govt kontrakt projkt mgr

Really want one of these

'O4 King Kikapu. Why is this a Canadian bike. Perhaps I need to research their website better--but even the interview on the fan site says they're from Washington state.
    Maybe when I return from the Global WOT--by then the prices might be knocked down somewhat.
    Well not here in HI--they prob won't even stock a 2500$ bike unless the customer orders it.

It would be my first full suspension. Wonder if the 05s are going to look as sweet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ArmySlowRdr; 12-31-2003 at 12:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Kona has their roots in Canada, but also has a presence in Washington now.

dispensing truthiness

the story

Here is the abridged story:

Rocky Mountain was formed in the early/mid '80's by some Vancouver BC bike shop guys and quickly became the wet coast Canadian bike company. Kona, along with Syncros, Brodie, DeKerf, and Race Face, were all started by either owners/founders or employees/contractors to Rocky.

Initially Kona (then called "The Bicycle Group") was located in Vancouver. They set up a US office in Blaine WA (that's the border town between Vancouver and Seattle) so they could do business on both sides of the border. They subsequently moved the US office to Ferndale WA where it is today along with their warehouse.

As a side note, many of the non-Hawaiian/volcano named bikes are named after real people. Jake the Snake, The Bear, Dr. Dew, etc.

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting this short little history. Good Stuff!

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    I was going to post a link to the history of Kona, Rocky Mountain & Cove, but the Mtn Bike Hall of Fame site is down right now.
    If anyone knows someone there, email them and let them know their web site is down.
    The Mtn Bike Hall of Fame site is Back up.

The British Columbians (Pioneers)

To legit to quit

weak

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    'O4 King Kikapu. Why is this a Canadian bike. Perhaps I need to research their website better--but even the interview on the fan site says they're from Washington state.
    Maybe when I return from the Global WOT--by then the prices might be knocked down somewhat.
    Well not here in HI--they prob won't even stock a 2500$ bike unless the customer orders it.

It would be my first full suspension. Wonder if the 05s are going to look as sweet.
    i know a guy that had one and cracked the chainstay.