mtbr member

Suggest a Heavy Duty XC Hardtail for me..

I'm looking for a new hard tail. I'd like a 69 head, with a 73 seat tube angle, with a 24" top tube and at least a 43.5" TT (or longer) to use with a 5" front fork. Need a lot of rear chain stay room for at least a 2.3 or BIGGER rear tire. I don't do big drops, and I also climb with it, so a HD XC frame would be fine, not a heavy frame. Need a lower TT. I'll build it up myself. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    SB
    We told you 650b rocks! Riding converted RFX for years!

Born of Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    I'm looking for a new hard tail. I'd like a 69 head, with a 73 seat tube angle, with a 24" top tube and at least a 43.5" TT (or longer) to use with a 5" front fork. Need a lot of rear chain stay room for at least a 2.3 or BIGGER rear tire. I don't do big drops, and I also climb with it, so a HD XC frame would be fine, not a heavy frame. Need a lower TT. I'll build it up myself. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    SB
    Have you looked a A Rocky Mountain Flow?

customized
    Sep 2003
    I'd be all over a Flow also if I was building that sort of bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    What about a Banshee Scirocco?

mtbr member

I will..

Quote Originally Posted by pufdup
    Have you looked a A Rocky Mountain Flow?
    Thanks. Looks like a good one. If I could only figure out what the BB height is instead of the 'drop'....
    Do you have one? What do you like about them? RM is a little unknown in these parts...
    Thanks
    Bob

mtbr member

That looks good......

Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    What about a Banshee Scirocco?

Oh, I like that one. The BB bracket seems a little low though........thanks for the suggestion. How's their quality and build finish?
    SB

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've never owned a Banshee myself, but I know a few people that ride them. From what I've seen, the frames are top quality, durable and well designed. I've only heard good things about the warranty and customer service dept.

Definitely worth a look...

Born of Fire
    Thanks. Looks like a good one. If I could only figure out what the BB height is instead of the 'drop'....
    Do you have one? What do you like about them? RM is a little unknown in these parts...
    Thanks
    Bob
    I don't ride a Flow but I do ride a RM Slayer. I have ridden with someone who owns a Flow and he loves it. I think Rocky Mountain builds bikes that can take a beating. They're built in Canada also. Check their website, you might be able to find the specs you're looking for.

mtbr member

Thanks guys.....

[QUOTE=Spongebob]I'm looking for a new hard tail. I'd like a 69 head, with a 73 seat tube angle, with a 24" top tube and at least a 43.5" TT (or longer) to use with a 5" front fork.

I'll be checking out the Scirocco and the Flow....thanks for your help.
    Bob

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Check out the dekerf implant and the Peyto Wild bill. Both steel and hand-made in Canada.

the flow and scirroco look great but I'll pick steel everytime, the ride quality is worth a little extra money and weights aren't that different compared.

Pictures of my dekerf implant in the dekerf thread.... Love that bike....

Thanks
    SB

mtbr member

Thanks you all, ....I'm going with Banshee Scirroco

Thanks
    SB
    I've looked around and spoke to Jay at Banshee. What a great guy. Spoke to me extensively. And I'm buying through Larry Mettler at Mountain High Cyclery in Colorado. What a smokin' deal on a 2004 all disc frame!

Thanks for all your input, I like this geometry the best.

Bob