mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Norco needs better forks!!!

The past 2 years of Norco bikes, 2005/2006. Many have come with the horrible fork known as the Marazocchi Dirt Jam Comp. They don't seem to realize that these forks are crap! They're no better than the Exr Comp or the Mz Comp. My last 2003 Bigfoot came with an Exr Comp, i only do slighly larger stuff on my new Bigfoot which came with a Dirt Jam and i've blown the fork, i can land almost straight up after hitting a drop and the fork still bottoms out!! I have this frok as tight as it can go...well, not always, now it's loosening on its own when ever i do anything. 3 of my friends bought 2005/2006 Norcos that came with the Dirt Jam, all of them are blown. My Exr Comp after riding that bike for 3 years was still working pretty well fine. The bushing's were gone in it and it was pretty loose, but it never bottomed out! I've had my new bigfoot for a little over a month now, and the fork is blown! What's with that! Anybody else have this same problem with the new norcos?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Norco_bigfoot_rider
    The past 2 years of Norco bikes, 2005/2006. Many have come with the horrible fork known as the Marazocchi Dirt Jam Comp. They don't seem to realize that these forks are crap! They're no better than the Exr Comp or the Mz Comp. My last 2003 Bigfoot came with an Exr Comp, i only do slighly larger stuff on my new Bigfoot which came with a Dirt Jam and i've blown the fork, i can land almost straight up after hitting a drop and the fork still bottoms out!! I have this frok as tight as it can go...well, not always, now it's loosening on its own when ever i do anything. 3 of my friends bought 2005/2006 Norcos that came with the Dirt Jam, all of them are blown. My Exr Comp after riding that bike for 3 years was still working pretty well fine. The bushing's were gone in it and it was pretty loose, but it never bottomed out! I've had my new bigfoot for a little over a month now, and the fork is blown! What's with that! Anybody else have this same problem with the new norcos?
    I am with you on this one! I have a 2006 Norcxo Sasquatch. Its a sweet bike, however it comes with a craptastic Marz. Drop-Off IV!!!

The fork sucks sooo bad. There is basically no dampening. The only good thing is: I haven't bottomed it out yet! And i've done 4ft to flat (i know its not alot). That reason being; I can't get full travel, argh! I am going to sell this POS and get a Z1 series...

North Shore Kid
    Are Drop Offs that bad?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FordRules
    Are Drop Offs that bad?
    They aren't that bad... I can only comment on the "IV" (the lowest model), I'm not sure if the higher models would be any better

Try to get a hold of XSL_Will, he has had a Drop-Off so he can tell you in more detail.

To the original poster of this thread: Make the same thread, but in the DH/FR forum... That way you will get more responses

mtbr member
    I think all new norco bikes should have better forks , except the team DH. My 06 norco shore one came with 66vf2 i did not like them, so i upgraded to 888rc2x best move i made . the bike should of came with something better than 66vf2, so i recommend that when buying a new norco just upgrade the forks and

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Norco_bigfoot_rider
    Buy a better bike and you will get a better fork...
    To make a bike a certain price they need to use certain part/fork...
    You can't sell a brand new oem bike for 700$ with a 66rc...
    Stop doing stupid things with your bike (drops to flat) and your fork will be fine.

-----------------

Drop-off are not that bad seriously, i tried a 2005 one a norco sasquatch and it was good for a bike of that price.

I also used some low end fork (exr pro) and doing drop to flat and other stupid things with it complete messed it...

Dirt Jam are not made to be jumped (IT WRITED ON A BIG WHITE STICKER BEHIND THE LEFT LEG OF YOUR FORK)

North Shore Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker
    Buy a better bike and you will get a better fork...
    To make a bike a certain price they need to use certain part/fork...
    You can't sell a brand new oem bike for 700$ with a 66rc...
    Stop doing stupid things with your bike (drops to flat) and your fork will be fine.

-----------------

Drop-off are not that bad seriously, i tried a 2005 one a norco sasquatch and it was good for a bike of that price.

I also used some low end fork (exr pro) and doing drop to flat and other stupid things with it complete messed it...

Dirt Jam are not made to be jumped (IT WRITED ON A BIG WHITE STICKER BEHIND THE LEFT LEG OF YOUR FORK)

Thats What Im getting a 2005 Sasquatch with Dropp Offs and QR20's

North Shore Kid
    Like This One:

Thats not my bike though.