Inrideo est vita

No good Someone is gonna lose their job over this....

So Devinci has these wicked new bikes right?
    All the FS MTBs are 4-bar linkage (except the 2 single pivot bikes) which entails approx 9 models.
    Apparently someone didn't ask Specialized if they could use the patent... cause as of last week there are disclaimers up on every 4-bar bike picture stating they are "NOT AVAILABLE IN THE USA".

This was supposed to be Devinci's big year, now there will be almost no sales in the USA outside of road bikes and hardtails. Ya just know someone is gonna lose their job over this....

Check it out at http://www.devinci.com/english/allmo...bikes2004.html
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    It looks like the ICT patent and not the Horst link patent. The pivot is in line with the wheel centre and not below like the Horst links.
    Last edited by Braids; 03-02-2004 at 02:07 PM. Reason: ICT patent not ICS patent

1946:2006:2066

not sure which patent they are violating...but...

when I first read of the Banzai in a bike mag ( not MBA ) I wondered how they were going
    to sell their new line of bikes in the USA. I even emailed them regarding this very issue.
    This was about four months ago. Never heard a word from them.

Hmmm

My answer is on their web site.

michael

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    sucks to be them. Looks like a bad year for Devinci, considering I do not see that many of them on the trails. Hope they can sell their **** overseas atleast

is this thing on?
    I wondered what was up with the not for sale in the U.S. disclaimer. I'm buying a Guzzler with some up grades, I think. it's definetaly not the Horst link, and has nothing to do with specialized I'm sure. what the issue is I don't know, but I'd guess it has something to do with Turner. the Guzzler/Magma/Banzai are a fairly run of the mill 4 bar, simmiler to the turner/elsworth linkage, not to be confused with the Kona/rocky/Giant NRS style with the rear drop pivot on the seat stay as apposed on the chain stay as with Turner/Elsworth.

The Wilson/Ollie/8-flat-8 are a very intresting linkage system, If I was in the market for a full on free rider, I'd take a look at one. sat on one at it seems like you could actualy peddle the thing, of you are inclined to swing that way.

sweet bikes but (speeking Guzzler/Magma/Banzai here) way under spec'ed for a 5 inch travel, all arounder, IMO.
    I hope they sort this out.

Inrideo est vita

... and if we just ... Shameless self promotion

A closer look at the 4-bar:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

1946:2006:2066

nice...promote away...

What's printed on the decal inside the left chain stay?

michael

Inrideo est vita
    Ta-da!
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member

Actually....

Quote Originally Posted by SSteel
    So Devinci has these wicked new bikes right?
    All the FS MTBs are 4-bar linkage (except the 2 single pivot bikes) which entails approx 9 models.
    Apparently someone didn't ask Specialized if they could use the patent... cause as of last week there are disclaimers up on every 4-bar bike picture stating they are "NOT AVAILABLE IN THE USA".

This was supposed to be Devinci's big year, now there will be almost no sales in the USA outside of road bikes and hardtails. Ya just know someone is gonna lose their job over this....

Check it out at http://www.devinci.com/english/allmo...bikes2004.html
    Even the hardtails are not available in the USA.
    Check out under freeride the hucker. I own one and would not sell it... its an amazing bike with a bullet proof frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto
    I wondered what was up with the not for sale in the U.S. disclaimer. I'm buying a Guzzler with some up grades, I think. it's definetaly not the Horst link, and has nothing to do with specialized I'm sure. what the issue is I don't know, but I'd guess it has something to do with Turner. the Guzzler/Magma/Banzai are a fairly run of the mill 4 bar, simmiler to the turner/elsworth linkage, not to be confused with the Kona/rocky/Giant NRS style with the rear drop pivot on the seat stay as apposed on the chain stay as with Turner/Elsworth.
    Do you know what you're talking about?!

Specialized owns the Horst patent & Ellsworth owns the ICT patent - this has nothing to do with Turner.

Not sure what Giant NRS's you've been looking at, but they all have chain stay pivots not seat stay pivots.

VIA
    banned
    03 DeVinci Guzzler...
    Love it while it works...realy nice bike to freeride, drops, jumps, stair gaps...pedal great too...well, realy like this frame but to bad snapp on a 7-8 Fts to flat...and I was told about this.. this frame is no to use with a DC fork... and that can't be more right...