mtbr member

slightly OT: race face

hey folks, i'm trying to contact race face about a warranty issue...
    my email(s) to them hasn't been returned, nor has my voice mail. oddly their phone recording talks about being out-of-the-office on such and such a date in november?! fwiw i tried both an 800 number and a direct 604 number from their website.

anyway, seeing as how they're in BC, and i'm down south a bit in colorado, just thought i'd poke my head in the canadian bike forum to see if anybody knew how to reach them?

thanks in advance.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

is this thing on?
    could you imagian how much time they would spend on the phone if they talked to every one who has a warranty issue. get a warranty number from the website and send in your part. they are very good about these things. I sent in a BB from china and it was back at my B.C. address in under two weeks, good as new.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto
    could you imagian how much time they would spend on the phone if they talked to every one who has a warranty issue.
    um, hopefully not that much time, or maybe i should be looking at easton...

customer service includes (or should include) answering the phone once in a while. i've talked to SRAM, specialized, spinergy, and intense reps in the past, so i don't see why RF should be any different.

the deal is i simply need to know if "lifetime warranty" includes crash replacement? the LBS where i purchased this bar is no longer around, so i don't want to waste anybodys time if the warranty is only for manufacturer defects.

-

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    the deal is i simply need to know if "lifetime warranty" includes crash replacement? the LBS where i purchased this bar is no longer around, so i don't want to waste anybodys time if the warranty is only for manufacturer defects.
    It doesn't sound like they have a crash replacement program for their bars, also bars are either 1 or 3 years depending on model, not lifetime.

http://www.raceface.com/tech/inst/Ge...ar%20sheet.pdf

Edit: waranty lengths on their older model bars
    http://www.raceface.com/warranty/confirmation.html

mtbr member

thanks for the reply/links

actually the carbon bars have lifetime warranty...

no matter, i'm gonna try the new CNT carbon bar from easton, which claims to be ridiculously stronger than others.

back to your regularly scheduled canadian bikes programming.
    -

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Oops, I didn't even look at the carbon bar info, I just assumed you were talking about an aluminum bar. I have no idea why.

Ya, it is probably worth contacting them some how.