mtbr member

My Current Setup: Cove STD

I'm loving this thing more and more with every ride.

I feel like I've got this Cove STD extremely dialed right now. It feels great on aggressive DH/FR stuff and pedals well enough to shlup it around some XC style singletrack. At 39.8# it's no featherweight but it feels nimble enough on the trails. The Elka Stage 5 transformed the bikes handling from "hey this is pretty good" (with the Fox DHX5) to "WOW this things does everything right!". I've gone from a Marz 66 RC3 to a RS Lyrik DH Air 170mm to the Totem coil that's on there now. The Totem feels the best by far with the damping closely matching that of the Elka for a very balanced feel. The Lyrik felt great too but the stiffness of the Totem and the extra 10mm of travel match the bike's intended purpose a little better. I've been pleasantly surprised with the Bontrager FR4 tires as well. I have them set up ghetto tubeless for some weight savings and I haven't had any problems with this setup yet. They are predictable in every situation giving the best performance in dry and loose, loamy, and soft soil conditions. They perform acceptably on hardpack and in the mud but there are better tires available for those conditions. The only thing I would change would be to build up a lighter set of wheels down the road to make it even more pedal friendly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Nice setup!

I have my STD as a frame only at the moment and am planning a fairly light build this year acording to my spreadsheet it should be around 36.5. I think I will try one of the new Fox 36 180mm, not sure which model yet.hmmm

mtbr member
    nice..

ride Downhill.