mtbr member

What's a L Banshee Scirocco Frame wiegh?

Anybody know? I want to order one, but Banshee's too busy with year end to let me know. I want to build it up to under 30lbs with a Thomson, Monkeylite, LX, Rhino lites w/ AmCl discs, Avid BBDOs and 2.3s
    Thanks
    Bob
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

mtbr member

Well

My medium tips the scales at a hefty 4.4 pounds, so probably not much more, maybe 4.6. Easily built to under 30 pounds.

Great frame, by the way.

corerat
    Jan 2005
    What is the Specs on yours?

mtbr member

Large weighs 5.5 lbs

[QUOTE=Spongebob]Anybody know? I want to order one, but Banshee's too busy with year end to let me know. I want to build it up to under 30lbs with a Thomson, Monkeylite, LX, Rhino lites w/ AmCl discs, Avid BBDOs and 2.3s
    Thanks

Well, I got my frame and it weighs 5.5 lbs. Not exactly what I was expecting. I've built it now, and it weighs 31 lbs. I have a thudbuster LT, 2.5 BG rear with Stans, Conti survival 2.3 front with AmCl disc hubs and Rhyno (not) lite rims, Truvativ stylo cranks and Gigapipe BB, XT and LX der., eggbeaters, Manitou Black 90-120 , bashguard, S2, full lenth cable housing (nice), ODI lock ons, 90mm stem X 5*, easton carbon riser bar, Avid mech discs and levers, 8 spd set up with Sram cassette and rocket V saddle, water bottle cage. I could easily drop 2-3 pounds by getting rid of the Thudbuster, rhyno lites and the 2.5 tires. The frame is impressive. The head tube is hugely thick, and could handle a dual crown fork. The stays are beefy. Beautiful paint and clear coat.

SB

corerat
    Jan 2005
    Post a Pic IM going to be buying one soon, anything I need to know? Thanks

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Lets see some pictures!

[QUOTE=Spongebob]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    Anybody know? I want to order one, but Banshee's too busy with year end to let me know. I want to build it up to under 30lbs with a Thomson, Monkeylite, LX, Rhino lites w/ AmCl discs, Avid BBDOs and 2.3s
    Thanks

Well, I got my frame and it weighs 5.5 lbs. Not exactly what I was expecting. I've built it now, and it weighs 31 lbs. I have a thudbuster LT, 2.5 BG rear with Stans, Conti survival 2.3 front with AmCl disc hubs and Rhyno (not) lite rims, Truvativ stylo cranks and Gigapipe BB, XT and LX der., eggbeaters, Manitou Black 90-120 , bashguard, S2, full lenth cable housing (nice), ODI lock ons, 90mm stem X 5*, easton carbon riser bar, Avid mech discs and levers, 8 spd set up with Sram cassette and rocket V saddle, water bottle cage. I could easily drop 2-3 pounds by getting rid of the Thudbuster, rhyno lites and the 2.5 tires. The frame is impressive. The head tube is hugely thick, and could handle a dual crown fork. The stays are beefy. Beautiful paint and clear coat.

SB

mtbr member

Will do.....

Quote Originally Posted by corerat
    Post a Pic IM going to be buying one soon, anything I need to know? Thanks
    Not really. The only thing that seemed different is the 26.8 seat tube. But they include a seat post with it, so you'll only need a front der. The rest of the parts from your old bike transfer nicely.
    I'll ride it tomorrow for the first time, albeit in a wet, muddy environment, so I'll give you a report on how I think it handled. I ride a Turner 5 spot most of the time, but love the 'ol hardtail every now and then. I got the Scirocco because of the head and seat angles which were so very close to the 5er.
    The 'blue' is more of a blue grey, like the Seatle Seahawks uniform color.
    Also, the BB width is 68mm, and you should have the BB threads and the head tube chased and dressed, it doesn't come that way. Your LBS should do that anyway.
    I have a 120 X 15* stem on there which I think will be too long. And yes, I like the front end high: just my style.
    Plenty of clearance, that's a 2.5 Kenda Nev in the rear. The stays are very beefy...
    If you have any more questions, let me know.
    They even give you a tube of touch up paint, an extra hanger, seat post and clamp and a bunch of zip ties.
    Also, this is a 2004 which was only disc. The '05's will have brake stays. The '04's are available with more of a discount, if your LBS forwards that to you, like Larry of MtnHighCyclery did for me.
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spongebob; 01-08-2005 at 07:05 PM.

Feeding your addiction
    Couple of frame-only pics I shot before sending it to Bob.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry