mtbr member
    Mar 2006

I'm 5'11" would a size large Norco Sasquatch fit me?

I've got an opportunity to buy a 2004 norco sasquatch in pretty mint shape for about 700$ CDN (feel free to chime in on whether or not that might be a good deal) I'm looking for something to do some urban/freeriding and moderate XC on. I'm a bit worried about the weight issue with this bike, as i really would like to use it on trails and stuff (although i don't mind pedaling harder, i just don't want it to be impossible)

Anyway, the bike is a size large and i'm only 5'11" inches, so i'm worried it will be too big. What advantadges or disadvantadages would it being a large have. Anyone around my size ride a sasquatch? what size do you ride if so?

Hopefully someone can help, as i'd like to get riding soon!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Seriously. Somebody must have some experience with this bike. Its the same frame as the rampage, manik and torrent, so somebody has to have ridden at least one of those. The guy I might be buying it from lives a fair ways away from my house, so i don't want to waste his, and my own time if its not going to fit.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    My experience with Norco is that most of their bikes tend to fit very big. I'm six feet and a half inch with long legs, and I have been riding a medium Norco shore (both the 2003 and 2004 bikes) for the past 3 years. A medium is at the upper limit of the comfortable size range for me. If the medium were any larger, I'd be riding a small frame instead.

I've also had lots of riding time on every sized Norco sasquatch from 2003, as I had a summer job as a bike guide in 2003 and we had a lot of Sasquatches in our rental fleet at that time. Every time I rode the large sasquatches, I felt like I couldn't get my weight far enough back while descending. The mediums fit me perfectly. If you're buying this bike for freeriding and urban riding mostly, then I would say that you probably want a medium. The occasional xc ride on a medium sasquatch would be fine too. The size large would be ok for cross-country, but if you mostly want to ride cross-country, I would suggest looking for something a bit lighter, and that was designed for cross-country riding.

As far as Norco the company goes, I don't think there are any other bike manufacturers out there that give you as much for your money, especially with their higher-end freeride and downhill bikes.

Good luck finding your new bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    My friend have the Sasquatch 2004 (large) and he is 5.10 and he want to change it (its a bit to long for his and my taste, and he have almost no standover clearance) !!

I am 5.7 and the frame is way to big for me !!!

Get a medium ! please !