mtbr member
    Jul 2004

hand job Vs. Viento

Hi all. I want to build up a versatile mostly trailish XC fun hardtail built around a 130mm fork.

I keep coming back to the hand job or Viento. i know the cove is steel. What's the banshee made out of?

Any feed back? How does the geo of the Viento with a 130mm fork compare to the hand job?

Any other hardtails you'd recommend looking at? Kona Explosiff? orange P7?

Thanks

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    On One 456

thats right living legend
    I love Handjobs... The Banshee's sweet too, and is aluminum BTW.

If it were me it would be between those two. I don't know too much about the Viento, but it looks beutiful!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

small world!

Hey Blackagness. Thanks for the reply. I'm the guy on the heckler that spotted you the spare tube in blankets creek a few months ago.....

The Viento is a beaut but isn't steel the ultimate hardtail material for bumpy trails?

mtbr member
    The Viento is 7005 Custom Hydroformed tubes. The rear stays have the internal rib like all the Banshees so its nice and stiff in the back
    One of the dudes working behind the scenes at Banshee.
    Banshee main site and our Blog

sam575
    I was riding a Handjob in 2005. Sick bike for singletrack and going down, but not the best climber in my opinion due to it's unique geometry - such a slack head angle for a hatdtail. But, very comfy to ride all day due to the nice Columbus steel. I had the matte black paintjob which wasn't that durable either, so go for one of the other glossy paintjobs, I think they are thicker and more durable.
    I was running a 100mm Vanilla fork, so if you went for 130mm up fron that would slacken the head angle even more. Maybe go for something adjustable 100mm-130mm like a Revelation or Talas, you couldn't go wrong with that set-up.
    I can post a pic of it if you like. Just ask