mtbr member

hows your slayer set up?

I'm messing around a bit with stem/seatpost position. I ride technical xc and previous bike was GF sugar (very stretched out). my slayer is 16.5" frame, 100mm 5 deg stem, 1" riser bars and setback post. saddle is higher than bars when seat is in optimal pedalling position. at 5'6" i am still a bit more upright than i was on my sugar as there is a 1.5" top tube diff on the 2 bikes. slayer dealer where i bought it suggested that an even more upright position may be better for slayer set up for me, considering the technical riding i "try" to do. how do you all have your slayers set up and how do you like your set-up. thanks...

Do You Like To Climb?
    Sep 2004
    Just got a RM Slayer. At first I thought the stem was too short but now I like it. I did move the controls inward and rotated the bars forward a bit. Replaced the seat and continue to try different positions. I think I'm closing in on it though. I hate that the seatpost keeps slipping. I've wiped off the grease and got the clamp pretty tight but it still slips each ride. I thought my old 27.2 thomson would fit but was surprised to find the RM post is just a 26.8. crap! . . . I've got two 27.2 thomson posts and need to track down a 26.8. . .anyone help??? . . . I DO like that the slayer feels more "roomy" than my C'Dale Super V 900.

I don't like the stock tires but I DO like the 2.35 large volume. I'm 5'11" and got the 18" frame. Nice bike!

Last edited by Snaila4; 09-10-2004 at 08:36 AM. Reason: add pic