Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: b16asi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8

    Where to buy a Banshee Scirocco???

    Hi Everybody. I'm looking to purchase a 19" Banshee Scirocco frame. Any suggestions on where I should purchase it from?? Nobody local carries them. Of course, the cheaper the better.

    Thanks
    Rich

  2. #2
    Bike Shop Manager
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    30
    still looking for a good deal? stupid question huh..
    fire me an e-mail at (irritated_muppet @ hotmail.com)

  3. #3
    heckler35
    Guest
    I got my Banshee Scirocco through beyondbikes.com. They had the best price. I paid 535.00 for the frame. Check them out.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spongebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    614

    If you're still looking.

    Quote Originally Posted by b16asi
    Hi Everybody. I'm looking to purchase a 19" Banshee Scirocco frame. Any suggestions on where I should purchase it from?? Nobody local carries them. Of course, the cheaper the better.

    Thanks
    Rich


    Give a call or e-mail to Larry Mettler at Mountain High Cyclery. I've got a quote from him on a 2004 disc only, and its smokin'. 970 669 7960 or mtnhighcyclery@comcast.net. Or e mail me and I'll tell you

    SB
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

  5. #5
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by b16asi
    Nobody local carries them.
    Nuts to that, QBP sells banshee, which is the wholesaler that basically every LBS uses. So in other words, basically every LBS can order one for you.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spongebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    614

    Not anymore according to Banshee........

    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Nuts to that, QBP sells banshee, which is the wholesaler that basically every LBS uses. So in other words, basically every LBS can order one for you.

    I spoke to Jay at Banshee 2 days ago, and they don't go through QBP on the scirroco, you have to buy it through a shop who's a dealer.
    SB
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

  7. #7
    user-created
    Reputation: singletrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    I spoke to Jay at Banshee 2 days ago, and they don't go through QBP on the scirroco, you have to buy it through a shop who's a dealer.
    SB
    Ah, good point. No Scratch either.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: esquire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,653

    ... and if we just ... Exactly right

    But even if the frame did come from QBP, its still better to go through a dealer that knows something about the frame, took the time to speak to Banshee about it, and didn't just say, "Hey, look at this, it IS in the catalog, sure dude, I'll get you one..."

    Plus, in comparing QBP and Banshee direct, Banshee direct is a better price. We can do much better getting Screams, Morphines and Chaps straight through Banshee than QBP. Sometimes QBP does have "blowouts" on older frames (2003 Screams literally were going for under a grand a little while back). But, for up to date, new frames, go through a dealer who knows wtf he's talking about and not some yahoo who just "saw its picture in the 4" thick QBP catalog".

    Oh, and the Scriocco is my favorite tough-ass hardtail. The medium is perfect for a guy with kind of shortish 29-39 inseam, legs.

    Here's mine....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Spongebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    614

    You've inspired me.....

    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    But even if the frame did come from QBP, its still better to go through a dealer that knows something about the frame, took the time to speak to Banshee about it, and didn't just say, "Hey, look at this, it IS in the catalog, sure dude, I'll get you one..."

    Plus, in comparing QBP and Banshee direct, Banshee direct is a better price. We can do much better getting Screams, Morphines and Chaps straight through Banshee than QBP. Sometimes QBP does have "blowouts" on older frames (2003 Screams literally were going for under a grand a little while back). But, for up to date, new frames, go through a dealer who knows wtf he's talking about and not some yahoo who just "saw its picture in the 4" thick QBP catalog".

    Oh, and the Scriocco is my favorite tough-ass hardtail. The medium is perfect for a guy with kind of shortish 29-39 inseam, legs.

    Here's mine....

    Put in an order for a L. Is that the Gray? ....which looks blue gray? Nice welds. What kind of Hutch's are those?
    Thanks
    Bob
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: esquire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,653

    Those

    Those, my friend, are Spiders, 2.3". Love em for good all-around tires, decent size, are a bit lighter than most 2.3's, and have a good tread. Can't really vouch for durability over the long term, since I've only got about 200 miles or so on them.

    It is an interesting Gray, great welds, and a tough bike. We've been impressed with the Banshees that come through our shop, and with the guys out there at Banshee in answering our questions.

Similar Threads

  1. Banshee Morphine vs Scirocco
    By MainelyKona in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 09:11 PM
  2. Sinister Ridge vs. Banshee Scirocco
    By e<i>o in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 09:44 AM
  3. Norco Sasquatch, SC Chameleon or Banshee Scirocco
    By sbek in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 02:05 PM
  4. SC Chameleon or Banshee Scirocco
    By sbek in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 01:04 PM
  5. Banshee Scirocco Vs Sinister DNA
    By GSS in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •