Thread: XC Cove model?

I like mud

XC Cove model?

Who really knows the Cove range of bikes well?

I have a Hummer but would like a full-suspension bike for XC/cross-country riding.

Can anyone tell me which Coves are set up for this?

What is the difference between the Hustler and the G-Spot?

Thanks.
    The Bike Race Database:
    www.meet4rides.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I'm not a pro on the g-spot, but the hustler is made for more xc - steeper seat angle for climbing, lighter frame/shock, a little less travel (5.5" vs 6"), and designed for a 5" fork vs 6". I have a hustler for xc and think it's a great bike (although I very often get tempted to replace it with a hummer, especially as I enter more races). For xc, imho a g-spot is overkill, although it sounds like a great bike that is in that all-mountain-y realm.

I like mud
    Cool, thanks for the good answer. Sounds like the Hustler is more for me then.

So you want to trade bikes? haha

What kind of races do you do and why would you want a Hummer for them?

I love the super slack head angle on the Hummer. It lets you lean into corners more than steer into them, which is cool.
    The Bike Race Database:
    www.meet4rides.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    yeah, the hustler has the slack head angle as well. also a low bb and long-ish chainstays making it a very fun bike to ride up as well as down. cove finally has their site back up - check out the geometry listings.

I don't race often and I'm not competitive (and that's not because of the bike) - only a couple a year, and plan to do more next year. I figure if I enter xc races that don't require a lot of suspension, a hummer would suit me better. But, then when I go out and just ride the trails, I'm glad I have my hustler. I think the solution is just to try to shed a pound of two off my current setup (switch to air fork mainly).

I saw a guy selling a 20" hummer and a 19.5" hustler last month on ebay for very good deals. I know the hummer is gone (I was very tempted as that is my size), but maybe the hustler is still around.

just for kicks, here is an old pic of mine. I have changed a few things since, but you get the idea. Search for hustlers here; a lot of people have some nice builds