Come on, dare me!

My 93 Balfa one-off HT

In 93, when I decided to change my Kona for something else, I was looking for a very sloping frame and found none, except very rare and expensive custom builts from the US. Since I was (and am still) a friend of the Balfa boys, I asked them to build me a frame from a sketch I'd drawned. This is a one-off model made from Tange Prestige chromoly. The frame is braze welded and the welds are filed by hand (by Fred). It was originally used as a true XC racer (made the 93 Sport category race at the MSA World Cup on it), but I gave it to my brother who turned it in a commuting bike (as shown). Some parts are genuine '93 (Syncros seatpost, XT derailleur and crankset, Manitou fork... Notice the Ringle cage in anodized blue too ;-). I enjoyed this bike a lot and rode it much. Even though it's in its pre-retirement phase now, It still alive and well...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome
    In 93, when I decided to change my Kona for something else, I was looking for a very sloping frame and found none, except very rare and expensive custom builts from the US. Since I was (and am still) a friend of the Balfa boys, I asked them to build me a frame from a sketch I'd drawned. This is a one-off model made from Tange Prestige chromoly. The frame is braze welded and the welds are filed by hand (by Fred). It was originally used as a true XC racer (made the 93 Sport category race at the MSA World Cup on it), but I gave it to my brother who turned it in a commuting bike (as shown). Some parts are genuine '93 (Syncros seatpost, XT derailleur and crankset, Manitou fork... Notice the Ringle cage in anodized blue too ;-). I enjoyed this bike a lot and rode it much. Even though it's in its pre-retirement phase now, It still alive and well...
    That is a beautiful frame and bike! Treat it well and make sure it gets ridden too!

Very cool!