mtbr member

Slayer 30 weight

Just noticed my Slayer 30 weighs a lot more than the 70. Where is the majority of the weight coming from if both bikes share the same frame? I wouldnt mind lightening my bike up a bit...

Born of Fire
    Get a lighter fork.

Group Hug Participant

You do the math

1. Spec out every single piece on your bike, right down to the chain link, 2. Figure current replacement cost of what you have 3. Multiply this cost x 3. 4. Purchase and replace new parts according to this price. 5. Ta da! your bike is lighter along with your wallet

RM
    Sep 2004
    The crank set on the 70 is a bit lighter, along with the bars, stem,seat post it all adds up. I recently test rode a ext 50 and slayer 70. I couldnt belive it but the slayer felt just as light as the ext. And after ridding both for good time the slayer also felt faster to both my friend and I. Needless to say i bought the slayer, and at a great end of the season price. Just my to cents.

Do You Like To Climb?
    Sep 2004
    LBS popped my new Slayer 70 on their digital scale and it was 29.8 pounds with the required reflectors and stupid water bottle and cage. I took off both but added the cateye enduro computer.

I went to the store to purchase a couple tubes and walked out with a new bike. . . . wow. . . . learned later that this '04 model bike appears to be an early model and uses many '03 spec components. oh well. . .still nice bike. big improvement over my c'dale super v 900