Thread: remix anyone?

huh?

remix anyone?

i'm deciding between a devinci remix sl and a cdale prophet, but so few people own a remix its hard to see what they are like without owning it. is there someone out there to hook me up, either last years remix or the 07's?
    any input is much appreciated. why is it that only an italian magazine has a review of it.
    thxs

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Go for the remix

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_miguel
    i'm deciding between a devinci remix sl and a cdale prophet, but so few people own a remix its hard to see what they are like without owning it. is there someone out there to hook me up, either last years remix or the 07's?
    any input is much appreciated. why is it that only an italian magazine has a review of it.
    thxs

i've one since 2004 (earlier are called banzai), pretty cool frame, very solid, horstlink word as advertised, rear triangle is laterally stiffer than many other bikes i'Ve used, needle bearing made a great job, Devinci craftman ship is awesome.

The 2007, frame is lighter as 25mm less travel more on the enduro marathon side than true all-mountain for this the hectik does the job.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Go Remix!

Hey!

I ride the '05 remix 5 and love it. I've got it set up as a trail bike- wt is approx 30lbs. I ride mainly aggressive xc with some urban drops 3-4 ft and the occaisional lift day. I've also xc raced on it with a satisfying result so this bike can do everything for those of us who can only afford one bike. Have had no problems other than incorrect cable routing. Recommend adjustable suspension as I take full advantage of my marz eta. Frame is still tight with no play or mystery noise even after some winter riding. I'm one satisfied customer!

Any other remix lovers out there?

huh?
    whats it like compared to other bikes on the trail. i do mostly ggressive xc too

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Smile Remix ride

I went from a rocky hammer race hardtail to my remix and it made me feel like a hero which has gotten me in trouble at times! I haven't ridden any other 5" and 5" trial bikes so hard for me to compare. All I know is I'm a lot faster on my remix and people I've ridden with before and after have noticed. I have no problem keeping a good pace on climbs (marz eta helps) bob not noticable unless hammering out of saddle and traction great. Assuming suspension set up right for you the bike has a nice balance of firm pedeling platform with nice bump absorbsion which definetly has me going faster on the downhills. I switched to wider handlebars and went to a shorter stem which work better for me and the type of riding I do. I'm going to try a 6" fork Marz all mt 1 and see if this works better for me -going to hold on to my marz pro comp eta if it doesn't feel right-. The frame has taken verything I've dished out without complaint. So if you're riding includes a combo of long climbs with technical descents, some drops and some singletrack I just can't see going wrong with a remix. Hope this helps.

huh?
    is there good back tire clearance for when it gets really muddy?
    thanks for writing by the way, its so hard to find remix owners.
    i live in southern ontario where threr is really twisty and wooded
    trails, do you feel the bike is well suited for this stuff?
    why you thinkin about a different fork? of all the "all mountain"
    bikes i rode, the remix and the cdale prophet are my favs. the only advantage to the prophet is the sweet lefty and the adjustable geometry. the later not being very important.
    you mentioned hammerig causes bob, is that on climbs or flat? thxs

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Errazib

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_miguel
    is there good back tire clearance for when it gets really muddy?
    thanks for writing by the way, its so hard to find remix owners.
    i live in southern ontario where threr is really twisty and wooded
    trails, do you feel the bike is well suited for this stuff?
    why you thinkin about a different fork? of all the "all mountain"
    bikes i rode, the remix and the cdale prophet are my favs. the only advantage to the prophet is the sweet lefty and the adjustable geometry. the later not being very important.
    you mentioned hammerig causes bob, is that on climbs or flat? thxs
    the bike have been designed in quebec, here the terrain is twisty, wooded and very rocky

i ride with friend that have specialized FSR 120 designed in california and their bb when seated on the bike is about 0.5-1 inch lower than mine, so they smash the pedals everywere on rocks, not me, with talas or revelation/pike you have travel adjust too.. There is no bob on my remix....i ride swinger 4 way air back and pike 454 air uturn front..

cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Riding the Remix

Hey!

Rear tire clearance is minimal so will pack up if mud is tackey. I live in Kamloops BC and mud is relatively rare. Not sure if Devinci made any changes to this for 06 or 07 mine's the 05. Max tire is 2.35.

I feel some bob out of the saddle on the climbs but I don't do this much. When my shock (Fox Talus) goes I'll switch to the Fox RP23 as I think the former pro pedal options will eliminate bob.

I've got the 6' Marz all mt. 1 on and I 've done a couple winter urban rides. It rocks! Way stiffer and more plush than my mx pro, handles the drops / stairs I do more smoothly (can't wait to hit the decents) and with max adjustment I can reduce travel and / or lock out for tight sections, long climbs or pavement. All this with a minial weight penalty. So if your riding is a little more on the light freeride side vs. the xc / trail side then consider a 6" fork just make sure you can adjust the travel for the climbs - makes a huge difference.

Ride on!

fear this
    My riding buddy has a blue Remix 3 and he seems to kick my ass everywhere. Very good bike and haven't had any problems with it.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie, some goodies to lighten 'er up

huh?
    whats your ride? have you ever tried his before?
    i'm thinkin if i dont see a 2006 model at the show here in toronto
    im gonna order an 07 remix sl. it seems better suited forme, more xc and lighter yet hopefully just as tough for my nasty crashes and rough
    grounds. i just wish they come clearcoated instead of paint

fear this
    I think it's an outstanding bike. The component spec is respectable and the bike is light for its size and looks. I think my friend's bike has 6" travel in the back and 5+ in the front. We've taken it down the North Shore before and the bike eats it up. Seems to climb very well also. The nice thing about these frames is that they utilize needle bearings in the suspension pivots instead of cartridge bearings. My all mountain ride is a Gary Fisher Sugar+ and it has cartridge bearings. Big difference in feel. My freeride is also a Devinci (Ollie), and my buddy made me a believer.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie, some goodies to lighten 'er up

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Hi, looking at a REMIX SL 4 for a 5'3" female friend of mine.... any opinions? Too much bike for rocky trail use?

Wondering about sizing too, she'd go for an XS.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I think as long as she is able to set-up the bike for the best fit, the remix is an excellent choice. She will be able to do any type of riding - versitility is definetly the strength of the remix. Love my 05 remix -its evolved from a light x/c to a beefier trail / light free ride and may go back again as I'm thinking of doing a couple xc races this summer. So I see the remix as a long term ride that can adjust as my tastes change. So if she's not sure what type of riding she may end up doing, the remix will leave all the doors open.

mtbr member
    The team ready for a race in ITALY !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yep, i got one of those, here he is! Like it very much everywhere!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    How much travel do the new Remix SL's have? Are they like the old Remix's and have 145mm? Or are they less?

mtbr member
    The travel is 130 mm, with a rear damper of 200 mm eye to eye.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The Remix SL :
    Front: 130mm
    Rear: 130mm

The ''old Remix'':
    Front: 130mm
    Rear: 145mm
    Last edited by Jass; 06-04-2007 at 05:06 AM.