mtbr member

Trying to choose between 2 Color options for new bike

Hello. I am getting a new bike and can't decide what color to order. There are 2 choices available with the model I want.

1. BLACK

OR

2. BONEWHITE

My last bike was White and it was great except for every little mark that showed and stained on the paint [ plus all the chips and things ].

Anyways I ve choosen the model I want but cant decide what is the best color to go with! I like both of them! What is the better COLOR? PLEASE HELP

Thanks alot

Anyhelp is good!
    Last edited by WORKMAN; 08-02-2006 at 09:18 PM.
    I LOVE TIRES!

local trails rider
    Black
    just preference, no particular reason.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by WORKMAN
    Hello. I am getting a new bike and can't decide what color to order. There are 2 choices available with the model I want.

1. BLACK

OR

2. BONEWHITE

My last bike was White and it was great except for every little mark that showed and stained on the paint [ plus all the chips and things ].

Anyways I ve choosen the model I want but cant decide what is the best color to go with! I like both of them! What is the better COLOR? PLEASE HELP

Thanks alot

Anyhelp is good!
    Bonewhite. my norco is bonewhite and i love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

Student
    what model are u getting?
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Hey Dude. The Norco model I am ordering is the Rival. I see you've got the Bonewhite edition there. Thats cool man! What a coincidence eh.

For some reason yours looks different than the 2006. It appears that way to me anyway!
    What year is your BIKE?

These are the 2006 versions
    I LOVE TIRES!

Student
    its an 06
    i love it, its a sweet bike. i upgraded the brakes on it im running avid bb7's with 6" rotors and i have the avid speed dial 7 levers as well, i baught all that stuff at price point

mtbr member
    Good stuff man! I just had a bike ripped off from my residence and are doing a Insurance replacement. I ve checked out many models and really like the NORCO bikes. My last ride was Full Suspension but I might have to go Hardtail because of prices. I dont do a bunch of dirt jumping but I ride lots of trails and do lots of commuting [ on road stuff ]. So this bike should do the trick anyway. Have you checked out the CHAOS?

I think I might go with the BLACK but have this thought that it will just chip away really bad in the first year. White always stays nice!
    I LOVE TIRES!

Student
    i saw ur other thread about the paint and i have taken some nasty spills on my rival and i actually broke my wrist bout 3 1/2 months ago on it(been back riding for a while now) and the paint has been great. the only thing i have done and u cant see it in the pic that i posted is i created my own lizard skin fot the chainstay b/c i do all sorts of stuff with the bike, ramps, skate park, drops, dj(small lol) and all mountain/ cross country and the chain likes to slap the chain stay alot.

Student
    see i love hardtails and i dont really like inexpensive full suspension bikes, so i dont like the chaos. it hase relitivly the same parts as the rival and me being a hardail lover i would not by the chaos myself. but the rival is the "jack of all trades".

mtbr member
    I could go with the WOLVERINE. I wonder if it would be much different when comparing them in stock form?

I do alot of on road and basic XC trail riding but still like to freeride AND do some hucks. The look of the Wolv's frame appeals to me, but looks dont make the bike!
    I LOVE TIRES!

mtbr member
    Some of the 2007 Models are available for purchase right now. I know the Rival is one of them!
    Last edited by WORKMAN; 08-23-2006 at 01:06 AM.
    I LOVE TIRES!

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by WORKMAN
    I could go with the WOLVERINE. I wonder if it would be much different when comparing them in stock form?

I do alot of on road and basic XC trail riding but still like to freeride AND do some hucks. The look of the Wolv's frame appeals to me, but looks dont make the bike!
    i test rode the wolverine and honestly didnt like it to much. like i said i huck with my rival, it takes it just fine

Steve
    Jul 2006
    go with the Rival. While the Wolverine may look strong, the rival is stronger. And the parts on the wolverine arent nearly as good as the parts on the rival

Steve
    Jul 2006
    CrazyRick i realise that your rivals frame is on way more of a slant than the rivals in the pictures fro mthe website. How did yours end up like that? yours looks way better. is it a different frame size or something?

mtbr member

Ended up getting a 2006 Sasquatch

Hows it going. I figured I would end this thread by stating which Norco I purchased. I ended up with a 06 Sasquatch and got it for a good price. The bike is amazing! The geometry is wicked and even though I am not using it a bunch for it's intended purpose [ SHORE STYLE ] I am still impressed with the bike how it cruises trails and whatnot. The best bike I ve had!

Thanks
    Last edited by WORKMAN; 08-26-2006 at 08:06 PM.
    I LOVE TIRES!