mtbr member
    Jul 2008

what downhill frames are actually still welded by cdn tradesman?

faltline is overseas i read, same with scythe i read.. what else? any bikes still made under the maple leaf?

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Maybe Cove? Norco? I am thinking Brodie is overseas.

Devinci frames should be manufactured in house, they champion their manufacturing facility for frames ... plus the Wilson looks bomb and has a great name. But, it's in Quebec, so TECHNICALLY it is still Canadian ... but you can make your own judgements.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Answer.... devinci...MAYBE. Norco and Cove have always been off-shore.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm fairly certain Devinci's are,I believe they have done some work for Evil bikes and Sinister as well(probably others too).Urie Dog makes a fr/dh hardtail,pretty sure in Canada.Norco,Cove,and Brodie are off shore,as D8 stated.I heard Paul Brodie still makes frames by hand,but xc and rare.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Knolly? I thought I read somewhere Cove was made in Canada by some company called "Yes" or something?
    "Listen here you beautiful *****, I'm about to **** you up with some truth"

mtbr member
    Appalache couldn't make a go of it so scratch them off and I don't think Xprezo has come out with a DH frame yet and I'm not sure if they plan to or not either.

You might be able to ask the boys at Dobermann to do a one off for you though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    I saw some Xpezo's at Bromont this year rocking DC forks and coil shocks. Not sure if they were prototypes or just beefed up trail bikes but they looked pretty solid to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    ok so this is what their team is riding now. according to their website it's still in dev.

mtbr member
    Cove is made off-shore? you guys are positive about that?
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Coves are made in BC by Yess.

I heard somewhere that they had gone offshore for the sanchez (little dj frame) but all others were handmade in BC or in the case of the hummer, the US.

mtbr member
    thanks for the photo of the Xprezo!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy
    Coves are made in BC by Yess.

I heard somewhere that they had gone offshore for the sanchez (little dj frame) but all others were handmade in BC or in the case of the hummer, the US.
    Thanks for your input I was confused as they clearly stand as a truly Canadian company in my mind.
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Glad I was wrong about where Cove bikes are made.Maybe I was thinking about Banshee.All are great companies who do what they have to in order to survive/compete.I guess I'll have to add a Cove to the "mostly" Canadian bikes I own.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Yay, I figured Cove was Canadian ... I mean, the names of their bikes alone is too awesome to grace a frame made anywhere else IMO