Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Fixed & Free
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31

    Help! New Cloud Nine turned my ETSX into a pogo stick!

    Yes - I've fiddled with the rebound adjuster: she's turned as far as she'll go! I had the same problems with this shock on my NRS - did I learn? No. I'm ready to go back to the SID.

    How are people setting up the air pressure on their shocks on the ETSX?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCoasting
    Yes - I've fiddled with the rebound adjuster: she's turned as far as she'll go! I had the same problems with this shock on my NRS - did I learn? No. I'm ready to go back to the SID.

    How are people setting up the air pressure on their shocks on the ETSX?
    Hey NoCoast,

    What are your settings of your Cloud Nine - air pressure, rebound and damping? And what is your weight?

    I'm curious, as I've just ordered the spacers to install my Cloud Nine on my new ETSX. My Cloud Nine was previously on my Trek Fuel - I was told by Cane Creek that it was the correct shock unit to fit the ETSX.

    Cheers,
    tt

  3. #3
    Fixed & Free
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1610
    Hey NoCoast,

    What are your settings of your Cloud Nine - air pressure, rebound and damping? And what is your weight?

    I'm curious, as I've just ordered the spacers to install my Cloud Nine on my new ETSX. My Cloud Nine was previously on my Trek Fuel - I was told by Cane Creek that it was the correct shock unit to fit the ETSX.

    Cheers,
    tt
    How did the shock perform on your Fuel? Did you experience any of the behavior I've described?

    I have the rebound turned fully clockwise - compression is set just a few clicks clockwise and the pressure is right around my body weight (I'm 170). The shock compresses fine - it just rebounds way too fast.

    I've read in the setup manual that you are supposed to turn both rebound and compression fully counterclockwise before inflating. I'm not sure if I did that. I don't think that explains the way the shock is performing, but I'm ready to try anything.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCoasting
    How did the shock perform on your Fuel? Did you experience any of the behavior I've described?

    I have the rebound turned fully clockwise - compression is set just a few clicks clockwise and the pressure is right around my body weight (I'm 170). The shock compresses fine - it just rebounds way too fast.

    I've read in the setup manual that you are supposed to turn both rebound and compression fully counterclockwise before inflating. I'm not sure if I did that. I don't think that explains the way the shock is performing, but I'm ready to try anything.
    Hmm... The Cloud Nine was fantastic on the Fuel. I set it at just over body weight for air pressure (175psi), and had both rebound and damping tuned so that it was firm, but not pogo-ing me out of the saddle. That's why I want to take it with me to my ETSX, but I reckon it will need a bit of fine-tuning to get it set right for the ETSX.

    I haven't received the spacers yet mate, but as soon as I do, the Cloud Nine will go on the ETSX, and I will let you know how I go after having a bit of a fiddle.

    In the mean time, I'd probably try setting both rebound and damping to their middle/neutral positions and making minor adjustments from there.

    Cheers,
    tt

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 04:59 PM
  2. Cloud 9 on an '03 RM ETSX?
    By NoCoasting in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •