself.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Hey, thanks for chiming in. In looking back at my last post, it seems that I was getting a little peeved, huh?
    Yeah, about the only thing missing from it is ISCG guide tabs. Which, has changed for 2011. Found out new frames run ~$2400.00+. Typical for a lot of frames these days. Plus, not many still made start to finish in N. America. Knolly I guess but they're in the same price range... Devinci.. the new Split-Pivs are same price range....
    But, looks like this thing has been around way before the Banshee Spitfire (to mention a frame of the same "type" that's been getting a lot of attention lately... slack geo, low, multi-purpose type frame....)
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Dooooo it! They were one of the companies I looked at when shopping (and eventually getting the Spitfire) and the unknowns coupled with the pricing beyond my budget for a frame killed it.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Can't say for the price in the States, but I'm just next to the shop and had the opportunity to try the GamJam and it's really a beast. Crazy fun to ride, jump and play around. Might be my next ride.
    A trailbuilder from the north

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Preowned 2010 Gamjam enroute via the United Pulverization Service. Can't wait to check this thing out. Should have it Tuesday.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    6.5 X 1.5 shock. 27.2 post (sweet as I have a Thomson here in that size) Yet, am told a
    "34" for clamp size. Little confused there. Chromag's clamps are listed as 32, 35, etc.
    as opposed to 30.0, 31.8, 34.9..... Yet, Chromag has no 34 listed. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Xprezo tells me that the post will be larger for the 2011 model Gamjam. ISCG05 tabs to be added as well. Would've loved to have had tabs but budget was key here.
    Could always wait and see how I'm going to like this frame and it's geo. and buy the next gen. later if so.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    ****, sorry I just saw this. I have a new 2010 Gamjam frame in my store on sale for like $1600 or so. I don't have specific info on it memorized but if you need help w it, email me your questions to simon@cycle-solutions.com and I'll answer when I'm in store w the frame in front of me. I suspect that if the Gamjam is a 27.2 post, it requires a 31.8 clamp.
    And Chromag just round up w their sizes. So their 32 is for a 31.8 seat tube diameter..
    Santa Cruz Highball

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    LowUFO, that offer is much appreciated. Just may have to take you up on that.
    Things should be coming together in the next week or so. Some new stuff on order to add to it as well.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I checked my frame here and it has a clamp stamped 34 that fits on a Kona Blast that has a 32 clamp on it. And the Kona clamp fit the Xprezo perfectly too. Both use 27.2 posts.
    So yeah, its a 32 or 31.8 clamp. I think the 34 is some kind of error.
    Santa Cruz Highball

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Seriously... much appreciated. I took a stab at it and ordered a Chromag 32 qr clamp.
    Frame should be here tomorrow. Sucks that I work an open till close shift and won't be home until 9pm tomorrow night! Can't wait to come home and check it out.
    Now... I need a Dh build to get started on....
    Furax anyone?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Wow... great quality frame. Brown Santa and his brown sleigh/truck came yesterday.
    Have some parts that arrived today and a few to come tomorrow.
    Now, the biggest problem is that I work a 12 hour shift tomorrow....8-8 and an almost hour drive each way.... gonna SUCK!
    Can't wait to dive into this build.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Build finished Tues night. This thing is nice and slack... a few pounds lighter than my Sinister Gruitr that it replaced. Even with my Lyrik going back on this build. Would love to look toward a Rev for it in the future. Would easily take another couple of pounds off. But the lowered Lyrik will have to do for now. Came in at 31.5 with the non-precise bathroom scale test.

The Chromag 32 Clamp fit perfectly (Thanks LowUFO!)

Hmm...what else? BB mount Gamut G25 slid on easily with zero clearance issues. Was a big worry for me prior to having my hands on the frame. Heard of owners having tons of trouble/mods needing to be done to get different guides to work with the design.

Only a couple of crappy cell phone pics of the bike in it's just thrown together form. Stem not where I want it, bunch of spacers above/below, bars looking way too high.... seat still at the angle that it was when it was on the Gruitr, etc. (lucked out there... same ST size... no new Thomson necessary..nice.)

