Thread: Slayer Bushings

Group Hug Participant

New question here. Slayer Bushings

Anyone had their Slayer bushings replaced yet? I'm noticing slight play on my BB pivot and linkage plates on my '02.
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

LBS Manager

I dont own one but

my friend dos and I looked at his and the main pivot by the bb looks like it has a cartraige bearing not a bushing. So it might just need to be properly tourqued and the hardware greased but the outher pivots are definatly bushings. They are simple to change out and should proably be done every couple of years to keep things good and snug. You might want to check the bushings in the rear shock eyelets as well.

Group Hug Participant
    Thanks, I was planning on having everything done at a LBS, since I can't order directly from RM. The BB pivot is definitely bigger than the bushings, so that might be the case. Yeah, I haven't touched any bushing since owning the bike. I'm betting that replacing everything will solidify the bike nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    my friend dos and I looked at his and the main pivot by the bb looks like it has a cartraige bearing not a bushing. So it might just need to be properly tourqued and the hardware greased but the outher pivots are definatly bushings. They are simple to change out and should proably be done every couple of years to keep things good and snug. You might want to check the bushings in the rear shock eyelets as well.
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

LBS Manager

It will feel brand new

If you change all the bushings including the ones in the rear shock eyelets all at once the bike or at least the rear linkage will feel like new again.
    Good luck, the main pivot also has a grease port you can squirt some new grease in there every couple of mounths to keep the main pivot running smooth for years to come.

livin' large
    Check the bushing at the rear end of the shock, It was a major pain for me not long ago, if you change the aluminum reducers for a stainless T-sleeve (availble from FOX) it tightens the whole rig up (and change the bush at the same time). As for the bearings I've had no Issues andI'm going on a year and half of (ab)use.

Also periodically check to make sure all the bolts are snugged up, I've had a couple slowly loosen up over time.
    it tied the room together man!