mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Older Style DeKerf Decals

I am desperately trying to find a set of original DeKerf decals. I am repainting my frame and fork the original tangerine color and DeKerf only sells the new style of decal. If no one has a set, I would also very much like a digital template that I can print off and get new ones made.

I also am looking for a 20.5 inch Brodie Sovereign, Expresso, Climbax, Cruzado, or Catalyst frame.

Thanks in advance..

Bikes!
    Hi

A customer metioned to me last week that there might be a chance of having some of these made, I will let you know how we get on...
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    thanks!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by peteypete
    thanks!
    Hey peteypete-

I think I have you covered on this one- I've owned several dekerfs and ended up with a spare decal kit for a team. They are white lettering, with the older style head tube badge. I am not sure if I have the whole kit, let me check tonight and see what's there. Also, keep in mind that they are original, so they have been in an envelope for something like 6 years.

What does derkerf want for a new decal set? I have an implant that will need a repaint someday....

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Hey peteypete-

I think I have you covered on this one- I've owned several dekerfs and ended up with a spare decal kit for a team. They are white lettering, with the older style head tube badge. I am not sure if I have the whole kit, let me check tonight and see what's there. Also, keep in mind that they are original, so they have been in an envelope for something like 6 years.

What does derkerf want for a new decal set? I have an implant that will need a repaint someday....
    ohhhhhhhh thanks a ton! How should I get in touch??? Dekerf wants 40 bucks for a frame and two forks worth. I would be happy to send you the new ones I have coming, but there will not be the implant model decal with the set.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    ohhhhhhhh thanks a ton! How should I get in touch??? Dekerf wants 40 bucks for a frame and two forks worth. I would be happy to send you the new ones I have coming, but there will not be the implant model decal with the set.
    Let me check tonight and I'll post again- maybe I can put a scan or photos up. we can PM after that.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    OK peteypete- you are in luck!

Here's what I have:
    2 head tube decals (older style with chainring & front tri)
    1 pair downtube decals
    1 pair top tube "team SL" decals
    1 seatstay decal

so- the only thing thats missing is one seatstay decal. And somehow I have two headtube decals- or does one go on the front of the seat tube?

All are white, silver and green
    Look to be in fine condition despite their age- paper is a little yellow.

What color newer decals do you have coming from dekerf?

I might be into a trade, or I could sell them to you pretty cheaply. I am down in Seattle, Wa.. Feel free to PM me to discuss further.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Are they the vinyl or water transfer type? If they are the vinyl, I will for sure grab those off of you. I PMd you.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ohh no, I need more!!! I was unable to get the rub-on ones copied effectively - I need either another set of rub on ones, or a vinyl set of the originals. PLEASE. I am definitely willing to pay.

thanks

FM
    luxatio erecta
    ohh no, I need more!!! I was unable to get the rub-on ones copied effectively - I need either another set of rub on ones, or a vinyl set of the originals. PLEASE. I am definitely willing to pay.

thanks
    Uh-oh. You knew that those were water-transfer, not rub-on, right? Typical process is to paint the frame, apply water-transfer decals, then clear-coat over them to hold them in place. I don't think dekerf ever used "vinyl" or "rub-on" decals.

If some or any of the set are intact, let me know- several other people were interested in them. You might be able to pass them on to another owner and make them happy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yeah, I know they are water transfer - I just wanted to get them copied into vinyl ones because the set was not complete.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Uh-oh. You knew that those were water-transfer, not rub-on, right? Typical process is to paint the frame, apply water-transfer decals, then clear-coat over them to hold them in place. I don't think dekerf ever used "vinyl" or "rub-on" decals.

If some or any of the set are intact, let me know- several other people were interested in them. You might be able to pass them on to another owner and make them happy.
    hi, do you still have these?