Group Hug Participant

Good job! PUSHED Slayer Rules!

Had my first ride last night on the Pushed Float. What an awesome experience! I could've stayed out all night. It was almost like riding the Slayer for the very first time!

To be honest, I thought I might have been throwing my money away by doing this since I didn't really know what to expect. All I'm gonna say for now is, "Me So Happy!"

mtbr member

So what do you like about it?

And I don't pretend to know much about suspension. But it's been two years, I should at least have my Fox Float R overhauled, and am debating the extra investment for Push upgrade. I'm sure it will benefit climbing, but I'm a little leary after reading about big hits being "missed" by the suspension platform. This was the big downfall of the Specialized Epic Brain, or so I read.

FM
    luxatio erecta

Good job!

Cool man! where did you ride? Sorry we missed you...

My last FS bike before the turner was a titus switchblade with the long travel kit. 5.7 with an air shock did some weird things... bob wasn't too bad but the shock would squat like crazy on steep climbs. especially since I had a Z1 on the front so it was pretty choppered out. Anyway i decided to sell the frame, but in retrospect a push'd shock would have totally fixed it. Too bad cause it was a really nice frame otherwise. So, you may have actually saved yourself some money!

Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    Had my first ride last night on the Pushed Float. What an awesome experience! I could've stayed out all night. It was almost like riding the Slayer for the very first time!

To be honest, I thought I might have been throwing my money away by doing this since I didn't really know what to expect. All I'm gonna say for now is, "Me So Happy!"

Group Hug Participant
    Rode dash pt. Thurs. after sitting in 1-1/2 hrs. of shitty ass traffic, all the time wondering if this shock upgrade was worth it. I'll try to make it out to tiger next week.

Whats nice is that there's just enough sag/travel to smooth everything out. With the Float RL, having it locked out made for a bouncy ride. I hardly notice any bouncing on the flats at all. Once rested on the platform, I can really crank, with no bob whatsoever. Uphill, same thing.

It's amazing how how much energy is wasted with a bobbing shock. Like I said, I could've rode all night. Downhills are even better once you've busted past the dampening threshold. Others have claimed that they can "track" better. Defininetly true!

I haven't experimented with any drops or wheelie hops yet. I don't think it'll be a problem though.

Final conclusion at this point is that this is the PERFECT upgrade for this bike. Well worth it!

what...?

Good job! Push rules....!

After 4 yrs of bouncing and boinging all over thetrail on my ElementSC, 'pushing' the shock was the best upgrade I ever did ever. The bike just flows uphills now, alot less effort to climb suddenly! Downhill feels kinda the same, and the flats are much faster.
    I ride alot of rooty, bumpy, up and down terrain and it has signifigantly increased my riding pleasure!!
    Highly reccomended!!!!!!!!!

keep the shiny side up!
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz

what did i tell you!

Group Hug Participant
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat_Head
    what did i tell you!
    Yeah Man! Thanks for the info.