mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Post your ETSX setups

I got a 03 ETSX-30. Mine is basically stock expcept i got a Geax Sturdy rear tire and Bontrager ACX -B front tire. i just bought a swinger 3 way air rear shock to replace my SID Race. i will try to post a pic of the bike later. please post picks of yours.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

AVA setup

What air presure are you running with your AVA rear shock? I just finished building up a ETSX 50 frame and I weigh 150 lbs. I tried 150 psi with the AVA shock but I was getting too much sag and it felt really soft. I pumped the shock up to 175 psi and it still felt a little soft. How are other riders setting up their rear shocks? I'm comparing the feel of the ETSX to my old bike which was a Santa Cruz Heckler with a Fox Float rear shock. I was using 150 psi with this bike and the shock felt a lot stiffer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by puckhead
    What air presure are you running with your AVA rear shock? I just finished building up a ETSX 50 frame and I weigh 150 lbs. I tried 150 psi with the AVA shock but I was getting too much sag and it felt really soft. I pumped the shock up to 175 psi and it still felt a little soft. How are other riders setting up their rear shocks? I'm comparing the feel of the ETSX to my old bike which was a Santa Cruz Heckler with a Fox Float rear shock. I was using 150 psi with this bike and the shock felt a lot stiffer.
    I've got the AVA locked out full and pumped to 150 psi. I weigh approximately 11.5 stone (sorry don't know what that is in US lbs) and it gives me about 25% sag in the 3.5" travel setting. It's been alright so far but then I've not had the bike that long so I might change it at some point.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

no pic yet, but...

ETSX 50 orange frame. Sram rocket shifters with XTR derailleurs. FSA carbon cranks with Ti BB. Hayes carbon/TI brakeset. American classic/Stans rims, alloy nips, revo 15/17 spokes, tubeless with WTB weirwolf 2.3's. Carbon woodman seatpost, Ti terry saddle. Thompson stem, chris King H-set. Hope wave rotors. XTR cassette,12-34. Ti/Ti expedo pedals. Salsa Ti QR's and seat QR. TI shock bolt. Easton monkeylite carbon h-bar, ODi lock on grips. -26 lbs. SWEETNESS. Swinger 3 on the way., Ti shock bolts on the way, still searching for the right ones.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004