Three sheets to the wind

Bonking ... not feelin' well Made in.....TAIWAN???!!!

I was checking out the Norco Six One in this months MBA when I was floored to read that it was made in Taiwan.....It's even happening up there....

local trails rider
    Those Taiwanese welders know what they are doing and they do it for less money than a Western welder would. It makes business sense and keeps the cost of the frame reasonable.

I wish my country produced bikes/frames that I want, at a price I am willing to pay, though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    so what if its made in taiwan! you people made it sound like if its from taiwan its inferior product, well lets see specialized, giant, trek, cannondale(carbon fiber) all have their frames made in taiwan, and the material is from china, suck it up, its built with quality in mind

Person
    Sep 2005
    I have no problem with made in Taiwan, as long as the company is honest about it. I don't like it when bikes have "Built in Canada" or "Designed in Canada" stickers on them.

A couple months ago I was talking to a guy that was very excited to have ordered a new Cervelo carbon frame. The main reason for going with Cervelo was it being Canadian made. When I asked him about the bike a week later he said it was held up at customs. I asked why a Canadian made bike would have to go though customs to get to Canada. The shop he bought it from told him that the frame had to be sent to Italy to have the Campy installed.

He was disapointed to find out his Canadian made bike was in fact made in Taiwan. The shop he bought it from has been known to say a lot of bs to sell a bike.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Norco has always been made in Taiwan.

Were you thinking of Rocky Mountain? Most of their bikes are still made in BC (I think only their lowest end HTs are welded in Taiwan).

sushi lover
    May 2006
    I love Taiwan...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hamachi
    I love Taiwan...
    i second that...

attending to my vices
    Taiwan is the shiznit! beautiful Formosa..

FACT: In Taiwan, hikers actually cheer you on when you ride past them on the trail, not yell at you or tell you to get of their trails. They love us and are facinated by the riding. God bless them.
    OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i wish i was taiwan.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by dogzilla
    i wish i was taiwan.
    hello dear sir thankyou for liking my place. please forward monies to me and i will arrange you for a visit.

country of origin just isn't a valid deciding factor in a bike...company, quality, service, reputation are all much more important.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawitdaba
    I was checking out the Norco Six One in this months MBA when I was floored to read that it was made in Taiwan.....It's even happening up there....
    Ummm, Norco's have never been made in canada, least not for as long as mountain bikes have existed.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread