mtbr member

Norco Warranty dude an idiot.

I've posted in other threads about Truvativ's external BB being crap and falling aopart after two weeks of riding brandnew bike.
    Anyway the plastic sleeve between the two bearing cups, had buckled, slipt, and jammed inside the BB shell of my two week old jamis, at the time, now 7 months ago.
    I have been trying to get this part warrantied since. I have recently found out that Norco IS the Truvativ distributor here in BC, and they have the say wether to warranty the part or not. I got word that they are only going to warranty the plastic sleeve insert and not the cups, which were destroyed by trying to take out the plastic sleeve( NOTE: I have removed/installed many of these so it isn't an experience issue). The mangled plastic sleeve also had done some damage to the internal of the drive side cup.
    The twit @ Norco said they would only warranty the sleeve, nothing else. This person has also caused issues with truvativ parts being warrantied that WERE NOT ON NORCO BIKES, and would not waranty them.
    I called SRAM and they said all they can do is make calls but it is still in the discretion of the Norc-twit to say yay or nay.
    So, my purpose here is to HOPE that this idiot who works for norco reads this post. For being such a tight twit on a less than 50 dollar part, that IS a mfg defect and NOT honoring the warranty, this is what I have to say to you. YOU'RE FIRED!!!!! ( i wish )

mtbr member
    Yep, Norco is a joke. They put the warranties on the parts spec'd on their own bikes ahead of everyone elses, and refuse warranties on parts on bikes they didn't sell for the same issues. They are notorious within the Canadian shops for doing this, and have done it for years. My advice if you live in Canada, unfortunately, is to avoid any product that Norco is the sole warranty center for and let the manufacturer know what choice you made and why.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    SRAM now requires all of their distributors to carry the FULL sram part offerings, so you can go to Cycles-Lambert also for truvativ support. If you carried any SRAM division's parts, you now have to carry them all. That's why Norco now lists rockshox forks (although only with black and white pics) even though last year you could only get rockshox forks from Cycles-Lambert.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread