mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Minelli 26in hybrid

I have an orange 26inch minelli hybrid i am wondering if i can do some stuff.to.or even sell it. It is set up for street riding.now. Narrow tire.in front and a fatter street tire in front. I want to.mountain bike with some friends. They have specialized and haro and i want to.know, if i swap out tires and a front.fork for a shocked fork if i can mountain bike with them?. the.bike now has mostly shimano parts. Gears,derailers,levers,etc. i have only put some better tectro v.brakes on with some better springs for quicker response.

I would like to know a couple things.overall.
    How much.is.this.bike worth. Ill post pictures once i.get back.home. Good condition
    What.can i do to.make this a mountain bike if possible?
    What upgrades can i do.it?

I dont know too much.on what parts are good but i can work on the bikes and do a good job. Just need to know what stuff is.good to put on.

Thanks for any information and tips. Mason.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Does anyone know of this bike or are you waiting for pictures?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Minellis are pretty low end bikes, department store things. They make the things walmart sell seem like porsches in comparison. They are not worth upgrading. Go into a proper bicycle store and buy something new.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    this is a custom.built bike from canada, i highly doubt they are garbage. they dont even sell outside of canada. localy owned and ran.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
    this is a custom.built bike from canada, i highly doubt they are garbage. they dont even sell outside of canada. localy owned and ran.

I'm sorry but I AM canadian and I know Minelli and their bikes are crap. The very best component group they use on any bike is Alivio. There is nothing "custom" about them. If you already "upgraded to tektro v-brakes"... I shudder to think what crap they put on originally as Tektro is pretty much the go-to-brand already for budget quality brake components for most respectable brands.

Minelli Bikes
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    A few years back, my sister won a Minelli from Tim Horton's, on a Roll up the Rim. It is roughly Crap Tire, Supercycle quality.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    so its a shitty bike and ive been lied to by many

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    its a mt diablo y2k 2000 edition

any difference

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The behated minelli