Thread: RM Vertex 30

Mangina?

RM Vertex 30

What is this bike like as a whole does anyone have any thoughts they could share?

I am wanting it for commuting, and weekend riding... have also looked over the Commencal Supernormal, but am in two minds about which brand to select...

ups and downs

Nice choice for a hardtail

The Vertex 30 and 50 share the same frame, just component differences between them, so the 30 gives you a decent upgrade path if you want to go that route. It also has a decent Race Face, Deore and Deore XT component group out of the box.

I've ridden a Vertex (same as a 70) for about 5 years now and I like the handling and the frame quality is top notch (the paint is terrific). The only difference between the frame geometry of the Vertex 30 and my Vertex is the 30/50 have a slightly slacker head angle to work with the 105mm fork and they have a shorter horizontal top tube length by 10mm (590mm instead of 600mm).

It's worthwhile giving them each a test ride to get a sense of the handling characteristics and see which one is the best match to your riding style.

Mangina?
    well finally went out today and decided to buy myself a RM Hammer, instead of the vertex 30... it just felt nice... got some slicks on her and now i just need to paint a go faster stripe down my forehead!