mtbr member

Norco 6 or trek session?

i like both but 7 inches might be to much and 41 pounds for the Nocro is alot of 6 inches. which one would be better, and also which one would pedal better?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    i like both but 7 inches might be to much and 41 pounds for the Nocro is alot of 6 inches. which one would be better, and also which one would pedal better?
    Both are great bikes but i might just go for the norco just because i have heard so many good things about them. Also, are u talking about the session 7 or session 77. Then it might be a little different. Between the norco and session 7, the norco but between the session 77 and norco it would be to hard to decide. What you have to do is test ride both at your local shop and see which one feels better. Also whats your price range and what kind of riding do u usually do. Depending on that, you might want a chain guide.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Brodie Gigolo?

Have you had a look at the Brodie Gigolo/ Libido? The Gigolo built up is 37lbs, 7" travel, air shock... The floating disk eliminates brake jack too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tosis; 07-11-2005 at 09:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Lean toward the six

Quote Originally Posted by freerider167
    I own a 2005 Six and live in North Vancouver. It is the best bike I have owned/ ridden for our terrain. Norco made a huge leap forward with this years updates. 150mm hub & new rear end = stiff & tight with the right chainline. The geometry works for tight and technical and fast and open. Even climbs well. As far as pedaling. The trek is a faux bar so expect pedal feedback and brake jack. Two traits that rob you of performance and confidence in the rough. Norco warranty is tops of any I have dealt with (I have broken every bike I have had in the last 8 years) The weight difference is going to be negligable, there both hefty. The 2006 Noroc 6 line is lighter in case you climb a lot you may want to check them out / wait.

Andrew Shandro may be the only reason Trek makes a decent freeride bike, I think they did well but it's a first for them. Freeride is in Norco's blood and they have been building tough bikes for a long time. The parts spec is clearly North Shore driven. Nothin poser, housebrand or immitation about it

If you go with the 6 get the Marzocchi 66, see if they will swap you for a 2006 for a better axel to crown height. Have fun shopping.