Thread: Opus

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Opus

Does anybody have a Opus road bike?? I'm thinking about buying a road bike this summer.. well i've been thinking about it for awhile, but hopefully this summer I will finally have a "REAL" job so I can finally buy some of the toys that i've wanted during my past 5 years at university..... a road bike and maybe a new mountain bike are on the list.

livin' large
    a firend of mine does, he says the specs for the price are great, but the frame quality isn't so hot, he bought it for the parts to put on an other frame/fork
    it tied the room together man!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    Does anybody have a Opus road bike?? I'm thinking about buying a road bike this summer.. well i've been thinking about it for awhile, but hopefully this summer I will finally have a "REAL" job so I can finally buy some of the toys that i've wanted during my past 5 years at university..... a road bike and maybe a new mountain bike are on the list.
    i have an 03 allegro, before it got the carbon stays... anyways, i think it possibly has the best welds i've ever seen. with only a few upgrades... deda post and a terazzo (sp) seat, plus ultegra pedals... the bike came out to 18.5ish pounds... which is fine for me, could easily be in the low 17s (wheels, tires, cassestte and bb). the vivace was really nice for 03, then the tubing got a downgrade 04 and carbon chainstays in 05.

i can't say anything about the newer or carbon lugged bikes for quality... and i can't comment on the opus forks either cause mine came with a profile. the newer posts look fine; the stems are great and the bars have a nice bend and are decently light.

not too sure on your budget but Opus' are fairly nice and they are speced quite well for the cash... my allegro was by far the best deal for me at the time.

just ride everything you can in your budget and pick what feels best to you... simple as that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I have a 2002 Opus Andante. It was a pretty good price and overall I am happy with it. My one big complaint is how easily the paint chips off! The white paint does looks really nice though, it looks almost pearly.