mtbr member
    Dec 2004

what fork for Cove Hustler XC

On the Cove website, it lists 100/130mm fork for the Hustler.

What is a good fork for this bike? Seems like a Pike (140mm) would be nice.
    Anyone running a 140mm or even a 150mm fork?
    Would that be too much for this bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman
    On the Cove website, it lists 100/130mm fork for the Hustler.

What is a good fork for this bike? Seems like a Pike (140mm) would be nice.
    Anyone running a 140mm or even a 150mm fork?
    Would that be too much for this bike?
    Honestly, going over 130mm is going to whack out the geo enough to make a difference. That being said a U-Turn Pike would be a nice fork for that frame if you're looking for something burly and versatile. You could find the sweet spot and run it there most of the time. Crank it up and run more sag for trails with gnarly downhills or crank it down for trails with steep technical climbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTech
    Honestly, going over 130mm is going to whack out the geo enough to make a difference. That being said a U-Turn Pike would be a nice fork for that frame if you're looking for something burly and versatile. You could find the sweet spot and run it there most of the time. Crank it up and run more sag for trails with gnarly downhills or crank it down for trails with steep technical climbs.

Ok, but every Hustler I've ever seen has a 140mm RS Pike mounted on it, including the ones on Cove's own website.

So what's the big deal with putting a 140mm or 150mm on it????

mtbr member
    May 2009
    according to Silverfish (UK distro.), max is 150mm, with 130-140 being the optimum.
    I have had my Pike at 140mm on my Hustler for almost a year and it feels perfectly balanced with the rear. I haven't tried it with other forks but the Pikes are spot on in terms of length and build for the Hustler. I use it for occasional commuting right through to freeride & jumping.

more info here if you need: http://www.silverfish-uk.com/product...d0b0s17&tab=kb

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i have 140mm revs on mine and it feels bang on so pikes will be perfect