Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Jan 2004

I am moving to Canada!!!

I love this bike so much after my first ride this morning.......it WAY MORE than exceeded my expectations. I felt like I lost nothing on the singletrack going down and GAINED HUGE on the uphills!!!!!! I love it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That paint job always reminds me of the mountains- very nice! I almost bought an ETSX-70 frame when I was frame shopping a couple of months ago. Anyway, if you are going to move to Canada, could you take Michael Moore and Jesse Jackson with you?

mtbr member
    Sweet pictures

I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. Now, how is that Marathon Race compared to other XC forks? Like SID, or F100X??

I may have told you this before, my 5 minute ride on my friend's Element Tsc convinced me to buy my Instinct

Pic of my Instinct (same frame, pretty much).

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by macming
    Sweet pictures

I knew you wouldn't be disappointed. Now, how is that Marathon Race compared to other XC forks? Like SID, or F100X??

I may have told you this before, my 5 minute ride on my friend's Element Tsc convinced me to buy my Instinct

Pic of my Instinct (same frame, pretty much).

Good question. Hard to provide reasonable input yet....only 1 ride...will ride again tomorrow morning.

Having said that, based on my first ride, I love it. It rode incredible and I could not believe how well it does at high speeds. I actually loved the ride so much that I will not even be changing any of the settings at this point which means I either guessed perfectly or the fork is just great. I love the TST cartridge for select 2005 Marz forks. I actually returned a new Fox F80RLT and replaced it with this fork for this bike in part because of the TST. I have another 05 Marz fork with TST on my trailbike and it is killer. It uses motocross air bladder technology as I understand it. I do not like a bunch of bells and whistles, nor a fan of SPV in forks so TST is about as fancy as I can tolerate....but it actually works on the trail unlike so much other stuff I have tried that takes forever to sort out and then the changes are so subtle that it drives me nuts.

In terms of the SID, not nearly robust enought for my riding style....no way would I go that route for any bike I ever put together. For me, there really is no advantage other than a few grams saved which is FAR OUTWEIGHED by its inability to take things at speed that other forks will be able to based on my experience. I am sure they are fine forks but I am not the best at picking lines so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I do not like Terralogic stuff at all, so I am not able to provide a good comparison in that regard. I think Fox stuff is just ok personally, I am back to being a Marz loyal customer after being only marginally impressed with a Fox 100 Float and Fox Talas, which just wallowed in its mid travel and made for an average at best trail fork.

Cheers

LBS Manager

We dont want him

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    That paint job always reminds me of the mountains- very nice! I almost bought an ETSX-70 frame when I was frame shopping a couple of months ago. Anyway, if you are going to move to Canada, could you take Michael Moore and Jesse Jackson with you?
    By all meens move to Canada but please leave that J--k a-- Michael Moore in the US we dont want him.

mtbr member
    That is a sharp Rocky Mountain!! Just curious - but how much does that thing weigh in at and is that fork 100mm of travel up front??

Does it feel tough enough to serve as a race/trail bike for you??

What bike did it replace in your stable - and did you get it new or used? Looks super sharp!!

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    By all meens move to Canada but please leave that J--k a-- Michael Moore in the US we dont want him.
    Actually, I am probably moving but not to Canada.

As far as Mr Moore goes, we do not want him either, at least I do not. How bout we send him but I stay in fact, how bout I send all the annoying media/hollywood types from Los Angeles?

Cheers

Jan 2004

Good questions

Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    That is a sharp Rocky Mountain!! Just curious - but how much does that thing weigh in at and is that fork 100mm of travel up front??

Does it feel tough enough to serve as a race/trail bike for you??

What bike did it replace in your stable - and did you get it new or used? Looks super sharp!!
    here are the specs and they were all purchased brand new...i bought about 1 or 2 parts a month since early in the year and it sure was fun!!

They weighed it at the shop and it came out to 23.5 lbs.

It actually did not replace a bike I had but I did sell a bike to provide money to build it up. I sold a Bullit which was overkill for me. I also have a Ventana X-5 with 6" rockers which is more than enough for me.

To answer your question, I honestly could see this as a trailbike for probably 95% of people out there. I am blown away with how it handles the trails. To answer another part of your question, the fork is 80mm. However, it is a killer fork and the bike just is so fast and handles things at speed incredibly well. I am sure it feels great on the trail since I built it up to take some reasonable abuse with a very solid wheelset, and riser bars. I swear, and I still cant believe this to be the case, but on all but real gnarly downhill, I think I lose nothing to my Ventana...which is why I am so impressed with the bike. Had I gone with v-brakes, flat bars, longer flatter stem, girly man wheelset, SID fork, it would be an entirely different story and I would hate it. As built, I would not change a single part. Because it is so awesome on the trails, I will be using it way more than I initially thought i would.

frame = Rocky Mountain Element Sc Team (19")
    cranks = Race Face Deus
    fork = 2005 Marzocchi Marathon Race
    wheelset = King ISO hubs / DT Swiss XR4.1d rims / Supercomp spokes / alloy nipples
    brakes = Magura Marta SLs
    shifters = SRAM X.0
    fr der = XTR
    rear der = SRAM X.0
    cassette = XT
    chain = PC-99 Hollow pin
    pedals = Shimano 959
    seat = Rocket V Stealth
    seatpost = Yeti Arc Aluminum
    stem = Syntace F99 (120mm)
    bars = Answer ProTaper Carbon
    grips = ODI Rogue Lock-on
    headset = Chris King
    tires = Kenda Karma DTC
    seatpost clamp = Hope
    skewers = Hope

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle

As far as Mr Moore goes, we do not want him either, at least I do not. How bout we send him but I stay in fact, how bout I send all the annoying media/hollywood types from Los Angeles?