Only negative is that the rebound seems to be shot on the shock that came with it. Um, yeah... THAT wasn't mentioned in the ad... Either a rebuild or a new shock. Been taking a peek around to see what I may do as it's a 6.5 x 1.5.

So, final tweaks to be performed this weekend as I've been working the last few days. Then I'll take some photos and get them up here.

Driveway test felt great. Nice and poppy. Lighter feel than my Gruitr. Don't know how it'll climb yet but I can't wait to rip some of the DH sections on my local trails with this thing! We'll see how I adjust to the low BB. I think that I'll be fine.
    My friend who was helping with the build felt comfy enough on it in the first 30 seconds of a spin around the street and driveway to hit a 4-5' drop off of the rock retaining wall in my back yard!
    I'm thinking that I'm going to like it.....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    New rear shock on it's way.... Went with a Rock Shox Monarch RT3 in a high tune.
    Getting some conflicting information on the hardware sizing now.
    LowUFO.... just dropped you an email.
    Thanks!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    LowUFO... You are ON IT!
    (And pretty funny as well!)
    Thanks again!
    Finished build photos up here... soon!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

smartass
    Eastcoaster's finished Gamjam:

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for posting the photos man! Just got home. Lil' seat, bar, stem and lever adjustments and I'll be all set to (hopefully... weather pending) hit dirt on Thursday afternoon for a shake down ride... If not... Then on Sunday with you guys!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Lil mini review from the 2011 build thread on the DH Forum over on RM. Just copied and pasted my response.

Yeah... little more wheel flop than I'm used to. Nothing that will continue to bother me with more time on the bike though. Have to admit...When we first finished the build and I sat down on it my first thought was, "Wow... that's a LOT of wheel out there in front of me...this thing is SLACK." Trail riding will be all that I'll be doing on it.

That being said, climbing wasn't an issue even with the Lyrik. The bike climbs much better than my Gruitr and, I can honestly say that I have yet to miss the extra rear travel that I had with the Gruit.... Should mention for the sake of argument, that I am also riding it with a brand new RS Monarch RC2... setting it in the mid mode.
    This bike is lighter. Snappier. Poppy. As AmishMatt said, I do think that a Rev would be the perfect fork for it. But, the Lyrik is what I had from my old build. Unless something changes, it's feeling pretty good where it is when riding...dialed down to 145. I'd love to shed the extra weight that the Lyrik adds compared to a Rev. But, I may not change a thing. (as Amishmatt also mentioned, funds also now being diverted to a DH bike build factoring in... but I'd find a way to get a new fork if the Lyrik didn't feel right.)

The question was also brought up about having more travel in the front...Sluggish? Not at all. In fact, Xprezo designed the frame around a 140mm fork.
    Usually I have to feel a new bike out for a bit..adjustments made, etc.... We hit a new trail that pointed down that had a few little kicks and small drops in it. Again, first time ever on this trail and first ride on the bike. I was third rider in line and didn't have the best view ahead of me... Hit all of it without a thought. That's where the slack put a smile all over my face..... Adjustment period? OVER during the first ride. :-)
    Amishmatt asked, "Well?"... (I normally would mention a noticed negative about the frame, etc.)... My answer, "I have nothing to say. Which, is a GOOD thing.. this is awesome!"

If I had to mention something? The steering in the slow tight stuff would be my only "gripe".... and that's more of a, "I'll get used to that." kind of statement. Not a deal breaker for me.
    If my DH build isn't finished before our first DH trip this year, I won't hesitate to take the Gamjam to somewhere like Launch Bike Park at Spring Mountain here in PA... I think that it'll rip.

Now, I'm just waiting for someone to do the same thing that I did with the Gamjam with the new Pivot M4X that was released at Otter... I'd love to ride trails with that thing.... may need a dropper post due to the bend in the seat tube for extension.. but def. another candidate for a new school trail bike....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    That looks sweet! Congrats dude!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Thanks! Much appreciated. The Monarch is performing WAY better than the Marz Rocco Air LO that I had on it. Love the Monarch!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    cool bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    that thing looks SICK

mtbr member
    Any new updates on this thing? interested to see how you are doing on it. Still digging it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast