Singlespeeder Downunder
    Jan 2004

etsx shock pressure

Having put together my brand new '03 etsx (Aus distributor factory clearout), can anyone give me some indication of the pressure I should run in the Float RL?

I seem to remember hearing that a touch below body weight is pretty standard. Is that a good starting point?

Jonathan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by planetjag
    Having put together my brand new '03 etsx (Aus distributor factory clearout), can anyone give me some indication of the pressure I should run in the Float RL?

I seem to remember hearing that a touch below body weight is pretty standard. Is that a good starting point?

Jonathan
    I have an '05 ETSX, weigh 185 lbs without gear and run mine at 190 psi. That will resist bottoming on the odd 3 foot jump. So around weight of rider plus gear is probably a good start. Most variance you get from people on here will me more likely due to inaccurate pressure gauges on pumps than actual differences in pressure that peopl use.

mtbr member
    my wife rides an 03 etsx. with gear and camelbak she weighs around 125, on the float she runs 120 psi.

be mindful of your rebound setting. if i remember correctly, it's best to start in the middle and slow the rebound down as you dial it in to eliminate bob (no propedal, i believe).

ant

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Set around body weight

I have mine set 5 psi above body weight