mtbr member
    May 2006

Pivot torques for an 05 Devinci Remix

Doing maintenance on my ride before the snow melts, everything is pretty straight forward except one area. Pivot maintenance. Anyone here have any idea what the proper torques are for the Remix pivot bolts? The Devinci website is no help and doesn't have any contact info. A search didn't give me torques for my Remix. Google didn't help either. Any help with this would be appreciated.

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhs
    Doing maintenance on my ride before the snow melts, everything is pretty straight forward except one area. Pivot maintenance. Anyone here have any idea what the proper torques are for the Remix pivot bolts? The Devinci website is no help and doesn't have any contact info. A search didn't give me torques for my Remix. Google didn't help either. Any help with this would be appreciated.

HA... well... good luck with that one!
    I've been having the same problem with getting information on my 2005 Magma which is basically the same frame as yours. Devinci makes some awesome bikes but generally their Customer Service blows.

One of my other bikes is a Chilipepper and it uses the same basic frame tri-angle but with a single pivot rear. The bearings they used in it are the same as the Remix & Magma series of frames. I managed to save that Technical Manual off their website before they did a major overhaul on it and removed all that data.
    What it says for torques values for that frame is 25-30 in/lbs.

I emailed and snail mailed them to get a copy of the Technical manual for the Magma (and Remix) style frames but have had no luck what so ever.

Below is their contact info which for some reason they like to keep top secret.
    Legal Name: Cycles Devinci Inc.
    Operating Name: Cycles Devinci Inc.

Mailing Address
    1555, rue Manic
    CHICOUTIMI, Quebec
    G7K 1G8

Location Address
    1555, rue Manic
    CHICOUTIMI, Quebec
    G7K 1G8

Telephone: (418) 549-6218
    Toll Free Phone: (888) 338-4624
    Fax: (418) 549-3991
    Email: bike@devinci.com
    Website URL: http://www.devinci.com

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Pubcrawl, thanks for the reply and the contact info. Like you said they make great bikes but it makes no sense in this day and age to have no info as far as owners and technical manuals, let alone contact information, available on the web. Strange. I will try the email address you gave me and if that doesn't work I'll check with the closest lbs that sells Devincis. Hopefully they will share the info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I've this info at home

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhs

I'll came back with this tomorrow

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That would be great ErrAzlb. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

here it is

nm

pm me if you want the complete techmanual but it is in french
    Attached Images Attached Images

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrAzIb
    nm

pm me if you want the complete techmanual but it is in french

Sent you a PM for the complete manual.

Thanks!

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sent you a PM as well
    Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2006
    ErrAzlb, thanks very much for the manual.