mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Web site missprint

Funny thing about missprints is that sometimes they seem possible. I was in the market for a 6" bike. I was liking the 06 Slayer. When I went to Rockie's website it stated that the 30 (the only one I could afford-not really afford but you know what I mean) had 125 mm of travel. The other models had 152 mm of travel listed. Since allo of manufactures spec their lower end models with shorter travel I did not even think that this might be a missprint. To make a long story longer, I ended up buying a Specialized Enduro Expert, 05 that is. I got it for the same price as the 06 Slayer 30. I am happy and not the least dissapointed but I could as easily ended up with the Slayer. I tried to find the Rocky email address to send them a heads up but it is not on their website and I am not paying long distance charges to tell them they made a mistake.

WC.

ups and downs
    There's always an off-chance that it might not be a misprint. When I talked to the Push boys about the rear shock on my Slayer 70 I discovered that the Fox RP3 on the Slayer 70 is a 7.875 x 2.25 travel so it's a custom OEM as Fox only offer the 7.875 x 2.0 as an off-the-shelf product. Maybe the Slayer 30 uses the off-the-shelf model to save money (hard to imagine that would save much money).

That makes the standard suspension a 2.66 ratio of wheel travel to shock travel, so if they actually do have a 0.25" less travel on the RP3 on the 30 that would be about 17mm less travel (or 135mm instead of 152mm). I guess that's still a misprint.

Anyway, if anyone is contemplating a different rear shock or buying a replacement, it's an important bit of trivia that the Slayer ships with that custom 7.875 x 2.25 travel rear shock.

opiate of the masses
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    There's always an off-chance that it might not be a misprint. When I talked to the Push boys about the rear shock on my Slayer 70 I discovered that the Fox RP3 on the Slayer 70 is a 7.875 x 2.25 travel so it's a custom OEM as Fox only offer the 7.875 x 2.0 as an off-the-shelf product. Maybe the Slayer 30 uses the off-the-shelf model to save money (hard to imagine that would save much money).

That makes the standard suspension a 2.66 ratio of wheel travel to shock travel, so if they actually do have a 0.25" less travel on the RP3 on the 30 that would be about 17mm less travel (or 135mm instead of 152mm). I guess that's still a misprint.

Anyway, if anyone is contemplating a different rear shock or buying a replacement, it's an important bit of trivia that the Slayer ships with that custom 7.875 x 2.25 travel rear shock.
    It's a misprint. If you take a look in the printed catalogue, you'll notice it is 152mm travel.

Cheers
    http://www.bikes.com