mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Older Style DeKerf Decals

I am desperately trying to find a set of original DeKerf decals. I am repainting my frame and fork the original tangerine color and DeKerf only sells the new style of decal. If no one has a set, I would also very much like a digital template that I can print off and get new ones made.

I also am looking for a 20.5 inch Brodie Sovereign, Expresso, Climbax, Cruzado, or Catalyst frame.

Thanks in advance..

mtbr member
    Hi

A customer metioned to me last week that there might be a chance of having some of these made, I will let you know how we get on...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    thanks!

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by peteypete
    thanks!
    Hey peteypete-

I think I have you covered on this one- I've owned several dekerfs and ended up with a spare decal kit for a team. They are white lettering, with the older style head tube badge. I am not sure if I have the whole kit, let me check tonight and see what's there. Also, keep in mind that they are original, so they have been in an envelope for something like 6 years.

What does derkerf want for a new decal set? I have an implant that will need a repaint someday....

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Hey peteypete-

I think I have you covered on this one- I've owned several dekerfs and ended up with a spare decal kit for a team. They are white lettering, with the older style head tube badge. I am not sure if I have the whole kit, let me check tonight and see what's there. Also, keep in mind that they are original, so they have been in an envelope for something like 6 years.

What does derkerf want for a new decal set? I have an implant that will need a repaint someday....
    ohhhhhhhh thanks a ton! How should I get in touch??? Dekerf wants 40 bucks for a frame and two forks worth. I would be happy to send you the new ones I have coming, but there will not be the implant model decal with the set.

FM
    mtbr member
    ohhhhhhhh thanks a ton! How should I get in touch??? Dekerf wants 40 bucks for a frame and two forks worth. I would be happy to send you the new ones I have coming, but there will not be the implant model decal with the set.
    Let me check tonight and I'll post again- maybe I can put a scan or photos up. we can PM after that.

FM
    mtbr member
    OK peteypete- you are in luck!

Here's what I have:
    2 head tube decals (older style with chainring & front tri)
    1 pair downtube decals
    1 pair top tube "team SL" decals
    1 seatstay decal

so- the only thing thats missing is one seatstay decal. And somehow I have two headtube decals- or does one go on the front of the seat tube?

All are white, silver and green
    Look to be in fine condition despite their age- paper is a little yellow.

What color newer decals do you have coming from dekerf?

I might be into a trade, or I could sell them to you pretty cheaply. I am down in Seattle, Wa.. Feel free to PM me to discuss further.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Are they the vinyl or water transfer type? If they are the vinyl, I will for sure grab those off of you. I PMd you.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ohh no, I need more!!! I was unable to get the rub-on ones copied effectively - I need either another set of rub on ones, or a vinyl set of the originals. PLEASE. I am definitely willing to pay.

thanks

FM
    mtbr member
    ohh no, I need more!!! I was unable to get the rub-on ones copied effectively - I need either another set of rub on ones, or a vinyl set of the originals. PLEASE. I am definitely willing to pay.

thanks
    Uh-oh. You knew that those were water-transfer, not rub-on, right? Typical process is to paint the frame, apply water-transfer decals, then clear-coat over them to hold them in place. I don't think dekerf ever used "vinyl" or "rub-on" decals.

If some or any of the set are intact, let me know- several other people were interested in them. You might be able to pass them on to another owner and make them happy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yeah, I know they are water transfer - I just wanted to get them copied into vinyl ones because the set was not complete.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Uh-oh. You knew that those were water-transfer, not rub-on, right? Typical process is to paint the frame, apply water-transfer decals, then clear-coat over them to hold them in place. I don't think dekerf ever used "vinyl" or "rub-on" decals.

If some or any of the set are intact, let me know- several other people were interested in them. You might be able to pass them on to another owner and make them happy.
    hi, do you still have these?

Members who have read this thread: 0