Thread: rm slayer

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

rm slayer

who has experience with this bike? i'm in southern cal, and have never had a chance to demo one, but it looks damn cool and has a nice, simple suspension design. would it do well on long fire-road climbs and some loose, steep descents? (i'm a little worried about the sort-of steep head angle- how does this affect its performance downhill?) finally, can anyone compare it with the usual suspects (heckler, 5 spot, etc)? thanks for your help,
    jordan

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have a Slayer, Its a great bike, I haven't taken on wide open smooth downhills (none in CT), but on techinal trail no matter if your going up or down the bike handles great. I was surprised how nimble it was in tight trails and how it soaks up small and large hits. Will it be to steep for fast downhills, possibly, but it will out climb and out turn any DH bike
    Sorry I can't compare to any other FS other than an old LTS 1 which it blows away

keep the shiny side up!
    where in socal are you?
    pasadena cyclery is doing a demo day on sat May 1 with demo bikes from trek and rocky. plus they also have demo bikes for you to take out over a weekend. look them up and check it out.

i have a slayer and it does not have a steep head angle. i have had a lot of fun on mine.