Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,224

    New question here. New Devincis - have they hit shops yet?

    The new lineup of Devinci - trail and freeride bikes look really good for 2004 - has anyone seen them in shops up North yet?

    Anyone plan on riding one for 2004?

    Thanks!

    Mark

  2. #2
    banned
    Reputation: _-^^^-_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    60
    Just called two shops in Vancouver today and none yet. I couldn't even find anyone that had ridden the Banzai on a demo or trade show. The guy at the second shop I called said he just barely missed the demo day. The best info may be from eastern Canadian shops that deal them, because they're originally an eastern Canadian business where the "Aluminum Valley" is. Devinci pretty much works their customer service through their dealers, that's why when you call them, they ask what employee/ext # you want via an automated system. They're usually used to getting calls only from bike shops on behalf of the customer, or for dealer sales from what I was told. As there appears to be no US dealers yet (at least none mentioned on their website), customer service for Americans could be difficult.
    If Mike T were more of a freeride type guy, he'd be one of our best sources of info for them no doubt.
    Last edited by _-^^^-_; 01-15-2004 at 05:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,646
    I have the name and email of the Customer Service guy there if you want it.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: _-^^^-_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    60
    OK Craig, I've enabled private messaging, can you send me that info?

  5. #5
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Reputation: CraigH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,646
    PM sent.

    Also, see my other post about Devinci. The store in North Van. has the FR bikes in now.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    185

    i've see one of those baby

    my lbs have receive a small guzzler. the frame look very solid, the rear end is so stiff (i have a RM ETSX 50 and thre is no comparaison to made). the color is better than seen in the brochure or webpage. I have ordered a medium banzai as frame only but it is not arrived. This one weight 31 pound on the scale (stock).

    no new from the freeride series

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,088

    New question here. Are you saying the Guzzler weighs only 31 lb?

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrAzIb
    my lbs have receive a small guzzler. the frame look very solid, the rear end is so stiff (i have a RM ETSX 50 and thre is no comparaison to made). the color is better than seen in the brochure or webpage. I have ordered a medium banzai as frame only but it is not arrived. This one weight 31 pound on the scale (stock).

    no new from the freeride series
    I was just going to ask, as I had seen a post saying some had hit Vancouver shops. When I first started asking about the Devincis, a Vancouver shop told me the Banzai would probably be about 32 lb, which I thought sounded about right cosidering the Saint spec. The Guzzler has a heavier fork and hubset I think doesn't it? The other $2000 bike I'm looking at is the Marin Wolf Ridge, but I'm sure the Devinci frame would be stiffer, and the WTB hubs on the Marin are light, but to soon to know if Am Classic has got all the bugs worked out. I've also looked at the Rocky mountain Switch SL at about $2500, which according to RM, is about 35 lb, but it's a full 6"x6". I'm just wetting my apetite for now, I plan on riding my 4"x4" bike while waiting to see if Fox is going to make any FR forks, I'd love to see a Talas 150.
    Last edited by Gnarlygig; 02-06-2004 at 05:56 AM.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    185
    [
    On the scale the small guzzler (16.5 seat tube) weight 31.3 pounds. The Guzzler have a heavier fork (less than 1/2 pound) than the banzai, but the banzai have Saint part includind heavier hubs, rear derr. disc brakes and crank. The rear end is very stiff.

    I've received my medium banzai, with XT gruppo, TALAS R fork and shock, EA 70 cockpit and mavic XM819disc rims coupled with Stan's treated WTB weirwolf race 2.3 at 28.7 pounds. The original Banzai weight 32.2 pounds.

    I don't think you can include the switch in the all-mountain family. Compare the Devinci's with the RM Slayer if equipped with trailbike oriented parts or the ETSX if you equipped it with XC parts.

    If you lived in Vancouver the guzzler is 2700$ can and the banzai 4200$ big deal at 2000$.

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,088

    New question here. Thanks for the info, sounds like you have a versatile bike there.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrAzIb
    [
    On the scale the small guzzler (16.5 seat tube) weight 31.3 pounds. The Guzzler have a heavier fork (less than 1/2 pound) than the banzai, but the banzai have Saint part includind heavier hubs, rear derr. disc brakes and crank. The rear end is very stiff.

    I've received my medium banzai, with XT gruppo, TALAS R fork and shock, EA 70 cockpit and mavic XM819disc rims coupled with Stan's treated WTB weirwolf race 2.3 at 28.7 pounds. The original Banzai weight 32.2 pounds.

    I don't think you can include the switch in the all-mountain family. Compare the Devinci's with the RM Slayer if equipped with trailbike oriented parts or the ETSX if you equipped it with XC parts.

    If you lived in Vancouver the guzzler is 2700$ can and the banzai 4200$ big deal at 2000$.
    I wanted something XC and marathon raceable in a trailbike, and that's my 4"x4" HH, but I keep thinking it'll be tempting where I'm moving (Grand Junction, Co) to have a longer travel bike for Moab, Sedona, etc. Going up only an inch in travel doesn't seem to make much sense to me for a second bike, but many I've talked to say that extra inch (6"x6") puts you up in the 35-40 lb weight range. Do you think a 6" fork would void warranty on the Banz, Mag, Guz frames?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlygig
    I wanted something XC and marathon raceable in a trailbike, and that's my 4"x4" HH, but I keep thinking it'll be tempting where I'm moving (Grand Junction, Co) to have a longer travel bike for Moab, Sedona, etc. Going up only an inch in travel doesn't seem to make much sense to me for a second bike, but many I've talked to say that extra inch (6"x6") puts you up in the 35-40 lb weight range. Do you think a 6" fork would void warranty on the Banz, Mag, Guz frames?
    It had to be confirmed but i've heard that you can put a DC fork on theses bikes. at least a Z150 will be fine. Go the their web site and contact them you should have a response quickly (generally 2 or 3 days). Iin the 35-40 lbs weight range i've test a RM switch with a 6 inch sherman SC at Mont-Ste-Anne last summer. Pedalling efficiency is poor but the handling in big stuff is awesome

Similar Threads

  1. US Bike Shops
    By Mtbrat in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •