mtbr member

the New ride (xpost to AM forum)

Here she is, my new do everything bike

Brodie Nemesis frame, Brodie team color.
    07 Talas 36 fork
    Revolution wheelset
    Hussefelt cranks
    Blackspire Stinger chain guide
    Sram X9 shifing/der.
    Syncros Stem, Truvativ bars(for now)
    Juicy 5 brakes(for now)
    Generic post and WTB saddle

Im pretty happy, but will probably swap out brakes. Any ideas? im thinking of going back to mechanical for ease, but dont really know. Got these Juicys from a buddy, and cant really get em to work like I think they should.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_

Here she is, my new do everything bike

Brodie Nemesis frame, Brodie team color.
    07 Talas 36 fork
    Revolution wheelset
    Hussefelt cranks
    Blackspire Stinger chain guide
    Sram X9 shifing/der.
    Syncros Stem, Truvativ bars(for now)
    Juicy 5 brakes(for now)
    Generic post and WTB saddle

Im pretty happy, but will probably swap out brakes. Any ideas? im thinking of going back to mechanical for ease, but dont really know. Got these Juicys from a buddy, and cant really get em to work like I think they should.
    Doesn't get much better nice bike!! How are you liking the rear shock on your bike? I've got a Pearl on my Dissident and it works ok; if you want a firm suspension, the Pearl is a good choice.

About the brakes, I didn't realize the Juicy 5 and 7 are the same; the difference is the 7 has the adjustment. I have Juicy 7's and they work great; I've got Juicy 5's on my 29er and they work great too; when they're set up right, they work as well as most. I've got Saints on my big bike, they work good too; the XT brakes cost less and work the same. Hayes Mags are a good choice too; just depends if you want more modulation or less.

I like the color of your bike; that green is awesome. Look forward to hearing how it rides when all the snow melts