mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Hope What kickstand will fit my '05 Norco Manik (no flaming please)

My bike's primary use lately is to pull around my son in his Burley trailer. He and I both enjoy it immensely... however, I find myself hitching and unhitching the trailer a LOT and it's a huge pain to do that when there's nothing handy to lean the bike on. So, I am looking for a kickstand [Flame retardant suit on]

The geometry of the frame makes me think that neither the rear mount Greenfield type (Photo A... due to the frame design and disc rotors, not to mention the trailer hitch) nor the more traditional clamp-on type (Photo B... due to the rugged and yes-I-know-NEVER-intended-for-a-kickstand frame design) will fit. Neither of the LBSes I checked with had any suggestions without bringing in my bike, which I really don't have time to do on days/hours they are open due to my work schedule, 1 year old son and the fact that I live out of town.

So, YES, I KNOW that I'm committing a damnable sin by even THINKING of doing this, but I really only care to hear from people who have fit a kickstand on a similar frame or have some real input. I'm not interested in damaging or modifying the frame for this as it won't be a quasi-rickshaw forever and I plan on taking the ankle-skewer back off once my son can move up to a trail-a-bike.

I called Greenfield and they were no help at all. I wanted to call Norco and they apparently have no desire to answer any owner requests as their website lists NO way to contact them other than registering a bike with a web form or snail mail. Email, phone or even fax numbers would have made me happy. I'm sure SOMEONE else has wanted a kickstand on this frame.

Now that the disclaimers are over... anyone got any idears?

Here are the 2 designs I mentioned:

Photo A:

Photo B:

mtbr member

Not a problem.

I pull a trailer as well and need a kickstand on the bike because of it... it destroys my rear derailleur if I dont use one.
    Anyway because of the style of trailer I use, I need a center chain stay mounted one not the rear one.
    I have a greenfield like you do in the first pic, on the wifes commuter.
    It works great if your rear triangle has round tubing, but if it has square tubing you're SOL for that one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

conjoinicorned
    you'll be surprised at how the type B kickstand can fit a variety of frames. the clamping mechanism is so freaking simple it's easily modifiable as well. i have fit it onto everything from a cross bike to a FR hardtail.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    I pull a trailer as well and need a kickstand on the bike because of it... it destroys my rear derailleur if I dont use one.
    Anyway because of the style of trailer I use, I need a center chain stay mounted one not the rear one.
    I have a greenfield like you do in the first pic, on the wifes commuter.
    It works great if your rear triangle has round tubing, but if it has square tubing you're SOL for that one.

that is so coool. whats in the boxs??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paintballeerXC
    that is so coool. whats in the boxs??
    nothing in the bins at that time.
    I use the trailer mainly for grocery deliveries for the elderly and people who cannot get out or want to go out . we shop for them if they want to or simply meet them at the grocery store and deliver it to their place( 6 km max) for 5 bux.
    shopping for them will cost them an extra 10% of their grocery bill over and above the 5 bux . this is the time of year when it gets busy.