mtbr member
    May 2004

Has anyone got an '04 Devinci Banzai?

I like the look and specs of this bike but have been told that I wouldn't be able to test it out before ordering (I'm in England). Does anyone know what it's like to ride/weight etc...

Riding I do is mostly singletrack with a few jumps thrown in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I have one...

Bought the frame and built it with high end parts. It's very nice, 30lbs. The geometry is perfect for the type of riding I do, technical singletrack, rocks, roots, some steep up and down. I had a Giant NRS before, the Banzai feels has light and speedy as the NRS but it feels more confident going down with the more laid back geometry.

Overall I'm very satisfied. My only complaint is with the Fox Talas shock. The pedalling platform is too stiff for my taste but I've only riden it 2-3 times so maybe it will get better as the seals loosen up a little. Most probably I will change the shock at the end of the season for either a Romic or a Manitou SPV 4way.

Hope this helps your decision. I don't think you can go wrong with this bike unless you really had something incredible before.

If you have specific questions I'll be glad to answer you.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl
    I like the look and specs of this bike but have been told that I wouldn't be able to test it out before ordering (I'm in England). Does anyone know what it's like to ride/weight etc...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Cheers, how are the sizes? I'm thinking at 5' 7" I may be a small frame size. Do you think that's right?

Inrideo est vita
    I bought a medim frame and I am 5' 8". I built it with my own obscure parts mixture including a Race Face XY0 seatpost (No layback) and a Race Face 90mm stem... it fits perfect.
    Climbing... it works quite well
    Descending... awesome
    Frame... 7.3 lbs and it is in fact rated for a double crown fork (spoke with Devinci themselves) - all that extra gusseting is not just for show!
    Rear shock... ProPedal seems to work ok for me, I don't find it too stiff at all.

Sweet bike.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

i have one

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl

i"m 5'11'' and purchase a medium frame with a relatively light setup (with Xt gruppo, Talas R fork, easton cockpit and XM819 rims). 28-29 lbs depending of the tires setup
    Awesome bike, very comfortable to ride, roll easily over rocky section., climb very well.....definitly the real essence of what a trail bike must be. To date i've ride about 250-300miles on it and no problem. At each ride i'm impresed of the handling ability opf the bike