mtbr member
    Jan 2004

RM Blizzard problems

I have a 2005 RM Blizzard and I loved it when I got the first it. But my first ones frame bent and they sent me a new frame and now my warranty frame has bent. Has any one else had any problems with the new Blizzard?

I am not thinking about getting a Cove Handjob. Has any one had any problems with that bending?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

mtbr member
    what are you doing when the frame bends? The blizzard is a pretty devoted xc frame, if you are doing Dj'ing on it you might have an issue. Where is it bending? Do you have pics?
    "Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by canada17
    what are you doing when the frame bends? The blizzard is a pretty devoted xc frame, if you are doing Dj'ing on it you might have an issue. Where is it bending? Do you have pics?

The frame is used for just XC. That is the only thing it has ever been used for. The frame is bending at the drive side drop out. It is the weirdest thing even my LBS says that its weird.

MT rider
    Jan 2004

New question here. Pix please

Quote Originally Posted by dpconley
    I have a 2005 RM Blizzard and I loved it when I got the first it. But my first ones frame bent and they sent me a new frame and now my warranty frame has bent. Has any one else had any problems with the new Blizzard?

I am not thinking about getting a Cove Handjob. Has any one had any problems with that bending?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
    Ya mind pls post some pics of the bent frame? As a Blizzard fan, I'm really interested in knowing more about this issue and who knows, we might help ya figure out the cause / problem? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Turns out my axel was bent and it caused uneven stress on the drop outs which caused it to bend. So the wheel is getting fixed and the frame is being fixed so it should be all good. I will let you know if not.

I love my Blizzard so I hope this does the trick.

MT rider
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dpconley
    Turns out my axel was bent and it caused uneven stress on the drop outs which caused it to bend. So the wheel is getting fixed and the frame is being fixed so it should be all good. I will let you know if not.

I love my Blizzard so I hope this does the trick.
    Thanks. Think it does make sense - a lot indeed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    So Let me get this straight. You have gotten three warranty replacement frames because of a bent axle? You owe the warranty guys at RM a thank you if not the money to buy those frames. A bent axle is not a manufacturing defect.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It was only one frame. My LBS never checked the axel. Trust me they will receive a thank you.