mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Interest in a steel full-suspension 1996 Brodie Libido?

I have a 1996 Brodie Libido Medium. Right now it has a 2003 Duke SL U-turn Rock Shox fork on it and I need to find a rear shock for it. It has old-school parts like V-brakes and older bb and cranks etc. I don't use this bike anymore, although it was such a cool and un-usual bike when I first got it. It worked so well. I since replaced it with a 2008 Brodie Mettle. This is not a for sale post. I just wanted to know if anybody thought there would be interest in the bike and/or frame and fork. A 1996 (approx year) Brodie Libido full suspension frame was made of steel, and is therefore a little un-common. I need cash and also need room. Is anybody familiar with this nice and rare bike? I also have the original Rock Shox Judy elastomer fork, although it needs a re-build. Hippie suspension says they can rebuild it with similar or different internals. Anyways, that fork actually suited the bike really well. I always look around for these bikes but I can't seem to find any around to even compare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interest in a steel full-suspension 1996 Brodie Libido?-brodie-libido-w-duke-sl-u-turn.jpg  

Last edited by morkys; 11-19-2010 at 06:51 AM.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Had one. Fun frame to ride.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.