Thread: V-Tach Love...

mtbr member

V-Tach Love...

Ok I finished my summer with the V-Tach and came away very impressed when I used the bike for its purposes. After speaking with Noel, seems even my minor concerns are being addressed (no, not just for me..... ), and some testing on other rear shocks will be underway here soon.

I've posted my extended "journal" type review here: http://www.boutiquebikes.com/index.p...d=76&Itemid=68

If I could get the pics posted with the review as it is on our site, I'd post it here, but IB's the computer god, not me. The red dot on the handlbar is a bell....if you heard it, it meant to get out of my way or you might get hurt by 40+ pounds of bike and 230 pounds of padded up downhiller. Fortunately, almost everyone said they heard it out in front of them so it wasn't an issue.

Read and enjoy, and I welcome questions or comments. Noel, as if you didn't know, fantastic work on this thing, and I can't wait for more to come out.

mtbr member

Me Too!

Yeah, what esq said. I was at Mt Ste Anne for the World Cups and got a few rides on the V-Tach (when esq was looking the other way). I figured he owed it to me after screwing down my rebound damping while I wasn't looking.

Coming off a new VPX, my view may be a little skewed from the average XC or aggro trail rider. First, the DH riding at this Quebec mountain is incredible. Plenty of flow and enough jumps to satisfy Travis Pastrana. I'm not a talented hucker or a free-ride maestro but this bike made riding down the mountain childs play for me. Very stable and predictable; I couldn't seem to get going fast enough to make any of the drops/rock jumps seem scary. I was going as fast on this bike as I was on my VPX but the thing simply soaked up everything as if I was riding my KLR650. In summary, I couldn't do this bike justice. It's made for very aggressive assaults on extreme terrain by riders who demand control and duability. Oh, and for riders younger than me.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Ok I finished my summer with the V-Tach and came away very impressed when I used the bike for its purposes. After speaking with Noel, seems even my minor concerns are being addressed (no, not just for me..... ), and some testing on other rear shocks will be underway here soon.

I've posted my extended "journal" type review here: http://www.boutiquebikes.com/index.p...d=76&Itemid=68

If I could get the pics posted with the review as it is on our site, I'd post it here, but IB's the computer god, not me. The red dot on the handlbar is a bell....if you heard it, it meant to get out of my way or you might get hurt by 40+ pounds of bike and 230 pounds of padded up downhiller. Fortunately, almost everyone said they heard it out in front of them so it wasn't an issue.

Read and enjoy, and I welcome questions or comments. Noel, as if you didn't know, fantastic work on this thing, and I can't wait for more to come out.
    Great review, it really made me remember how much I enjoyed my V-tach the first time I rode it.

I am happy to report that a year later I still have as much excitement on this wonderful bike.

mtbr member

Stiffness...

Its hard to explain lateral stiffness to someone who hasn't been on this bike, or a bike like this. Bermed corners at high speed felt more stable than anything I've ever ridden. I'd really like to try DH with this bike and a Rocco, as Noel said that for purely downhill, its very plush. Without a platform, however, climbing might be an issue, but as I stated in my review, if you are climbing a lot with this bike, get something else... JMHO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    . Without a platform, however, climbing might be an issue, but as I stated in my review, if you are climbing a lot with this bike, get something else... JMHO.

LOL, are you aware that there was a group of 10 V-tach owners that took part in a race called the test of metal? It is an XC event with a ridiculous amount of climbing.

www.testofmetal.com

One of them even did the event with his 13lb Monster T on the front! Another finished 3rd in his age group I believe. Sure, the XC guys passed him on the climbs, but he rode through them on the way down. Even had a course marshall yell at him for his descending escapades!

As a V-tach owner you should consider doing this event with us next year......

mtbr member

Ya, OK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 006_007

As a V-tach owner you should consider doing this event with us next year......
    Um, do you have a 5'10" BOB Trailer and an oxygen tank?