Cheers

YES..YES..send them all to Canada and Mexico please. They will fit in so well there- pleasantly in Canada and probably six feet under in Mexico.

banned
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Cheers
    Michael Moore is welcome in the UK... we'll take him... you can stick with your moron president and lobbied Skull n Bones politricks...

Stolen fraudulent election no.2 anyone?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fuzznel
    Michael Moore is welcome in the UK... we'll take him... you can stick with your moron president and lobbied Skull n Bones politricks...

Stolen fraudulent election no.2 anyone?

Awesome, we'll keep our big-balled President who is the only current leader with any balls and you guys can have Michael Moore and all his yellow-bellied buddies too. It will compliment the rest of the country though I will admit that Blair probabaly has some guts too. of course, with the current bleeding-heart trend, you guys will vote him out soon enough. Then the Frechies will have company in their cowardly ways

Oh you guys already have some winners apparently:

LONDON He's called Sheik Terra.

With a Koran in one hand and pistol in the other, the British rapper calls for the murder of non-Muslims, including several world leaders, on a videotape.

The video is well known in one London mosque, whose imam or leader is accused of setting up a terrorist training camp in Oregon and whose followers don't like Western media.

Abu Hamza (search), who lost two hands and an eye in Afghanistan, is in jail now but other extremists from among Britain's two million Muslims continue to preach violence, veiling the message to take advantage of some of Europe's most liberal freedom-of-speech laws.

Looks like the freaks know where they are safe and IT AIN'T HERE, thank Bush for that!

Love Rocky Montain bikes and I wish I could tour the factory.
    Last edited by Flyer; 12-29-2004 at 08:04 PM.

livin' large
    Awesome, we'll keep our big-balled President who is the only current leader with any balls

Too bad he's all balls and no brains

Are you aware on the conception the rest of the planet has about your president and the american people, or do you prefer your insulated usa today no flies on us myopia?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Do you think we care about what Canada and France think?

The biggest, strongest, and best, always have critics and those who come out of the woodwork to drag the down. That's the price one pays for being numero uno

livin' large
    I know you don't care what the rest of the world thinks, but W likes to play global police man and thats aproblem for the rest of the world

Rome's burning, you dancing Nero?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Funny you say that- if it wasn't for the US, the world would be far worse off today. I don't see Canada going out of their way to prop up democracy, bring peacekeeping efforts to bear, or do anything but criticize (and build RM bikes) those who do.

Don't try your Rome and Nero crap- you come from a country that treads the political line so carefully and in such a neutered manner, you could almost be called France

livin' large
    Because we are not known as the global bully we're neutered?

Canada is known for sending aid to countrys in strife, not just playing new world imperialism trying control all the resources (aka oil).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, you believe what you want to believe but I think there I detect some jealousy here

Someone has to be brave enough to step up and do what needs to be done- we have ALWAYS done it and will continue to do it. Some countries can't/won't and that's too bad. If we had thesame attitude through history, everyone would be speaking German now, especially the French

livin' large
    All hail the global saviour, instead of speaking german the world can speak texan.

BTW more than US fought in WWII, and if memory servesis correct the US didn't go in untill forced by the Japenese

And no I'm not jealous, I'm scared

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale
    All hail the global saviour, instead of speaking german the world can speak texan.

BTW more than US fought in WWII, and if memory servesis correct the US didn't go in untill forced by the Japenese

And no I'm not jealous, I'm scared
    you guys need to relax........take this crap over to the political forum if you dont mind. if i want to be educated i will go back to school or do my own research. i prefer to use mtbr to hear about bike information and keep the rest of my life, which is serious enough, separate....thus, i go to a bike website to talk about bike stuff.

livin' large
    Sorry Foshizzle I just get a little fired up about this stuff.

BTW nice bike I have three buddys who ride the same frame and they rip on it, it's so much more than a cross country ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We have a political forum? Damn, I wish I knew that.

LBS Manager

Not everyone

Not all Canadians hate bush some wish we had him up here

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm glad

By the way, I already have a Yeti ASR-SL and am looking for a heavier-duty bike with slightly more travel that my ASR-SL (3.7") from Rocky Mountain. I was considering the Yeti 575 but I would prefer something slightly more heavy-duty while staying under 30 lbs. Any ideas?

LBS Manager

I love my etsx-70

but I am not as big of a fan of the slayers if you need more bike than an etsx than I would look at Devinci.

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale
    Sorry Foshizzle I just get a little fired up about this stuff.

BTW nice bike I have three buddys who ride the same frame and they rip on it, it's so much more than a cross country ride
    no worries....sorry i whined about this. you of course have a right to post whatever you want anywhere you want in this forum. it is just that my life has been WAY TOO serious lately and this is virtually the only place where I can seem to turn my simple mind off and talk about stuff with people who all have at least one thing in common, regardless of political views or otherwise.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast