Thread: the handjob

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008

the handjob

i managed to score a 2006 (never sure if that's true or not) handjob frame, it was love at first sight. powdercoated black. tore all the stickers off of it except for the headtube jolly roger.

the bike has been through everything.

i built it initially with a crappy budget pricepoint kit. since then it's been anything from a high end trail rig, budget singlespeeder, midrange bike, to its recent duty as a weekend trail bike and weekday commuter (complete with slick tires).

i have no idea how many thousands of miles the frame has seen.

aside from the nasty scratches, it's gorgeous when you swab it clean. it rides smooth to the point that i've hated every bike i've bought since, unless it's been forged from cromoly.

i've had quite a few bikes (sold most of them). this is the only frame that i plan on keeping as long as it holds together--which i assume is damn near forever given its bulletproof construciton.

about the only new bike i'd consider buying is another handjob--just to make sure that i have a spare if cove bikes ever goes away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    please, post a pic of your cove here
    http://forums.mtbr.com/canadian-bikes/cove-handjob-show-me-yours-297714-post6278835.html

Quote Originally Posted by eat_dirt
    i managed to score a 2006 (never sure if that's true or not) handjob frame, it was love at first sight. powdercoated black. tore all the stickers off of it except for the headtube jolly roger.

the bike has been through everything.

i built it initially with a crappy budget pricepoint kit. since then it's been anything from a high end trail rig, budget singlespeeder, midrange bike, to its recent duty as a weekend trail bike and weekday commuter (complete with slick tires).

i have no idea how many thousands of miles the frame has seen.

aside from the nasty scratches, it's gorgeous when you swab it clean. it rides smooth to the point that i've hated every bike i've bought since, unless it's been forged from cromoly.

i've had quite a few bikes (sold most of them). this is the only frame that i plan on keeping as long as it holds together--which i assume is damn near forever given its bulletproof construciton.

about the only new bike i'd consider buying is another handjob--just to make sure that i have a spare if cove bikes ever goes away.