mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Looking at getting a Brodie Derelict

Im currently riding an older Devo and I was wondering about getting a newer Derelict, What do people think about the derelict? anybody out there with some experience on one??
    Cheers Gucho

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The Derelict is a great frame...... works as well as a DS frame can go on the dirt jumps, can be built to a competitive weight as a 4X bike and can handle light DH riding as well.
    Nice choice as an all rounder on the aggressive side.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hm im wondering what size of drops I can do with it, if I can manage a 5-6 footer would be nice.... any idea as to what the suspension is like on those?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucho
    Hm im wondering what size of drops I can do with it, if I can manage a 5-6 footer would be nice.... any idea as to what the suspension is like on those?
    There is a review here on the 2007 model.... current model has a few spec changes..... but you will get the idea .....

http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/2007-brodie-dissident/

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    hm that review is for a brodie dissident, it looks very similar im sure thats why you posted it, did it become the derlict after that?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    same frame different components, paint and decals.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    5 or 6 foot drops? ya, they can handle that.
    there's plenty of photos around of kids beating those things up much worse than that.
    I've seen them raced in pro DH, 4x, DS, and SD races, hucked, spun, jumped, pedaled to nowhere, and pretty much anything else you can do to a bike...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucho
    hm that review is for a brodie dissident, it looks very similar im sure thats why you posted it, did it become the derlict after that?
    Yes exactly right...... Basically the frame has gone through a few name variants.
    The bike started as the Brodie Nemesis, the next year a higher and lower spec version were released under the Dissident and Derelict name. The latest version Derelict is carries a spec level between the 2 .