LBS Manager

I have had it with RM customer service

I got my etsx warenty replacement frame last night FINALY not only did it take two weeks more than they said but they sent it to the wrong store had to drive 1.5 hours to pick it up only to discover that they sent it with no shock. The way this claim has been handled I probably wont see a shock till christmas. I love the way this bike rides but there are lots of nice ridding bikes out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Sorry to hear that. However, I've often wondered why they send a new shock at all. It was the frame that was damaged, not the shock, doesn't seem like too much to ask to have the owner use their original shock. Now if they changed the frame design so that the old shock would not work that would be a different story.

mtbr member
    I waited from early June to mid September to receive my waranteed frame. Although it was extremely annoying, I recognized the circumstances surrounding the cluster_F*** of the mass ETSX breakages.

And yes they did change the shock mounts so that the original shocks are no longer compatible with the new frames. Very bad form to not include one with the new frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Yeah, it's slow!

My ordeal took 3-1/2 months, missed the entire summer season of riding. The frame took 3 months, and then they didn't send the correct shock bushings so it took two more weeks. On top of it all, they changed the seat tube diameter and never sent a new seatpost, so I had to buy a new one. They did send the frame with a new shock though, which was great.

I believe the old shock works with the new frames, it just requires a new set of bushings.

But, I'm glad they send a new shock, because the way the seat tube breaks it causes the shock to be put in tension, which could damage the internals. At least that's the way it looked when my fame broke.

bphin